TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
ITM-Cup-Logo.png

ROUND 8

01/10 - Hawke's Bay v Wellington (RS)

02/10 - Auckland v Waikato

Waikato:
Wharenui Hawera, Regan Ware, Jordan Payne, Anton Lienert-Brown, Joe Webber, Damian McKenzie, Brad Weber (c), Adam Burn, Zak Hohneck, Whetu Douglas, Jacob Skeen, Luke Katene, Josh Hohneck, Hame Faiva, Loni Uhila. Reserves: Harry Jones, James McGougan, Nick Ross, Zane Kapeli, Troy Lobendahn, Dylan Collier, TBC.

03/10 - Northland v North Harbour

04/10 - Southland v Counties Manukau

04/10 - Bay of Plenty v Otago

04/10 - Canterbury v Tasman

05/10 - Manawatu v Hawke's Bay

05/10 - Wellington v Taranaki

3qSmgaz.png

Will Wellington get their first win of the season, and nab the shield in the process?

Have Waikato still got a shot at making the Premiership playoffs?

Will North Harbour once again upset the odds (paying $2.30 to win) and beat Northland?

Can Otago avoid slipping up against Bay of Plenty?

Will Canterbury make up for the two losses on the trot and show off their ***le intentions?

Who will be the top seeded Championship team, Manawatu or Hawke's Bay?

All this and more, in the next round, of I-T-M!

Whilst I don't think we have it in us, winning the shield is exactly what we need. Restore some faith at least.

Will Wellington get their first win of the season, and nab the shield in the process?

Have Waikato still got a shot at making the Premiership playoffs?

Will North Harbour once again upset the odds (paying $2.30 to win) and beat Northland?

Can Otago avoid slipping up against Bay of Plenty?

Will Canterbury make up for the two losses on the trot and show off their ***le intentions?

Who will be the top seeded Championship team, Manawatu or Hawke's Bay?

All this and more, in the next round, of I-T-M!

No. No. No. Yes. Yes. HB.

Would be something if Wellington came out guns blazing and managed to grab the shield.
Looks like they last held it in 2008, before losing it to Canterbury. How has Woodward been for Wellington?

Would be something if Wellington came out guns blazing and managed to grab the shield.
Looks like they last held it in 2008, before losing it to Canterbury. How has Woodward been for Wellington?

Woodward has been ok at best from what I have seen, though it can't be easy being an outside back for this Wellington side! He's made a few breaks, but has made a large number of errors too (often trying to do too much on his own), and his goal-kicking hasn't been as reliable as usual. He has been playing these last few matches on the wing, when IMO he is much more effective at fullback.

No. No. No. Yes. Yes. HB.

I agree with you here, HB have been playing the better rugby out of the two teams and have looked a bit more convincing in some of their wins and should be favourites. In saying that, we are playing them in their third game in 8 days, at home, with Aaron Cruden donning the green and white for the first time in 3 years (he'll get a few more through the gates) - we will not get a better chance to roll HB than this.

I agree with you here, HB have been playing the better rugby out of the two teams and have looked a bit more convincing in some of their wins and should be favourites. In saying that, we are playing them in their third game in 8 days, at home, with Aaron Cruden donning the green and white for the first time in 3 years (he'll get a few more through the gates) - we will not get a better chance to roll HB than this.

Does playing Wellington count as playing a match? It's more like an (unopposed) training run. I think it is more realistic to suggest it will only be Hawke's Bays 2nd match in 8 days ;) (I do agree it will be a great chance for Manawatu, I only have HB as very small favourites).

Manawatu have definitely outperformed my expectations this year, but I think Hawke's Bay is a significantly stronger team.

Worth noting that in last week's game McKenzie missed about 14 points off the tee, Manawatu need to minimise their penalty count if they want to beat Hawke's Bay this weekend.

I have to admit it. I was very wrong about the mighty Barracuda.

Hawke's Bay starting to look in control.

Well, so long as Wellington keep the scoreline to only a 40 point drubbing I'll be happy...

So far it's 28-9 to Hawkes Bay...

Whoops completely forgot this was on...

You shouldn't feel too bad. The Wellington side didn't seem to know they were meant to be playing rugby this evening either ;)

Now THIS is the Auckland team I remember growing up with. Auckland up 34 - 0 against Waikato after 38 mins

Auckland destroyed Waikato tonight - boys against men (almost literally, given the age of most of the Waikato players...)

Has anyone else been very disappointed with the standard of refereeing this season? Tonight's ref was absolutely useless, most of his decisions seemed to be completely random (especially when it came to what was considered a knock on and how long advantages should be).

Auckland destroyed Waikato tonight - boys against men (almost literally, given the age of most of the Waikato players...)

Has anyone else been very disappointed with the standard of refereeing this season? Tonight's ref was absolutely useless, most of his decisions seemed to be completely random (especially when it came to what was considered a knock on and how long advantages should be).

I didn't see that match, but that was obviously an impressive display by Auckland. Watching the Highlights it looked like George Moala had a bit of a field-day out there! He was the key man in 4-5 of those Auckland tries.

I didn't think the refereeing has been too bad this season, but to be honest I haven't really seen that many full matches, and even those matched I had watched I've been distracted (or watched the match with no sound), so am probably not in a position to comment.....

I didn't see that match, but that was obviously an impressive display by Auckland. Watching the Highlights it looked like George Moala had a bit of a field-day out there! He was the key man in 4-5 of those Auckland tries.

I didn't think the refereeing has been too bad this season, but to be honest I haven't really seen that many full matches, and even those matched I had watched I've been distracted (or watched the match with no sound), so am probably not in a position to comment.....

Moala was certainly the most dangerous player for Auckland, though to be honest pretty much any Auckland than ran the ball gained a lot of ground.

I hope moala can bring his form to super rugby level. Hes always been a hell of a dangerous player but just inconsistent and sometimes little skills like handling let him down. This season he looks the goods though

North Harbour revert back to type against Northland. The Wright brothers flying in for 4 tries between them for Northland.....

Looking at the table it is apparent there is really no difference between the Premiership and Championship sides this season. Overall Championship sides have won 28 matches, Premiership sides 27. Otago with a must win match versus BOP tomorrow. I'm quietly confident we should be able to pick up the 4 points (5 would be ideal though).

North Harbour revert back to type against Northland. The Wright brothers flying in for 4 tries between them for Northland.....

Looking at the table it is apparent there is really no difference between the Premiership and Championship sides this season. Overall Championship sides have won 28 matches, Premiership sides 27. Otago with a must win match versus BOP tomorrow. I'm quietly confident we should be able to pick up the 4 points (5 would be ideal though).

Whoops ;)