• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Quarter Final 3: Ireland vs. Argentina (18/10/2015)

He's a fantastic player with all the potential in the world and like POM has the dog in him. Hopefully injuries and Murphy's performance permitting, his fitness issues won't have to come into it. He would have had Murphys place if he was fit to begin with, can't wait.

True. But Murphy has played well in fairness. It's more we've a rich depth in backrow. My only worry as I said is the long layoff too much. Like it is still fresh in the memory the performance he put in against South Africa. And I know Munster were mad for him before he signed new deal.

Pat again you haven't a clue. You hammered me for mentioning hat and now off you go when I state my case. And again I'd even question have you ever even had concussion as you off 0 facts and seem to have 0 knowledge. And have no knowledge of IRFU and their history with whole area.
You don't need a direct hit to the head for concussion. Especially if you've the history like Sexton but again you'll say something smart back. You don't need to be aided walking with concussion.
So again you demonstrate you haven't a clue.
So again I'll ask and I'll break it down for you easy.
How is it stupid with regards comments of hat? Maybe throw in facts supporting answer too as you obviously have them all. So let's see are you more than a smart Arse.
I never offered life story either. Many here know what I've worked at for years and well I've shown over my years here I can debate on things I actually know and don't enter debates where I know nothing. Guess your different as your clearly showing.

This is a forum where peolple voice their "opinions" and debate them. You obviously dont take criticism very well muff. Your facts are very impressive and I wont respond to any more of your posts for fear of questioning your superiority of knowledge on rugby, concussions and life in general.

Pat again you haven't a clue. You hammered me for mentioning hat and now off you go when I state my case. And again I'd even question have you ever even had concussion as you off 0 facts and seem to have 0 knowledge. And have no knowledge of IRFU and their history with whole area.
You don't need a direct hit to the head for concussion. Especially if you've the history like Sexton but again you'll say something smart back. You don't need to be aided walking with concussion.
So again you demonstrate you haven't a clue.
So again I'll ask and I'll break it down for you easy.
How is it stupid with regards comments of hat? Maybe throw in facts supporting answer too as you obviously have them all. So let's see are you more than a smart Arse.
I never offered life story either. Many here know what I've worked at for years and well I've shown over my years here I can debate on things I actually know and don't enter debates where I know nothing. Guess your different as your clearly showing.

This is a forum where peolple voice their "opinions" and debate them. You obviously dont take criticism very well muff. Your facts are very impressive and I wont respond to any more of your posts for fear of questioning your superiority of knowledge on rugby, concussions and life in general.

Yes but you didn't debate you tried to just be smart and bully others as I clearly can show with hat bit and massage brain bit. Even now. So again maybe grow up a bit. Guess you'll learn after secondary school.

Well reasoned argument muff :bravo: I agree 100%, hopefully Dr. Falvey, who has pulled players who have taken knocks to the head off the field like BOD v New Zealand isn't taking any chances.

Conor O'Shea had a great quote on 'Hidden Impact' recently, which is available on the RTE player. "It's the Tuesday of the World Cup Final, and Paul O'Connell gets a head-knock in Irish training, and Ireland are playing in that World Cup Final. Does he play? If the answer to that is yes, we are all wasting our time."

Show some respect. That 2006/07 is still the best Ireland starting 15 I've ever seen play. Just because they had a collective meltdown at the World Cup doesn't mean you should diminish their talents.

Anyway, Argentina to be favourties in this one. Can't lose 3 forwards and have a crocked 10 and still expect to be winning. That said, Joe has always managed to make the back row work and I have confidence in the guys who are stepping in to be up to it.
"Forgot how to play" then? Point was after how the World Cup had went up until then that Ireland side weren't favourites.

Well reasoned argument muff :bravo: I agree 100%, hopefully Dr. Falvey, who has pulled players who have taken knocks to the head off the field like BOD v New Zealand isn't taking any chances.

Conor O'Shea had a great quote on 'Hidden Impact' recently, which is available on the RTE player. "It's the Tuesday of the World Cup Final, and Paul O'Connell gets a head-knock in Irish training, and Ireland are playing in that World Cup Final. Does he play? If the answer to that is yes, we are all wasting our time."

Dr. Falvey is good BUT as a whole the IRFU aren't as clean faced as we make out. That show hidden impact was a superb documentary which showed how complex it can be. And there in your last post shows exactly the issue. How far do you go before it's too much a risk. You and me could get exactly same hit. I may recover in days while your weeks. That is how individual it is. And guys like Sexton are prone. Keith Earls vs Italy. He had bang was sent off for assessment. When he returned he was replaced again. This allowed him avoid another test. Now Ireland are not alone it's across the board. Probably Toulouse incident showed how far teams do go. Doctors there know who pays wages at end of day and bend rules occasionally like us all.

"Forgot how to play" then? Point was after how the World Cup had went up until then that Ireland side weren't favourites.

Having read a bit about it Cmac that was just bad from start. Poor camp, poor warm up, picked around by Bayonne literally, poor training facilities, a stale environment and realistically we peaked in 6Nations 2007

Just on Sexton, I think it's a huge risk playing him if he's unfit especially as Madigan wasn't a huge step down in terms of quality last week. I have no qualification in the area of concussion bar having had a few, but given how prone to them sexton is, it wouldn't take a knock to the head for him to get one, just the will ash effect of a big hit could do it, and when it's Sexton who goes down injured, it's fair to suspect concussion.
I'm pretty pleased with the team. Thought maybe Hendo to backrow and Ryan to the SR might have been an option to bring in the experience and a lot of grit, but it's hard to argue against Murphy's selection either way. Otherwise it's no suprises. Hope Earls can push on from what was a solid but fairly nervey performance. Bar the mistake (which to be fair most people have looked past) he was solid but not spectacular. Until he proves himself at 13 his performances are destined to be held under a lot of scrutiny. Think this game might suit him nicely and having his pace at 13 could be lethal with our set moves.

Would you trust Madigan to repeat it mind? He was very good last week, but that was so far by and away the best I've seen from him I'm not sure I'd trust in a repeat.

If Sexton is to be involved though in fairness. It has to be starting as if he pulls up Madigan can come in and make a difference.

Look it seems to be a trait of countries from the British isles to be optimistic of their teams chances, even when there's absolutely no evidence to be so, but this time Ireland have reason.

We've never been been six nations champions in a World Cup year, we've never won back to back championships, we've never reached 2nd in the world rankings, we've never beaten France at a World Cup and we've never had the depth to replace key players before. So it's not arrogance just reasoned optimism.

You've really hit the nail on the head here ! Is it so wrong to have confidence in your team when we are (arguably) playing the best rugby we ever have ? I don't think our injuries are going to make a substantial difference. Our line out should be ok with toner and our maul aswell. If Schmidt thinks sexton is fit enough to play the game and also a team of experts then I'm convinced he's 100 %. So that means our line out, maul and kicking should be at its usual good standard. I think that Henderson and Murphy are both very up for this game and will have no problems. I wish the Pumas the best of luck but I don't think they can beat an on form Irish team. I'm saying Ireland to win by about 10 points. Fingers crossed !

12141588_10153301377582695_8852074975444491051_n.jpg

Moroni is a mistake.

I'm saying it now.

Who would you choose you? Not many classical outside centres on the squad

Too late, I hope the Pumas won't be too slow like you on saturday :p

The Pumas starting XV:

1 Ayerza
2 Creevy (c)
3 Herrera
4 Petti
5 Lavanini
6 Matera
7 Fernandez Lobbe
8 Senatore
9 Landajo
10 Sanchez
11 Imhoff
12 Hernandez
13 Moroni
14 Cordero
15 Tuculet

16 Montoya
17 Noguera Paz
18 Orlandi
19 Alemanno
20 Isa
21 Cubelli
22 De la Fuente
23 Gonzalez Amorosino

Last edited:
Geez, that's massive. I know Madigan is solid, but Sexton is pretty central for Ireland.

Well we're certainly not favorites now.

EDIT: Boss has been called up for Payne.

Last edited:
Would Jackson be better starting now? Either way I'm sure whoever plays their part won't let us down.

Latest posts