• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 TRC] Argentina v Australia in Mendoza (25/07/2015)

I've said it earlier, they would have benefited playing in a 7 nations in the NH, where they will get consistent wins and build confidence. This might speed up the process in their long run, but it does nothing for the teams short term confidence.

Should of gotten a team in super rugby 1st then joined the championship. Like the way Japan is going about it.

But they are here now and to drop them would hurt rugby over there. For better or worse they are here to stay.
Just stop with those fricken laser beams

Last edited:
I've said it earlier, they would have benefited playing in a 7 nations in the NH, where they will get consistent wins and build confidence. This might speed up the process in their long run, but it does nothing for the teams short term confidence.

Agustin Pichot tried to integrate the Pumas to the 6N but the Europeans refused. "We are not interested to have Argentina in our tournament," it was what Europeans said. At least that's what Pichot says. Perhaps the Europeans were afraid that a South American team could win a traditional European tournament, because the Pumas would have a good chance of winning the 6N, not TRC

Agustin Pichot tried to integrate the Pumas to the 6N but the Europeans refused. "We are not interested to have Argentina in our tournament," it was what Europeans said. At least that's what Pichot says. Perhaps the Europeans were afraid that a South American team could win a traditional European tournament, because the Pumas would have a good chance of winning the 6N, not TRC

The 6N has no interest in expanding currently - the "they're scared" ******** from anyone who wants in is very tiresome.

Anyone see Hooper's punch on Camacho?

Playing like that they wouldn't have a hope of winning the 6 nations. In fact they'd struggle to beat Italy.

Argentina have gone backwards in recent years while Ireland, England and Wales have moved up a level. It reminds me of when Italy joined the 6 nations. They were better before they joined and have been playing catch up ever since.

Perhaps the Europeans were afraid that a South American team could win a traditional European tournament,
Or perhaps, you're talking out of your arse and are clueless about what went on. Perhaps, right?
Since we're posting possibilities i'd thought i'd chip in.

Remember when the Argies were those plucky little guys that loved their rugby and just wanted needed a shot.
Now i see them as the biggest cheats in the game (players and fans)

Playing like that they wouldn't have a hope of winning the 6 nations. In fact they'd struggle to beat Italy.

Argentina have gone backwards in recent years while Ireland, England and Wales have moved up a level. It reminds me of when Italy joined the 6 nations. They were better before they joined and have been playing catch up ever since.
I agree with everything you wrote. The Sanzar countries originally weren't too keen on having Argentina join, but the Europeans wanted them even less. Not being able to play better opposition regularly in the past certainly hurt them, but their performances since them proved those right who weren't too keen on expansion.

Now i see them as the biggest cheats in the game (players and fans)
Fortunately for the rest of us you're hardly the voice of authority.

You've taken cheap shots at Argentina in every post you've made in this thread, backing up none of them.
If you have unresolved issues, i suggest a psychiatry forum as opposed to a rugby one. hth.

Last edited:
Fortunately for the rest of us you're not hardly the voice of authority.

You've taken cheap shots at Argentina in every post you've made in this thread, backing up none of them.
If you have unresolved issues, i suggest a psychiatry forum as opposed to a rugby one. hth.
Not every post.
5 at the most.
Proof? Ok the Lasers? The Flops? Everyone has seen the games

Not being able to play better opposition regularly in the past certainly hurt them, but their performances since them proved those right who weren't too keen on expansion.
Nah, that's no proof, particularly the first championships.
Everyone in Argentina knew that after the 3rd place in the world cup the generational change in the team would hurt them (our best generation). They were well aware of that when they joined the TRC. Although i do agree it doesn't do wonders for the short term self esteem, from the realistic available options we've got, it is the best one, particularly in the long run.

- - - Updated - - -

Not every post.
5 at the most.
Proof? Ok the Lasers? The Flops? Everyone has seen the games
Ok mr nitpicker, not all, just 5. You win.

Couldn't help noticing you scrutinize opposition's mistakes yet you conveniently forget to mention Australia's. Quite the conundrum.

Nah, that's no proof, particularly the first championships.
Everyone in Argentina knew that after the 3rd place in the world cup the generational change in the team would hurt them (our best generation). They were well aware of that when they joined the TRC. Although i do agree it doesn't do wonders for the short term self esteem, from the realistic available options we've got, it is the best one, particularly in the long run.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok mr nitpicker, not all, just 5. You win.

Couldn't help noticing you scrutinize opposition's mistakes yet you conveniently forget to mention Australia's. Quite the conundrum.
No not mistakes, Wallabies make plenty, but cheating.

No not mistakes, Wallabies make plenty, but cheating.
Well, then define cheating for me, because it appears you have a very particular definition.

When Pocock blocks Sanchez from trying to make a tackle (he probably would have missed, granted, but that is not the point) in the first try, that's ok in your book i assume, since you conveniently failed to mention it.

Are those double standards an australian thing or is it just you?

Well, then define cheating for me, because it appears you have a very particular definition.

When Pocock blocks Sanchez from trying to make a tackle (he probably would have missed, granted, but that is not the point) in the first try, that's ok in your book i assume, since you conveniently failed to mention it.

Are those double standards an australian thing or is it just you?

You mean when the dope ran into him trying to get a penalty like the half dozen flops.

I know its hard for you south americans but this isnt soccer. Flopping and diving isnt a good thing.

Every All Black match I've watched vs Argentina has been a fair and honest contest, never once did the word cheat come into my head while playing the Argies.

So basically, yes, you forgot to mention Pocock's. Hence my point.

I know its hard for you south americans but this isnt soccer. Flopping and diving isnt a good thing.
Ohh, the hasty generalization game. Never seen that one before.
I honestly have a hard time coming up with a witty comeback. I mean, Australian's are flawless.

Every All Black match I've watched vs Argentina has been a fair and honest contest, never once did the word cheat come into my head while playing the Argies.

I think P.Tah is being a bit rough - I don't see them as cheats, but they definitely milk those penalties. I hate Cooper, but his YC was the sort of "tackle" you'd see 1000 times every weekend in the NRL without a player ever flinching - let alone falling over like he'd been shot.

I think most people who have played rugby would of done what Pocock did before. It was the right decision from the referee imo

- - - Updated - - -

The 6N has no interest in expanding currently - the "they're scared" ******** from anyone who wants in is very tiresome.

Anyone see Hooper's punch on Camacho?

Just saw a replay of it do you think it well be reviewed? would not be good to lose him through suspension.

edit: just read that he got cited. hopefully he gets off Its hard to tell if its a closed or open hand especially when some wind could of knocked over some of the players in the pumas during the game. Im not a big hooper fan but he was held back so you can understand why he was frustrated.

Last edited:
Every time Argentina is going through a rough patch are we going to suffer the morons who think we shouldn't be playing RC? So boring.

I am actually not that devastated over the match. The line ups and scrum have improved over a week, we had a bit more of possesion, Camacho came back pefect, Moroni and Socino played great for their first RC championship, Desio and Isa also performed decently. Not Matera, not Leguizamón, most of them 21-22 year old lads, Cordero was quite good as well.

Bad side:

-there was no leader yesterday in the backs, all the time stupid choices because nobody had the maturity or inteligence to not to choose the rational option.
-a proof of this is the lack of discipline with the kids. Moroni and Cordero picking fights with Cooper, Phibbs and Folau. Who could pick a fight with Folau? You have to be idiotic.
-Sánchez is no leader, he's good to kick and pass and has a good sidestep, but you need more to be international flyhalf.
-There is too much difference in performance between backs and forwards.
-Ramiro Herrera is struggling to perform.

Yesterday, before the match, someone posted a picture with Agulla, Legui, Hernández, etc, all of the people prepared to play an international match of this level. That is because yesterday was taken as a preparation match to give this lads the opportunity to begin their international expirience, but probably is not a good idea. Can Argentina allow herself not to play with everything they have in every match? What if the WC does not go as expected?

As a side note: when lads play against childish man you get what happened yesterday with Cooper. He's just a moron.

Cheers

Last edited:
Every time Argentina is going through a rough patch are we going to suffer the morons who think we shouldn't be playing RC?
Yes we get every year in 6N with Italy and to a lesser extent Scotland. Ignore them you earned your right to play yearly against the big boys.

On a tangential note it always made more sense for Arg to join the the tri as opposed 6N from a geographical standpoint. I think Europe genuinely said to off sod as to some extent it would officially classifying the 6N as a lower tier competition than the tri nations. That would then open another can of worms to what would Ire/Eng/Wal/Fra reactions as they'd rather play the SH teams than Sco/Ita/Arg.

Latest posts