• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Super Rugby] Sunwolves vs. Lions (Round 1) 27/02/2016

I am already hearing so much through the media that the Sunwolves will be whipping boys and things like "an embarasment for Japanese Rugby"
Ok they may get toweled this year.
BUT give them time.
Rome wasn't built in a day and Crusaders came last (or close to it) in their first year of super 12.

I am already hearing so much through the media that the Sunwolves will be whipping boys and things like "an embarasment for Japanese Rugby"
BUT give them time.
Rome wasn't built in a day and Crusaders came last (or close to it) in their first year of super 12.

My main concern is will the crowd still watch them if they get towelled constantly this season?

Hopefully they won't though.

My main concern is will the crowd still watch them if they get towelled constantly this season?

Hopefully they won't though.

Isn't the Japanese season over? My guess is that their supporters will come no matter the result because of it being the only big name rugby match currently being played in Japan.

Agree. But they have the benefit of being the one team in their country

Despite the loss and expecting more losses I think the Sunwolves play an attractive enough brand of rugby on top of the novelty value of thisbeing their first season in SR and the fact that the Top league seasoon is over and this is the only Japanese team to support.

BUT give them time.

The difference in that, is the Crusaders are in New Zealand and produce world class players every season, Japan are lucky to produce 1 world class player a generation.

They're going to have to treat it like the Jags are, no idea why the countries best 10 is playing for the Reds of all teams.. Also they need to offer Michael Leitch some big dollars.

The difference in that, is the Crusaders are in New Zealand and produce world class players every season, Japan are lucky to produce 1 world class player a generation.

They're going to have to treat it like the Jags are, no idea why the countries best 10 is playing for the Reds of all teams.. Also they need to offer Michael Leitch some big dollars.

Fair points back2back
But everything starts somewhere and who knows what Japan's recent success might mean in the future for their playing stocks.