• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Super Rugby] Quarter Finals (21 & 22 June 2019)

But they finished 12th
Not sure why you don't like Jamie Joseph much but his first season he inherited a pretty lack luster team. You could see his imprint immediately especially in the grit and determination and playing to the reality of the skills they had. There were a lot of close losses against great teams that year and they definitely played above themselves.

Jamie was great and i'd take him back in a heart beat but lets not forget 2013......good things can take time and a little trial and error

Not sure why you don't like Jamie Joseph much but his first season he inherited a pretty lack luster team. You could see his imprint immediately especially in the grit and determination and playing to the reality of the skills they had. There were a lot of close losses against great teams that year and they definitely played above themselves.
I'm a big Jamie Joseph fan actually. And saying his team was lacklustre is no real excuse because we saw another year his highlanders did just as poorly with a several imported superstars.

I just thought it was worth pointing out that results under Aaron Mauger don't indicate his coaching ability, because it can take time to develop a team to your style. So I could throw that back at you and say I don't know why you dislike Aaron Mauger so much.

Jamie was great and i'd take him back in a heart beat but lets not forget 2013......good things can take time and a little trial and error
Not to mention smart coaches have ideas, hence there are more previously untried things that they try without knowing whether they'll work. In other words there is more trial and error from smart coaches.

cruzaders
jaguares 51% 49%
bulls
sharks

The way your team's been playing, I think you are being overly pessimistic.....I think it will be a Jaguares Saders final......they are looking good.

It's pretty interesting.

The Hurricanes won the most matches in the season.
The Crusaders and the Jaguares won an equal amount of matches in the Season.
The Bulls didn't play the Hurricanes in the regular season, and haven't lost yet in New Zealand.
The Sharks haven't lost yet in Australia this season.

Makes me think that there might just be some surprizes this weekend...

Who's seen or listens to this podcast (Super Rugby Podcast)

Super Rugby Podcast - (also on all other podcast apps)

Just found these guys they're classic.

Anyone else know any other Super Rugby podcasts worth listening to?

Thanks for sharing. Do you know where in New Zealand they're based? My guess is Auckland, because the guy on the right said he watched all the Blues matches.

Last edited:
It's pretty interesting.

The Hurricanes won the most matches in the season.
The Crusaders and the Jaguares won an equal amount of matches in the Season.
The Bulls didn't play the Hurricanes in the regular season, and haven't lost yet in New Zealand.
The Sharks haven't lost yet in Australia this season.

Makes me think that there might just be some surprizes this weekend...
interesting indeed.

I'm pretty sure the sharks didn't play the brumbies in the regular season either.

The hurricanes won the most matches but the crusaders lost the fewest.

Will their be a regular time draw?

I just need this Sharks team to squeeze through against the Brumbies until we get Jean Luc and Van der Walt back then i can see us making the finals

interesting indeed.

I'm pretty sure the sharks didn't play the brumbies in the regular season either.

The hurricanes won the most matches but the crusaders lost the fewest.

Will their be a regular time draw?

The Sharks didn't play against the Brumbies, and interestingly, only played one match in Australia as their other away game was at the Sunwolves for the Aussie Conference.

The way your team's been playing, I think you are being overly pessimistic.....I think it will be a Jaguares Saders final......they are looking good.

hope you are right but ive seen the chiefs play lately and they are clicking. dont think jags have faced a team like this in a long time
maybe the crippled hurricanes where the last serious test for them
if it wasnt for the home adv i would favor the chiefs with their all blacks back.. and playoffs are diferent from regular season
if we go past the chiefes we can beat the sharks or brumbies at home and get to the final.

Thanks for sharing. Do you know where in New Zealand they're based? My guess is Auckland, because the guy on the right said he watched all the Blues matches.
I tend to listen to The Short Ball as Ali Williams is an absolute delight. There's not a huge amount on in depth analysis, but as someone watching it from the other side of the world it does give some useful additional insight and context

I agree. Other than fly half vs fly half the mind games are almost non existent. For some reason i have a feeling Bosch and Pollard do play mind games with Jantijes, but this is of course speculation.

It wouldnt mind a one off event where players behaved like connor mcgregor during pre-fight press conferences. Some charity stuff. Kids would probably love it, but it does go against everything rugby preaches. It's generally an aspect of the UFC i despise but i am curious how good/bad some of the players are at trash talking. I have a feeling TJ perenara would dominate.

Yeah definitely could be Auckland. Can't really find much on them and even why they are doing it maybe episode 1 they might go into it. They're just called Damien and Toby not really sure about much more than that. It's a brilliant podcast though.

D9dIr_yXYAA1jb9.jpg

D9crffmVUAAQBLs.jpg

Latest posts