• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Rugby Championship] South Africa v New Zealand (08/10/2016)

Well, you either live in the past, or accept that the bias and nonsense you issued out to touring teams is actually recognised. From undisciplined thuggish behaviour, biased refs, and restrictions on who we could include in our touring party.

An inconvenient truth huh.

Yes, for a while, you had some reasonable teams, Cravens mob out here in NZ were good, but lets not forget after we had sent a plethora of young men to the other side of the world to fight a few world wars.

You have never been gracious winners or losers, until recently when its been folly to argue otherwise.

One post and you are already firing shots. That = TROLL

The worst thing South Africa can do is go away from their strengths. Forward dominance and power rugby is synonymous with the Boks. They just need a better working backline. And none of this no.12 crashball nonsense. Also, no forwards in the backline.

Agreed, the Bokke need to go back to their strengths

It's astonishing how he keeps on coming back, it's actually quite a commitment. He should be commended for his efforts, all he wants deep down inside is to be loved anyway

One post and you are already firing shots. That = TROLL

I've been posting on rugby sites since 1999. Maybe not here, but was very active when it was keo.co.za etc. The point I am trying to make is this - many Saffas (prior to this run by the current AB team) have been extremely myopic in their view of Boks, and how they've always seem themselves as superior to the AB's. We respect the rivalry, and thrive on it, but it has been very difficult to review SA peoples comments without unbridled prejudice. It has become so bad that even when SA lost matches the relentless dishing out of excuses, the could have beens and the what should have beens always overshadowed the skill or tactics of the opposition.

The lack of humility may simply be a part of your culture - I don't know, but these things have been discussed without a sway of compassion. I agree also, many juvenile kiwis have delivered absolute crap in these places as well, reflecting similar stuff that your mob deliver, and I have on many times been shamefully embarrassed by their comments, just not to the same arrogance or ignorance that we have seen on a more regular basis from the republic.

For us, we have been playing a similar, albeit reasonably high quality standard, with an increase in tempo from our forward pack. Its riddled with errors, but its paying off, and I put our increase in margins and success down to the reduction in quality delivered by SA, Aus, etc, especially the first year after a world cup.

We hope you guys get your house in order, and maybe the IRB have to intervene to allow player movement, salaries etc to be managed better to ensure the ethos of this, the best sport in the world, continues.

Last edited:
I've been posting on rugby sites since 1999. Maybe not here, but was very active when it was keo.co.za etc. The point I am trying to make is this - many Saffas (prior to this run by the current AB team) have been extremely myopic in their view of Boks, and how they've always seem themselves as superior to the AB's. We respect the rivalry, and thrive on it, but it has been very difficult to review SA peoples comments without unbridled prejudice. It has become so bad that even when SA lost matches the relentless dishing out of excuses, the could have beens and the what should have beens always overshadowed the skill or tactics of the opposition.

The lack of humility may simply be a part of your culture - I don't know, but these things have been discussed without a sway of compassion. I agree also, many juvenile kiwis have delivered absolute crap in these places as well, reflecting similar stuff that your mob deliver, and I have on many times been shamefully embarrassed by their comments, just not to the same arrogance or ignorance that we have seen on a more regular basis from the republic.

For us, we have been playing a similar, albeit reasonably high quality standard, with an increase in tempo from our forward pack. Its riddled with errors, but its paying off, and I put our increase in margins and success down to the reduction in quality delivered by SA, Aus, etc, especially the first year after a world cup.

We hope you guys get your house in order, and maybe the IRB have to intervene to allow player movement, salaries etc to be managed better to ensure the ethos of this, the best sport in the world, continues.

Le sigh...

Yep, its Kiwi with another sockpuppet identity!

If you think it is him, then report him.

It's astonishing how he keeps on coming back, it's actually quite a commitment. He should be commended for his efforts, all he wants deep down inside is to be loved anyway

He's like cancer!! If it is really him, then we'll take the necessary steps we can take. But we can only go so far in preventing someone from returning.

I've been posting on rugby sites since 1999. Maybe not here, but was very active when it was keo.co.za etc.

Well that explains a lot. Mark Keohane is the most unpatriotic rugby journalist in the world. He was ousted a long time ago and since then he's been on this tirade to bring down SA Rugby and trying to get followers... Seems like he's getting his wish.

The point I am trying to make is this - many Saffas (prior to this run by the current AB team) have been extremely myopic in their view of Boks, and how they've always seem themselves as superior to the AB's. We respect the rivalry, and thrive on it, but it has been very difficult to review SA peoples comments without unbridled prejudice. It has become so bad that even when SA lost matches the relentless dishing out of excuses, the could have beens and the what should have beens always overshadowed the skill or tactics of the opposition.

Of course Saffas will be prejudiced towards their own team!! DUH!! Confidence is one of the most important aspects in sport and is vital to winning and gaining momentum. If we think our players are superior to the All Blacks, then leave us be, I know plenty of NZ's who will say the same about their players over other teams. As for dishing out excuses, what else should we say afterwards??? This is a forum FFS!! this is where we voice our opinions and frustrations.

Lack of humility?? How long have you been lurking on this forum?? Perhaps you should read the threads before stating such nonsense. I think everyone will agree that most members on this forum are humble in defeat. It's only the trolls such as Kiwi_ that have no humility.

An english journalist, Owen Slot, said the Boks could end up like the West Indies of World Rugby. Crazy, but it could happen.

An english journalist, Owen Slot, said the Boks could end up like the West Indies of World Rugby. Crazy, but it could happen.

The West Indies in cricket still actually win tournaments and can beat England, can't see South Africa being capable of doing that ever again.

KiaKaha's comment are very accurate. Having watched the Spring Bok for many years, I've never thought of them as anywhere near as good as the All Blacks and their racist history makes them extremely difficult to respect. Being a black man who lives in France I can know about racism in sport, but it's not even close to how bad it is in South Africa, the countries history is a disgrace politically and sportingly and deserves to be sinking like it is, it's called karma and there's no way back for your rotten structure.

So kiwi's calling himself 'douchebag' now?

Yep, and I don't think he realises that it's his predictable sentence structure, poor grammar and repetitive use of certain key words out of context that gives him away.

Ho hum.

There's still a large collective of conservative white South African's who think they're superior. They're basically the Nazi's of the Southern Hemisphere.

There's still a large collective of conservative white South African's who think they're superior. They're basically the Nazi's of the Southern Hemisphere.

Quite an apt name you chose for yourself.

It's true, he deserves our pity.

Latest posts