• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Semi Final 1: South Africa vs. New Zealand (24/10/2015)

Can't wait for the game, very little to be said about the team that hasn't been said already over the last 4 matches. Personally I think our tactics are a bit backward but I could very easily be wrong, not to mention for the first time in this World Cup I think it's safe to say we are the underdogs. That might just make us throw everything we have, instead of playing tight because we were afraid of repeating the game that shall not be named.

Player for player I'd say the forward packs are fairly close, but we get out classed a bit in the backs, certainly out wide and probably our half backs as well. All it takes is for one phenomenal performance from us or a mediocre one from the All Blacks and an upset could be on the cards.

My head says it will be a fairly tight affair with one or two fantastic tries being the difference for the All Blacks. As soon as that whistle blows however all my well managed expectations will fly out the window haha.

Did I miss it?I told the wife to bring nothing stronger than beer........

- - - Updated - - -

Did I miss it?I told the wife to bring nothing stronger than beer........

I just realized I'm gonna miss the game. Have League fishing on Saturday, will be back by 7PM, game starts at 5PM....it sucks.

Both teams have been added to the OP now.

Those are 2 pretty strong teams and it's going to be a tough arm wrestle!!

I'm worried but hopeful.

I'm working, so I'll miss the match. Luckily I'm free to watch the bronze final next week.

Possibly the biggest rivalry in rugby meeting in a World Cup semi final. And the conversation on the match thread revolves round competition fishing and mental geography.

I love it!

Both this and the Australia - Argentina thread have derailed so much... :D

I'm hoping the underdog tag will spur South Africa to their best performance in the world cup. I predict a very tight match, and SA could very well take it.

I will be at work but thankfully I can have the game streaming on the computer and then have the radio going on my phone so when i have to set away from my desk i can still listen..

I will be at work but thankfully I can have the game streaming on the computer and then have the radio going on my phone so when i have to set away from my desk i can still listen..

Celebrating at any point will be a good watch!! A silent fist pump?

Latest posts