• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Super Rugby] Sunwolves vs. Lions (Round 1) 27/02/2016

Yeah, been very impressed by the Sunwolves, they never let up. With more experience game by game they will only get better and will give a few teams a scare.

Lions, I mean, an away BP win first up, it could've been worse.

Well done to the Wolves. Great crowd and great effort considering the lack of experience in the squad. Their fans and the club should be very proud of themselves.

Lions? Well if this is the best team SA have then they are in trouble.

Esp when you look at the games they have coming imagine if they had failed to get a TBP win or even lost.

Exactly. I am still backing the Lions to be up there or there about's. I really think they are a good side and will push the Kiwi and Aussie teams. I mean like I said, to play as badly as that and to walk away with what they did. Just going to put that down to first game rustiness, ala The Jags.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean the Jags almost lost to what I consider the front runners for the wooden spoon this year along with the Wolves. It's the first game, and both played away, not gonna read a lot into it.

Exactly. I am still backing the Lions to be up there or there about's. I really think they are a good side and will push the Kiwi and Aussie teams. I mean like I said, to play as badly as that and to walk away with what they did. Just going to put that down to first game rustiness, ala The Jags.

Yeh whilst they have a very tough earlier fixture list, playing sun wolves first gave them a game to knock out what is hopefully rust.

Japanese scrum half a are great at giving quick ball, and Pisi was very good.

Yeh whilst they have a very tough earlier fixture list, playing sun wolves first gave them a game to knock out what is hopefully rust.

Japanese scrum half a are great at giving quick ball, and Pisi was very good.

He was excellent! So was that, uhm, American number 7?

Well, when both matches were 15vs15 we played a lot better than the Lions did today.

Andrew Durutalo is his name! Really like the cut of jib. Was immense.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, when both matches were 15vs15 we played a lot better than the Lions did today.

What was the margin of victory for each? And no, you did not play ''a lot better'' than the Lions. Considering your star power that is.

- - - Updated - - -

What was the margin of victory for each? And no, you did not play ''a lot better'' than the Lions. Considering your star power that is.

Margin of victory doesn't always tell the full story of a match. Cheetahs scored 3 tries when we were 2 players down, when we finally got our discipline sorted it was 31-9 for Jags.

Margin of victory doesn't always tell the full story of a match. Cheetahs scored 3 tries when we were 2 players down, when we finally got our discipline sorted it was 31-9 for Jags.

No, it doesn't. But seeing as your test team basically played that game, you simply cannot make the case to say you were ''a lot better''. And losing players to the bin is as part of the game as anything. I could say your lack of discipline meant the Lions in fact played better. Both teams got the win, but to say one or the other played ''a lot better'' is just grasping at straws. Still, would rather play the Lions as opposed to the Jags if I was any other team due to quality and experience of players.

- - - Updated - - -

Backing the Sunwolves to get 2 or 3 wins this season, with a few 50 point hidings in between.

Of course the bin is a part of the game, I'm just saying that one has to take such circumstances into account when analyzing how a match played out, nothing more.

Of course the bin is a part of the game, I'm just saying that one has to take such circumstances into account when analyzing how a match played out, nothing more.

Agreed, but all I'm trying to say ''a lot better'' is a gross exaggeration.

Check out my first week picks

1B1CZzb.png

Latest posts