• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Super Rugby: Chiefs v Stormers (Week 5)

Thought I'd jump on to see what people are saying about this game. I;m just out of surgery, laid up at home in bed and amping to check out tonight game! After watching the Crusaders Stromers last week, Crusaders Blues the week before and the Chiefs first two games, and then seeing the teams named for this one I reckon the Chiefs will win comfortably. I don't think the Stormers will find a way to score many points against the Chiefs and I think the Chiefs will have far more punch than the pretty average Crusaders attack and will be able to put at least 10 maybe 20 more points on the board than the Stormers. That is if the weather holds up. A storm is a coming I hear, so that could throw a spanner in the works.

Chiefs by 16 I'll say on Tanerau's big night out!!
Can't get more spot on than that huh?? Not only did they win by exactly 16 but Tanerau Latimer scored the try to put the lead to 16 and then tried to kick the conversion himself and missed. End result Chiefs by 16 lol !!

Good write up Fish. The only thing I'd add really is the sad news of more injuries. I'm hearing Ngatai has done his calf and Lowe has done ligament damage to his knee. Booth possibly out for 6 weeks or so. Possibly even more worrying (although they seem to be playing it down) is Robbie Fruean with heart issues again. My understanding when Rennie spoke about it, was that it is something that happens every now and then "his heart races" a bit. So they are going to have to keep an eye on him and whether he goes to Perth is up in the air at this stage.

Other wise I loved the game. I havent watched much this season, but best game by far that I have watched.

EDIT: Haha looks like ABs beat me to it...

It sounds like there are a few more injuries for the Chiefs according to TVNZ.

Ngatia and Lowe are both out for 6-8 weeks, Symons could potentially be out with a concussion and Fruean sounds to be having a few issues with his heart.

Aki will likely be back soon, though probably not in time to make the trip to Africa.

Last edited:
was an interesting game, some would say the chiefs got lucky but what they did was throw a LOT of 50/50 play. When you throw enough crazy stuff around some of it is bound to come off, a lot of it fails but some comes off, and thats what happened.

maybe thats how you beat a defensive side like the stormers? Rather than hold and go for the safe options, give the ball some air and the legs some lactic acid.

Latest posts