• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 RBS Six Nations] Round 2: France vs. Ireland (13/02/2016)

I see Stephen Ferris having a go at Schmidt for not including more Ulster players. Crazy as it sounds, if Ireland lose this match, Herr Schmidt will be heavily criticised. So for his sake France have to be still in rebuilding mode.

Yeah heard it. Pub talk mostly. Madigan is on the bench for his versatility, McCloskey is being kept out by Henshaw (he's done nothing to lose the jersey) not a Leinster player.

McFadden was brought in because whoever was brought in on Tuesday would have had near zero training time with the squad. Gilroy, Healy, Scholes etc. weren't in the extended squad. Fitzgerald, Earls and Zebo fall and Schmidt picked the lad who knows the score and could fit in best. Its hardly a scandal.

I love Ferris but its not the first time i've heard him talk crap.

A French win would be something of a shock result but not an impossibility!

France have a lot of weaknesses (Chouly and the two wingers in particular) and will need to be somewhere near their top form which has not been seen for too long....

Said before that Thomas is undercooked through injury and he and Vakatawa could be defensive liabilities under the Sexton boot?

Sexton did admit in a press conference this week that he would not be kicking towards Vakatawa

personally i think France could well win this one, its a new team new coach and Ireland do not know whats coming, will be close but France to sneak it by a few points. I have loads of Guinness ready to drink before during and after whether it's celebrations or commiserations

Last edited:
Well of course Sexton wouldn't actually kick towards an opposition player, he'll be kicking in behind them...

Ireland may not be sure what's coming but neither are France. No continuity in their team, new coach and a defence coach who hasn't coached defence before.

1st attacking line out lost. It'll be interesting to see how this goes.

- - - Updated - - -

Christ, Bezy isn't an effective kicker. This game is littered with errors already.

Really does annoy me to constantly hear teams, mainly wales England and Ireland, screaming "knock on", "maul" "holding" to the referee.
But it's ok because they say "sir" at the end!

Maestri is a very lucky boy, probably a yellow if the ref spots it.

We've debated DK all week but respect to rise from that fast.
CJ is carrying well again.

Latest posts