• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Super Rugby: Highlanders v Hurricanes (Round 6)

Marshall is right TJP has been nonexistant in this game and makes glaring mistakes. In this game last year he beasted A Smith... he needs to sort his crap out.

Not a bad half of rugby considering no tries were scored. There was plenty of action, but neither side were able to fully take their chances.

Thorn's return has been a big boost for the Highlanders, both with ball in hand and on defense. Both Smith's have been good - it has been good to see Aaron Smith putting pressure on Perenara. I'm worried how poor our midfield defense has been - Burleigh has been a revolving door, Sopoaga is no better, and Fekitoa has been out of position a couple of times. I get the feeling it is only a matter of time the Canes will break through the midfield and score.

For the Canes I think Julian Savea has been the standout. I hope they don't give him any ball in the 2nd half ;)

Yeah its crazy if the canes just give Savea some space and a good chance he's going to score for sure.

Probably wont see a better tackle than that all year! That was mean as.

EDIT: Im telling you man Ben Smith spotted that hole basically as soon as he got the ball that is CRAZY! If Dagg is fullback this year Hansen has rocks in his head!

Last edited:
TRY Burleigh! Ben Smith too good. Nice work by Aaron Smith too (though he has missed 3 tackles in the last 5 minutes...)

16 point lead now. Hopefully we can hold on....

Absolute credit deserves to go to the Highlanders, but this is simply embarrassing from the Canes. Almost zero cohesion, lacking basic skills of catching and passing, they are pretty much getting dominated in every facet of the game. It is an absolute disgrace!

Try for Ben Franks. Better play by the Canes. Highlanders need to strike back, as we have a habit of collapsing late in games if the opposition gets a sniff...

Important turnover there by Ioane.

EDIT: Now Fekitoa saves the day. Canes so close again...

Last edited:
Absolute credit deserves to go to the Highlanders, but this is simply embarrassing from the Canes. Almost zero cohesion, lacking basic skills of catching and passing, they are pretty much getting dominated in every facet of the game. It is an absolute disgrace!

OK, so is this what it takes?? Absolute rubbish for 60min and basically out of the game before they decide to play rugby? I just don't get what is wrong with these guys!!

"Triffic" try from the hurricanes.Beauden barret the future of New Zealand rugby "

OK, so is this what it takes?? Absolute rubbish for 60min and basically out of the game before they decide to play rugby? I just don't get what is wrong with these guys!!

The game has broken up alot with the Highlanders tiring and replacements not quite up to the mark i reckon its the only way you can explain it as the canes have been terrible. The crazy thing is they are just about within strike of winning this game.

Blame lies squarely with the coach.His inability to fire up his troops from the first minute.

The Highlanders just seem to stop playing rugby once they get a decent lead. We just have to hold on for 3 more minutes.

Andre Taylor looking good so far... why haven't we seen him this year before now?

Andre Taylor!!! but what about Perenara???...

What about TJ? He's been terrible Justin Marshall could of jumped on at half time with his walking stick and been better. EDIT: And he sets up a try typical... he's still been woeful.

Last edited:
Another try for Barrett.... come on Highlanders this is pathetic.....

EDIT: Wohoo.. we hold on. Just.

Latest posts