• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 Super Rugby] Hurricanes vs. Chiefs (Round 14) 16/05/2015

Referees have always made mistakes and of course they are human. No one expects them to be machines (well, few of us do). It's just the frequency of the mistakes and the basic nature of them this year. There is pressure on them due to a myriad of rules (some of which are needless) and that is a separate discussion, but there are other times where you just think "WTF?" especially when they are looking right at something and even the opposition coach after the game concedes it was a bad call. Yeah the Canes/Chiefs game saw a fair bit of moaning, but the thing is referees are dictating who wins and who loses with bad calls all the time now. Harsh as it sounds, they can either fix it or lose more rugby followers. I've always said we need BETTER rugby, not MORE rugby. Don't worry about adding Japan and Argentina and every other Tom, Dick and Harry who wants a ride on the gravy train. fix this crap before you do anything. Because right now if you're not a dedicated follower like some of us, rugby has just become a dull, dour, and poorly officiated sport.

Last edited:
Couple of points from last nights TV show hosted by Jeff Wilson.
1. Refs are making errors all the time - they only human - this one magnified because it in the final minute.
2. Nonu "try", that was ruled a knock on, was actually a try. Rolled up his arm, then back down to hand where he grounded it.

Shhhh, a Chiefs can might hear you!

one week for this? http://www.rugbydump.com/2015/05/4307/reggie-goodes-suspended-for-one-week

shocking:
[video]https://youtu.be/qHrAkRdorpQ[/video]

Why do you think one week isnt enough?

I just turned over the to chiefs game at about 38minutes in straight away I see a player clearing a ruck from the side just like this but not hitting the player in the side of the leg. Thats the only difference. And I still believe this Reggie Goodes incident was not intentional so thats why I just dont get the attitude of a handful of posters in this thread that are screaming bloody murder. To me its just totally ridiculous.

This incident is an outcome of the way the rules are being officiated not one player being an evil bugger and trying to cripple another player!

Tbh I wouldn't have been too radical if it was me giving him a suspension for it. It was stupid, but the outcome of it had a "freak accident" element to it which clearly wasn't intended. If you're shocked by that then it's a good job you haven't been watching some of the other Super Rugby games this season because you'd go into cardiac arrest - 'lot more incidents worse than that which I've seen. Maybe not the outcome per say, but certainly the intention. Kicking someone in the skull being amongst them.

Last edited:

Latest posts