• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Super Rugby: Waratahs v Reds (Round 3)

Jaguares

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Argentina
WARATAHS

1 Benn Robinson
2 Tatafu Polota-nau
3 Paddy Ryan
4 Jacques Potgieter
5 Kane Douglas
6 Stephan Hoiles
7 Michael Hooper
8 Wycliff Palu
9 Nick Phipps
10 Bernard Foley
11 Peter Betham
12 Kurtley Beale
13 Adam Ashley-Cooper
14 Alofa Alofa
15 Israel Folau

REDS

1 James Slipper
2 Saia Faingaa
3 Greg Holmes
4 Rob Simmons
5 James Horwill
6 Eddie Quirk
7 Liam Gill
8 Jake Schatz
9 Will Genia
10 Quade Cooper
11 Dom Shipperley
12 Anthony Faingaa
13 Ben Tapuai
14 Lachlan Turner
15 Aidan Toua

Last edited:
Are we allowed to copy and paste from other websites without crediting them on this forum? Maybe we can, just checking??

Are we allowed to copy and paste from other websites without crediting them on this forum? Maybe we can, just checking??

I believe that you can if you credit the source you got it from ... for example, "Here is (the website's name) preview of (which ever game it is)", also include the web address/link

No you're supposed to provide a link to the article or at least the website it's been sourced from.

You never know, Conrad Smith might have written it himself... ;)

Cheers guys. I suspect Conrad didn't know... although u never know huh Fish, it may be his own piece :)

What is your problem with me? It's only 2 paragraphs! It's not even a complete note

This is a tough one... on paper the 'Tahs look the better side, with a stronger pack and a more dynamic back three with decent halves (and a pretty handy second 5). That said, the reds have the Wallabies halves, a pretty solid forward pack, and backs capable enough to capitalise on the opportunities created by their dynamic 9 and 10.

I went last weekend to see the Tahs, and I thought they looked a little off in spite of their 6 try win. Still though, they've got plenty on offer in attack, and at home I'm betting they'll edge the reds by 5.

It's a free forum, and as long as he's not copying material from behind a pay wall he can do what he likes with it as he's not standing to make monetary gains.

You honestly didn't need to remove the summary Conrad, you're perfectly within your rights to life free material like that in an open environment like this.

It's a free forum, and as long as he's not copying material from behind a pay wall he can do what he likes with it as he's not standing to make monetary gains.

You honestly didn't need to remove the summary Conrad, you're perfectly within your rights to life free material like that in an open environment like this.

Actually it's technically plagiarism, given that there was no source provided.

You're right, normally no one would care, but the forum got in trouble a couple of years ago for a very similar thing, so it's best to at least err on the side of caution. It takes negligible effort to provide a source.

Woohoo. 10 posts in a thread involving two Aussie sides. A new record ;)

Woohoo. 10 posts in a thread involving two Aussie sides. A new record ;)
And it only took a debate on writing ethics! Who knew we could get so advanced in an Aussie thread?

I kid... Not that we have many Aussies on here...

Anyways, love the backlines, should be a cracker if the packs don't faf around too much. Whip the ball out and give us a good running display.
That Waratahs backline is missing a scrumhalf. Pure magic otherwise.

Actually it's technically plagiarism, given that there was no source provided.

You're right, normally no one would care, but the forum got in trouble a couple of years ago for a very similar thing, so it's best to at least err on the side of caution. It takes negligible effort to provide a source.

It is required that the material is copyrighted in the first place, and the jurisdiction issue would be murky at best, as it would depend the forum being hosted in a country that had signed relevant IP treaties AND the author for some reason objecting to the further promotion of the match.

As for the game - it's pretty bloody wet here, so this might end up being a scrappy affair. I was planning to go, but it's at that soul-less hole in homebush, and whilst I'll tolerate it in good weather, I'm not in the mood to get soaked, be stuck on crap transport AND sit for 2 hours with a crap view in the country's worst stadium.

It is required that the material is copyrighted in the first place, and the jurisdiction issue would be murky at best, as it would depend the forum being hosted in a country that had signed relevant IP treaties AND the author for some reason objecting to the further promotion of the match.

As for the game - it's pretty bloody wet here, so this might end up being a scrappy affair. I was planning to go, but it's at that soul-less hole in homebush, and whilst I'll tolerate it in good weather, I'm not in the mood to get soaked, be stuck on crap transport AND sit for 2 hours with a crap view in the country's worst stadium.

A copyright isn't something you need to apply for, it's automatic. The reason the forum asks this is in case someone does object.

Regardless, it's tacky to directly copy something off someone and not cite your source, or at least state that you retrieved it from somewhere else.

To the game, I think the Waratahs may take it, purely because of the home advantage. I wouldn't be surprised to see an intercept try, also.

Should be a great game both packs look pretty solid and while the reds have great half's the Tah's 11-15 is pretty special.

A copyright isn't something you need to apply for, it's automatic. The reason the forum asks this is in case someone does object.

Regardless, it's tacky to directly copy something off someone and not cite your source, or at least state that you retrieved it from somewhere else.

Fair point. Might as well have provided the link I suppose.

Anyway, only a couple of hours to go now - pretty pumped for the game and I hope the 'Tahs pump qld!

This is a hard game to pick - hopefully the weather improves. I'm looking forward to the battle between Gill and Hooper. Gill looks to have put a few kg's on this season, and I still believe he is the best pure 'pilferer' in world rugby. I think the Reds will look to attack the Waratahs around the 10/12 channel - I thought Beale looked a bit lost at times in defense last weekend.

I'm hoping the Reds win, but I'm picking the Waratahs by 5, largely due to their home ground advantage.

I feel I should support my 'local' team...

You should always support where you get your bread and butter as they say. I follow that rule on most things, but as a New South Welshman, I would find it pretty hard to ever support Qld in anything unless they were playing teams from England or South African.

Latest posts