• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Super Rugby] Quarter Finals (21 & 22 June 2019)

exactly...what would the crusaders do? change the game plan to protect him? great we're in their head....dont change anything (more likely as they are very good as is)...then Richie personally knows a giant with nothing to loose and plenty to prove is coming for him....anyone know if Richie is on facebook?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/opini...ZZWkxQEwQQQCd_ZAzq1s1P4z3jAx98DDS1zAf3ypP85Ys

is this how hard up the sport is for refs? not only could they not find a country neutral ref for a quarter final they've gone with some that use to play for one of the teams.

This has bugged me before and ive actually gone back and checked the results when he's refed the chiefs v highlanders and its pretty even, in line with the rest of the results between the two teams and so i dont actually think he's bias...no matter how it feels sometimes.....but seriously! i doubt many people have done that research and so on the surface alone it looks bad

why cant he do the saders v lander game? two NZ teams so a ref from the waikato is fine

At half time, it's Crusaders 17 Highlanders 14. I'm surprised it's that close.

Last edited:
38-14, Crusaders win. As you can see by the score they dominated the second half.

Last edited:
Man Crusaders are so skilled. Who is the Highlanders skills coach anyone know?

Same old game I've seen all year from the Highlanders. Play 40 minutes then just don't turn up after half time for some reason.

He wasn't on Coltman with his throws at the start but had some great plays at the breakdown.

Bender and Naholo you've been legends.

Last edited:
the crusaders are gonna crush what ever is in front of them. ill take a miracle for them to loose besides beeing the best team,
due to the schedule, only jaguares (final) or canes (semi) could face them whitout being worn off by the travelling
chiefs if win in BA have to go back to face brumbies or sharks and then back to NZ. while the saders await at home by the fire
the bulls have to go to cristchurch if they pass the canes
sharks or brumbies would have to come to buenos aires and then back to nz!

all blacks in the crusaders team

Man this is crazy after all the bullshit around the amount of internationals in los jaguares (every time i read articles about us, they call the jags the pumas in disguise), and many of them say its unfair. Others, i would say the mayority, claim for a second team from arg to split the talent in two teams to make it more fair for the provincial comp..
Some mentioned a warathas side full of wallabies, but no one said nothing about the saders. who just field 12 all blaks.
This is rally a joke. like pumas and all blacks are the same "internationals " but we all know pumas are miles away from the AB. still no one says crusaders are cheates cos they are the all blacks - 3

1-Joe Moody, 2-Codie Taylor, 3-Owen Franks, 4-Scott Barrett, 5-Sam Whitelock,
6-Whetu Douglas, 7-Matt Todd, 8-Kieran Read, 9-Bryn Hall (mahori all blacks), 10-Richie Mo'unga, 11-George Bridge, 12-Ryan Crotty, 13-Jack Goodhue, 14-Sevu Reece, 15-David Havili

Glen Jackson flies from NZ to ref Jags vs Chiefs. I don't get it. I'm really trying to understand the rationale behind the choice and i really can't understand it.
I wouldn't like it, but i could understand the choice if we were playing in New Zealand (costs, logistics, etc).
Am i missing something or is this really stupid?

I am not saying he will be biased, i just dont understand why you would pick a ref that opens your flank to a very obvious (and justified) line of criticism.
Isnt there a single South African nor Australian ref available? Really? Not one?

I like this one liner better: "ex-chiefs' fly-half Glen Jackson, officiates Chiefs' quarterfinal knock out game. "

Am i missing something or is this really stupid?

SANZAAR again suprises everyone.

I like this one liner better: "ex-chiefs' fly-half Glen Jackson, officiates Chiefs' quarterfinal knock out game. "
"Jaguares win at home as Waikato local Glen Jackson makes costly mistake to deny Chiefs victory" - Probably the NZ herald on Sunday

all blacks in the crusaders team

arg to split the talent in two teams to make it more fair for the provincial comp..

Please, dont be fooled by Aussie sentiment on the issue. Nobody else wants Super rugby to be just a "provincial comp" thats kinda setting the bar very low, the more international level sides involved the better for everyone except maybe the Australians.

How many penalties on defense chief has to make in order to the ref to card them ffs

edit: They are not playing on their feet also....

I know he's on the fringes of the AB squad and has a good chance of going to Japan, but Nathan Harris is pretty underwhelming to watch compared to Taylor or Coles

wow that was a real challenge . at half time I thought it was all over.
the travel took a toll on the chiefs by the end of the game.
now we can go all the way and get to the final.

Ok, very happy overall, especially on defence. Super focused very few mistakes. 7 of their points came from that "advantage" that caught us off guard and another penalty (offside at a ruck by bonilla) was, imo, completely immaterial. Chiefs had a few of those themselves and not a single penalty was awarded.
Those were 10 of the 16 points we conceded. Again, very happy on defence.
Our wingers were both immense on defence.

We need to work on the scrum. I think at min 72 we had 7 scrums (we throw in) and lost 3 of those. That will cost us a game.
Our offence was not as clinical as it can be, but it wasn't that bad either. Our kick and chase was poor. Dont think we caught a single ball from that.

Still, again, v happy.

By the way, quick question to non-chiefs and non-jaguares people. Moroni's try (second half one), a chiefs player literally kicks him to try to prevent the try. Is it me or that's foul play? I recall lavanini being yellow carded for stuff like that in previous seasons.

Latest posts