• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Rugby Championship] Argentina v South Africa (27/08/2016)

That's what several of your countrymen were saying back in 1995.
How did that end up again?

I will not put all the nzer in the same bag, as that'd be plain stupid, but it's quite remarkable that after displaying some of the most disappointing performances in rugby history (measured as expectations vs actual results) some of your countrymen have learned nothing about humbleness.

Ok, you can stick to premonitions and superstition and I will stick to using my brain from watching the two contemporary teams perform this year.

I don't think there is anything to be gained by being 'cocky' about any upcoming international rugby fixture against another team from the RC.
The Aussies ran that harsh ad campaign about Englands RWC fall out just before the Poms arrived on convict rock for a 3 test series, and didn't that serve up a monumental error.
The AB's have a habit (until perhaps the last 5 years) of getting close to the desired goal but not quite making it.
I'm old and I remember the 'nearly' moments all too well.
This latest outfit under Mr Hansen are showing no signs of departing from the levels maintained by the RWC squad of 2016, at this stage, but every bubble has a bursting point.
Mullering a depressed and injury riddled Aussie has been required to advance in the competition but they were soft games in a lead up toward playing a reborn Pumas team and then the tough old biscuit that is the Japies in the Republic.
I never forget that regardless of how well the AB's are playing and the stability of their coaching fraternity, those blokes are still human beings and given the right approach on any given day we can end up on the wrong side of the score sheet.
I would love to see the AB's go unbeaten in 2016, but... I'm not going to tempt fate because thats when it comes crashing down like a house of cards.

I'm all for respecting the opposition, but I'm not going to pretend like they don't look complete rubbish and a shadow of their former selves and we don't look excellent just to cover our butt if we have a bad night and they have a blinder. I'm confident we'll beat them and beat them good. You sound like the same crowd who thought the Welsh had a chance when they came out here.

I'm all for respecting the opposition, but I'm not going to pretend like they don't look complete rubbish and a shadow of their former selves and we don't look excellent just to cover our butt if we have a bad night and they have a blinder. I'm confident we'll beat them and beat them good. You sound like the same crowd who thought the Welsh had a chance when they came out here.
To be brutally honest we haven't looked like our "former selves" since 2011, maybe even 2009.
Between the 2011 and 2015 World Cup's we beat you once, if it happens again I doubt it will be this year :p.

Still hope we do just to shut up smug douchebags like yourself. Most Kiwi's are humble in victory.

To be brutally honest we haven't looked like our "former selves" since 2011, maybe even 2009.
Between the 2011 and 2015 World Cup's we beat you once, if it happens again I doubt it will be this year :p.

Still hope we do just to shut up smug douchebags like yourself. Most Kiwi's are humble in victory.

Spring Bok always had a chance to beat us under Heyneke Meyer, sure he had some big faults, but he also could produce a result through sticking to certain important elements of SA's game as well as a adapting when a running game was needed.

The new fella doesn't really have a clue, SA look like they have an identity crisis and are playing like headless chooks. It's quite funny your comment about "douchebags", because I've quite often felt a part of SA's fanbase act very similar thinking they're actually better than us.

Awesome, I'm not late for the dick swinging contest.

Suisse mate do you want to have a measuring contest? Sure yours might be longer but mine ****in' reeks like a big one.

Do members of other countries just get free reign on these forums to insult Kiwi members? As a lurker I've seen a lot of it and the Kiwi user often gets banned. This forum seems quite racist.

Do members of other countries just get free reign on these forums to insult Kiwi members? As a lurker I've seen a lot of it and the Kiwi user often gets banned. This forum seems quite racist.

race =/ nationality

Totally. We hate kiwi's here and we're racist as hell. Fascist too.

We also hate the Irish and Asians, specifically the Japanese. Secretly all TRF members are actually just saffas who spent far too much time on wikipedia and are pretending to be from somewhere else.

Also Sonic how you doing mate, been a long time since your last ban?

Ok, you can stick to premonitions and superstition and I will stick to using my brain from watching the two contemporary teams perform this year.
You just made my point. You are among the ones who've learned nothing.
For what it's worth, at the time (1995), both teams were contemporary.
Do you generally keep adjusting your argument to fit your agenda?

Do members of other countries just get free reign on these forums to insult Kiwi members?
I have no issue with Kiwi's, they are good blokes as I said most are very humble in victory and quick to praise opposition.
I didn't say all Kiwi's are douchebags, I said you were. We get plenty from SA as well, believe me.

Awesome, I'm not late for the dick swinging contest.

Suisse mate do you want to have a measuring contest? Sure yours might be longer but mine ****in' reeks like a big one.

We all know Itoje would win that as well as everything else this year.

Secretly all TRF members are actually just saffas who spent far too much time on wikipedia and are pretending to be from somewhere else.
That would explain some of them making a braai with charcoal and gas.

The Welsh did have a chance.
??
They were leading in a couple of the tests and many fans were concerned at that time about the outcome.
Wales didn't lose the test series for lack of talent, courage, flair or desire, they lost because after a long hard season their conditioning was not the equal of their counterparts who were at the start of their season, still fresh and rearing to go.
They gave our new look side a bit of a fright a few times, it was good for us.

Argentina could give us some real problems yet, especially in their own back yard where they lift themselves and never discount the Japies in their own back yard, they are a wounded Lion at the moment.

You don't come across like you respect the opposition.
To announce that we are going to whip the opposition like dogs and that the opposition are rubbish, is to give motivation to the opposition, it is disrespectful, and it makes a rod for your own back if we play poorly, or get beaten.
No good comes of it.
Lighten up, express your confidence, just try to do it in a way that isn't disrespectful (unless in jest) otherwise you come across like you are taking it all too seriously.
It's a game...

Last edited:
What a sensitive lot you are, a bit of hard truth and you're slinging out abuse.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings with my abuse.

The irony in this post is quite funny. It was you who got so butthurt over the hard truth you got so defensive and had to get abusive. I'm sure you're still just wound up after watching your teams awful display vs Argentina.

Oh well, good luck with the SARU liquidation goals, they seem to be going according to plan.

What a sensitive lot you are, a bit of hard truth and you're slinging out abuse.

Hard truths are best discussed skilfully, not by rubbing peoples face in a defeat or rubbishing their team.
You're not gonna make any mates with that kind of approach, and if you're not interested in making friends and having a good chat then... why would you want to be here?

Hard truths are best discussed skilfully, not by rubbing peoples face in a defeat or rubbishing their team.
You're not gonna make any mates with that kind of approach, and if you're not interested in making friends and having a good chat then... why would you want to be here?

I think Japan has a good chance against us when we play them next. They have produced some good results in the last few years. They beat Wales and they managed to be beat SA at the RWC, who have beaten the All Blacks before. They have a good base of talent and the AB's could have an off night and break all their legs, which would not make them be able to catch the Japanese players. They have a very good chance, the AB's need to be on their best.

Latest posts