• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 RBS Six Nations] Round 5: Ireland vs England (18/03/2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bugger! Had to be on on what Americans call it St Patty's weekend.

As I expected. Well done Ireland. We didn't really show up. Still 4 wins out of 5 ain't bad with lots to improve on. Bring on Argentina!

Delighted with the win and huge parts of the win. Still feels weirdly anti-climatic, possibly due to my hangover.

Shock horror as Lenihan gives PO'M motm. :p

Blocking all you arrogant Irish posters.

Fecking England ******* the bed. (Eddie made a mistake in not starting Nowell TBH).

That isn't relevant at all to what olly is saying

If Ireland are holding the ball carrier up in the contact- ref calls maul - then Ireland collapse the maul - that is a penalty.

I appreciate this aspect is not "lazy play" BUT ...... The fact that the ball becomes available immediately after the collapse ensuring a perceived "flow" in play fits the MO of letting things slide at certain times in the game.

I may have misunderstood - perhaps clear this up.

Blocking all you arrogant Irish posters.

Fecking England ******* the bed. (Eddie made a mistake in not starting Nowell TBH).

My flight is booked as promised. **** ****ting the bed, I'll **** in your mouth

WTF was our game plan? All game all we did was 1 out passes to lone forwards standing still who would then run at the nearest block of 3 irish defenders... No width, no passing the ball behind the line, nothing.

Delighted with the win and huge parts of the win. Still feels weirdly anti-climatic, possibly due to my hangover.

Shock horror as Lenihan gives PO'M motm. :p

No shock horror. 100% deserved it.
Justified all calls that he was needed.
Lineout improved.
Balance at breakdown improved.
Payne showed he is the 15.
McGrath and Marmion justified they need more minutes.
John Ryan and Scannell too.

And we ran more and it suited us. Hope Schmidt see's the obvious and now builds on it.

can you hear us now queen Elizabeth can you hear us now Theresa May! enjoy your feckin brexit!

TADA, lineout functions, we win. Time for Heaslip to step aside, POM needs to be in the team and while he's there make him captain.

For professional rugby players, the England players' inability to simply catch the ball is inexcusable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts