• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 Mid-Year Tests] Argentina

I've heard he should make the Second Test vs. Ireland......?

Could be. I suppose it is still a ways off. All I know is that he is not available for the Stormers before the break for tests and is not participating in training yet. If they do start him I think it might be a tad reckless to play a player in a full test match straight back from a long term injury so I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't play at all.

Daniel Hourcade released a list of 13 European rugby squad to begin the preparations for the Rugby Championship 2014, after the June international window in Pensacola finished.

Forwards:

Maximiliano Bustos (Montpellier), Agustín Creevy (Worcester), Mariano Galarza (Worcester), Leonardo Senatore (Worcester), Tomás Lavanini (Racing), Juan Manuel Leguizamón (Lyon), Juan Fernández Lobbe (Toulon), Pablo Matera (Leicester) y Ramiro Herrera (Castres).

Backs:

Horacio Agulla (Bath), Marcelo Bosch (Saracens), Juan Martín Hernández (Racing) y Juan Imhoff (Racing).

Surprisingly they have not called Patricio Albacete, best Argie lock. I'm trying to know if it's because of a discussion with Fernandez Lobbe.

Despite this, Daniel Hourcade said this isn't a definitive list and anytime can call new players from Europe rugby.

Last edited:
Daniel Hourcade released a list of 13 European rugby squad to begin the preparations for the Rugby Championship 2014, after the June international window in Pensacola finished.

Forwards:

Maximiliano Bustos (Montpellier), Agustín Creevy (Worcester), Mariano Galarza (Worcester), Leonardo Senatore (Worcester), Tomás Lavanini (Racing), Juan Manuel Leguizamón (Lyon), Juan Fernández Lobbe (Toulon), Pablo Matera (Leicester) y Ramiro Herrera (Castres).

Backs:

Horacio Agulla (Bath), Marcelo Bosch (Saracens), Juan Martín Hernández (Racing) y Juan Imhoff (Racing).

Surprisingly they have not called Patricio Albacete, best Argie lock. I'm trying to know if it's because of a discussion with Fernandez Lobbe.

Despite this, Daniel Hourcade said this isn't a definitive list and anytime can call new players from Europe rugby.

this isn't the squad for the tests v Ireland?

this isn't the squad for the tests v Ireland?

No, is the squad named to the preparation of the next Rugby Championship after the June's test.
This is possible squad to face Ireland in june:

1. Lucas Noguera Paz
2. Matías Cortese
3. Bruno Postiglioni
4. Lucas Ponce
5. Matías Alemanno
6. Javier Ortega Desio
7. Rodrigo Báez
8. Antonio Ahualli de Chazal
9. Tomás Cubelli (c)
10. Santiago González Iglesias
11. Tomás Carrió
12. Gabriel Ascárate
13. Jerónimo De la Fuente
14. Matías Orlando
15. Santiago Cordero.

Reserves:

16. Santiago Iglesias Valdéz
17. Julián Montoya
18. Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro
19. Lisandro Ahualli de Chazal
20. Felipe Ezcurra
21. Manuel Montero
22. Ramiro Moyano

Last edited:
Official Pumas team named for June's test:

140526033110762335.jpg

I srsly, srsly don't understand why authorities persist in having Argentina participate in those tournaments. The Pumas, or their B or even C sides have been smashing the rest of Latina America for the past century...what the fk is the possible benefit of it ? I even composed a thread about this like a year and a half ago...was surprised by the number of posts against my stance.
Ok, so do you think that teams like Namibia, Portugal or Spain should never participate in a WC, or Argentina should not be part of TRC, because is trashed by the others teams? Mmm... I think if we expect that Rugby becomes in a global game, you have to encourage smaller teams with competitions like these. A portuguese kid watching his team playing with the big boys, perhaps result in that kid starts playing rugby and become a future star of the sport ... why not? Something similar happened in Argentina with tennis, no one here played this sport until Guillermo Vilas showed up. After him, there was an explosion of Argentinian players on the ATP circuit.

i would like to see the tier 2 nations/ tier 3 should have they're own little tournament similar to the world cup but with the tier 2/3 nations only

Ok, so do you think that teams like Namibia, Portugal or Spain should never participate in a WC, or Argentina should not be part of TRC, because is trashed by the others teams? Mmm... I think if we expect that Rugby becomes in a global game, you have to encourage smaller teams with competitions like these. A portuguese kid watching his team playing with the big boys, perhaps result in that kid starts playing rugby and become a future star of the sport ... why not? Something similar happened in Argentina with tennis, no one here played this sport until Guillermo Vilas showed up. After him, there was an explosion of Argentinian players on the ATP circuit.

those are all separate, different things:
- The Rugby World Cup has an absolute necessity (and calling) of including as many nations from all around the world as possible, at very least from each continent. If it were solely about competitiveness, it wouldn't be a RWC, we would basically only have the Top 15 best teams in the world. Of course, in the end it comes down to this anyways. In the 1/4F, you always have your France, England, NZ, SA, AUS...but it remains a world wide competition, for that's what it is by definition.

- Argentina are historically too strong a Rugby nation to be discarded and pushed aside, and as they don't have pro clubs in a real league, and weren't part of a major Tier 1 tournament, it was only natural they'd participate in TRC, as they're SH (and since Europe refused their inclusion in the 6N anyway). The Pumas have managed a very good first campaign in 2012, and though they were in shambles the following year they still managed 2 or 3 close contests. So far, both instances are viable.

But you compare those two instances to Argentina DESTROYING, ANNIHILATING, OBLITERATING other Latin American sides to pieces - every - single - time; and have been doing so for the past eternity. So there really isn't a point at all. The idea that teams progress is obsolete, look at the facts, they DON'T progress. They just don't. They need a lot more than just playing Argentina to progress, this is ridiculous. They've been taking 80-point poundings for God knows how long.
It's just ridiculous, counter-productive, and an enormous, enormous and very narrow-minded shortcut than to think this benefits any side at all. There might be tiny advantages in the almost insignificant details, but in the bigger picture, this is absolutely ridiculous and everybody knows it really...just a matter of coming out and saying it.

When you've been beating all sides in a tournament by an average margin of 60 points for the past 40 years and haven't lost A SINGLE GAME, there's kind of a problem. Well, there's "a problem" if you consider competitiveness, fairness, a good spectacle and generally a real spirit of team sports as important things...

Daniel Hourcade - Puma's head coach:

"About last June, what happened, we have learned. Now we're changing. And we want the team to be displayed as such".

"We must to be minimally 40 players with international experience, available to play in the next World Cup".

"Two months after the WC 2015 we will begin to play the Super Rugby, then we must to think about that too".

"We have analyzed much to Scotland. We respect them a lot."

140527080550329219.jpg

Last edited:
Argentina squad for June Tests (31):

Forwards: Santiago Cordero (Regatas Bella Vista), Tomas Cubelli (Belgrano Athletic), Jeronimo De la Fuente (Duendes RC de Rosario), Lucas Gonzalez Amorosino (Oyonnax, FRA), Santiago Gonzalez Iglesias (Asociacion Alumni de Buenos Aires), Martin Landajo (Club Athetic de San Isidro), Manuel Montero (Pucara de Buenos Aires), Matias Moroni (CUBA), Ramiro Moyano (Lince Tucuman), Matias Orlando (Huirapuca Tucuman), Javier Rojas (Universitario Tucuman), Nicolas Sanchez (Bègles-Bordeaux, FRA), Joaquin Tuculet (sans club)

Backs: Antonio Ahualli de Chazal (San Isidro Club), Matias Alemanno (La Tablada de Cordoba), Gabriel Ascárate (Natacion y Gimnasia de Tucuman), Rodrigo Baez (Liceo RC de Cuyo), Manuel Carizza (Stormers, RSA), Matias Cortese (Liceo RC de Cuyo), Tomas De la Vega (Club Universitario de Buenos Aires), Matias Diaz (Highlanders, NZL), Ramiro Herrera (Castres, FRA), Santiago Iglesias Valdez (Universitario Tucuman), Facundo Isa (Santiago Lawn Tennis), Tomas Lavanini (Racing-Métro, FRA), Benjamin Macome (sans club), Julian Montoya (Club Newman), Lucas Noguera Paz (Lince Tucuman), Javier Ortega Desio (Estudiantes de Parana), Bruno Postiglioni (La Plata), Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro (La Plata)

Rugby Championship (13): Horacio Agulla (Bath), Marcelo Bosch (Saracens), Maximiliano Bustos (Montpellier), Agustín Creevy, Mariano Galarza, Leonardo Senatore (all Worcester Warriors), Juan Martín Hernández, Tomás Lavanini (Racing Metro), Juan Imhoff (all Racing Metro), Juan Manuel Leguizamón (Lyon Olympique), Juan Martín Fernández Lobbe (Toulon), Pablo Matera (Leicester Tigers), Ramiro Herrera (Castres Olympique)

interesting choices resting some big players.

Argentina squad for June Tests (31):

Forwards: Santiago Cordero (Regatas Bella Vista), Tomas Cubelli (Belgrano Athletic), Jeronimo De la Fuente (Duendes RC de Rosario), Lucas Gonzalez Amorosino (Oyonnax, FRA), Santiago Gonzalez Iglesias (Asociacion Alumni de Buenos Aires), Martin Landajo (Club Athetic de San Isidro), Manuel Montero (Pucara de Buenos Aires), Matias Moroni (CUBA), Ramiro Moyano (Lince Tucuman), Matias Orlando (Huirapuca Tucuman), Javier Rojas (Universitario Tucuman), Nicolas Sanchez (Bègles-Bordeaux, FRA), Joaquin Tuculet (sans club)

Backs: Antonio Ahualli de Chazal (San Isidro Club), Matias Alemanno (La Tablada de Cordoba), Gabriel Ascárate (Natacion y Gimnasia de Tucuman), Rodrigo Baez (Liceo RC de Cuyo), Manuel Carizza (Stormers, RSA), Matias Cortese (Liceo RC de Cuyo), Tomas De la Vega (Club Universitario de Buenos Aires), Matias Diaz (Highlanders, NZL), Ramiro Herrera (Castres, FRA), Santiago Iglesias Valdez (Universitario Tucuman), Facundo Isa (Santiago Lawn Tennis), Tomas Lavanini (Racing-Métro, FRA), Benjamin Macome (sans club), Julian Montoya (Club Newman), Lucas Noguera Paz (Lince Tucuman), Javier Ortega Desio (Estudiantes de Parana), Bruno Postiglioni (La Plata), Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro (La Plata)

Rugby Championship (13): Horacio Agulla (Bath), Marcelo Bosch (Saracens), Maximiliano Bustos (Montpellier), Agustín Creevy, Mariano Galarza, Leonardo Senatore (all Worcester Warriors), Juan Martín Hernández, Tomás Lavanini (Racing Metro), Juan Imhoff (all Racing Metro), Juan Manuel Leguizamón (Lyon Olympique), Juan Martín Fernández Lobbe (Toulon), Pablo Matera (Leicester Tigers), Ramiro Herrera (Castres Olympique)

interesting choices resting some big players.

I uploaded the squad 4 days ago:

Official Pumas team named for June's test:

140526033110762335.jpg

:D

Latest posts