South Africa
Super%20Rugby.png

OrULMIN.png
Versus%20Super.png
Lions.png

Venue: Prince Chichibu Memorial Stadium
Time: 06:15 (SA, GMT+2)

Teams

Sunwolves: 15 Riaan Viljoen, 14 Akihito Yamada, 13 Harumichi Tatekawa, 12 Yu Tamura, 11 Yasutaka Sasakura, 10 Tusi Pisi, 9 Atsushi Hiwasa, 8 Edward Quirk, 7 Andrew Durutalo, 6 Liaki Moli, 5 Hitoshi Ono, 4 Timothy Vond, 3 Shinnosuke Kakinaga, 2 Shota Horie (captain), 1 Keith Inagaki

Substitutes: 16 Masataka Mikami, 17 Takeshi Kizu, 18 Koki Yamamoto, 19 Shinya Makabe, 20 Yoshiya Hosoda, 21 Kaito Shigeno, 22 Derek Carpenter, 23 Hajime Yamashata

Lions: 15 Andries Coetzee, 14 Ruan Combrinck, 13 Lionel Mapoe, 12 Howard Mnisi, 11 Courtnall Skosan, 10 Elton Jantjies, 9 Faf de Klerk, 8 Warren Whiteley (captain), 7 Warwick Tecklenburg, 6 Jaco Kriel, 5 Franco Mostert, 4 Andries Ferreira, 3 Julian Redelinghuys, 2 Robbie Coetzee, 1 Ruan Dreyer

Substitutes: 16 Malcolm Marx 17 Dylan Smith, 18 Jacques van Rooyen, 19 Robert Kruger, 20 Ruan Ackermann, 21 Jaco van der Walt, 22 Harold Vorster, 23 Rohan Janse van Rensburg

Last edited:
Lions should put up a very big score in this one. There is no fun in sitting on the fence. Lions will probably score more than 40 points
Prediction 44-23 For the lions

@TRF_stormer2010, did you see who's on the bench for the Lions??

Interesting to see that Riaan Viljoen will start for the Sunwolves.

LOL, yeah, I was refreshing my browser looking for the Lions team to be announced too regularly since this morning. I'm both glad he is fit and disappointed he isn't starting LOL. I'm keeping him on. I rather dropped Pita Ahki and got in Matias Moroni from the Jaguars. Not that I know anything about the guy but he is still available and will be starting aganst a Cheetahs team I expect will be shipping a few points.

I still have a few horses in this race from my fantasy draft team. Combrinck and Jantjies aren't my premier OB and 10 but I'm starting them expecting them to get a couple off of the Sunwolves. Then Jaco Kriel was an early(ish) draft from me and will be starting. Hopefully for my FRD ambitions the Sunwolves won't take the Lions as unexpectedly as Japan did SA in the RWC last year.

The Sunwolves aren't ready and haven't got a strong squad, can't see them winning this.

Mapoe and Combrinck are going to destroy and the forwards is no contest.

Lions by 13+

I really, really like the look of this Lions team. They just seem such a well balanced team. Expecting the usual suspects to come the party and dominate the newcomers. Really hoping Jantjies performs for the Springboks sake, as well as Combrink and de Klerk. On a side note, hoping Dylan Smith gets a run from the bench, the oke was one of my best friends growing up back in S.A.

Game time.

Glad it looks like a sell out.

To sort of quote the first great philosopher I know of:

"The Japanese, A great bunch of lads".

Last edited:
Hahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahha

Future bok 10 there.

Oh fek he is on my fantasy team.

Hahahahhahahahahahahha

Lions have one hell of a pack, this is going to happen all the time now.

Last edited:
I really don't like the scrum changes. It doesn't even matter anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Breakdowns have been a free for all this weekend so far.

Sunwolves certainly attacking the breakdown, this is a big lions back row that shouldn't be allowing that to happen.

Pisi is playing a great game so far

Unlucky there, but good rugby.

4th time the charm it seems.

Last edited:
Quirk was a great pick up.

Excellent breakdown work.

Take that for a 1st half floodgates will open in second half I suspect.

Lazy UK presenters can't be arsed to get up this early it seems.

Last edited:
Extremely underwhelmed by the Lions thus far, but am expecting a better showing second half. They just need to secure the win first.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously though, if Elton has a bad season, who's the Bok 10?

- - - Updated - - -

Missed last 10 minutes of first half due to the bloody landlord showing up, anything interesting @Tigs Man?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts