12/09 - North Harbour v Manawatu
12/09 - Canterbury v Wellington
13/09 - Bay of Plenty v Auckland
13/09 - Southland v Northland
14/09 - Waikato v Counties Manukau
14/09 - Hawke's Bay v Otago (RS)

3qSmgaz.png

Last edited:
OTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Looking for a solid win over Northland tonight, then we head up to Napier on Sunday to take the Shield off Hawkes Bay. Good times.

OTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Looking for a solid win over Northland tonight, then we head up to Napier on Sunday to take the Shield off Hawkes Bay. Good times.

I hope you do, that way Waikato can take it right back ;)

Well hopefully Otago got all the crap out of their system last night ;)

Tonight's match should be pretty good, Tasman v Taranaki. Taranaki are resting Ngatai and Tasman should be fired up after last week's poor performance, so I'm expecting Tasman to win by five or so points.

Placed $5 on Harbour to win tomorrow against Manawatu. Will I never learn?

We are just lulling Hawke's Bay into a false sense of security. At least that is what I'm telling myself....

Live from Trafalgar Park Nelson
Half time Makos lead the Naki by 17-6.
Halftime entertainment with the mini-makos

ETA

Final score: Makos 30 - Naki 31

Arrgh. I still don't get how we lost that. leading 30-24, in possession with 50 seconds to go, and we cough the ball up let them score a length of the field try and convert it.

Have they not heard of PICK AND GO !!?

Last edited:

ETA

Arrgh. I still don't get how we lost that. leading 30-24, in possession with 50 seconds to go, and we cough the ball up let them score a length of the field try and convert it.

It was even worse than that. Time was expired when that final scrum was packed - all Tasman had to do was kick the ball out and they would have won. Instead they they tried to score a bonus point try, which cost they the match. It was stupid rugby by them, so I have no sympathy for them what-so-ever!

ETA

Sounds like Taranaki have a few Welsh players in their squad.

Wow just watched the final passage of the Tasman/Taranaki game - who was it that made the call to go for the bonus point? I would be furious if I was a Tasman supporter/coach.

Nice to see Harbour finally get a win - netted a few dollars for myself too.

Canterbury were very good to watch last night, it's a pity the same can't be said for Wellington. I don't think Garden-Bachop played particularly well - he threw a number of poor passes and his only real contribution to the game was the linebreak he made from inside his own 22. Brad Shields got through a lot of work for Wellington, but I'm not so sure we'll ever see him in the All Blacks anymore, which is a bit of a change from a year or two ago. Rob Thompson continues to look good at 12 for Canterbury - surely he'll be offered a full time contract for next year's Super Rugby season? He's certainly a better player (or at least more promising) than the likes of Treeby, Vaega, Lee-Lo etc.

Bay of Plenty v Auckland could be an interesting game today. Auckland are obviously favourites but I don't think we'll see a particularly big scoreline. Southland should also be too good for Northland down in Invercargil.

It's halftime and Bay of Plenty are currently ahead 12-0 against Auckland!

Haven't been watching, but obviously something's going right for BoP somewhere. Would love to see them get the win.

EDIT: 6 minutes later and Auckland are winning 12-13 ;)

EDIT 2: And another seven minutes brings a second try for Visinia.

Last edited:
Watching the BOP/Auck match - and although there were some great tries, the highlight for me was when the announcer sang, a la Lorde - "Smith comes on for Joe Royaaaal..." :lol:

das

Watching the BOP/Auck match - and although there were some great tries, the highlight for me was when the announcer sang, a la Lorde - "Smith comes on for Joe Royaaaal..." :lol:

das

das, do you know Francis Saili went off at halftime? Also how did his replacement (TJ Faiane) go?

Ranfurly Shield day. Weather forecast doesn't sound too promising.

Not a bad looking Otago side, though we are still struggling a bit with front row injuries (who is Michael Mata'afa?). I would prefer if Allen started at 6 with Ioane used as impact from the bench. The backline is solid, but we do lack a bit of fire-power in my opinion (certainly in comparison to Hawke's Bay who have the likes of West and Fruean).

Can't wait for this match.

This match is not going as I would have liked.....

Haven't seen Waikato v Counties yet so no spoilers please! Just sitting down to the Shield game now. Wow.

Last edited:
I've seen about three instances of players being tackled and getting up without releasing the ball, but the ref doesn't seem to care.

Jesus Waikato did everything they could to lose that match at the end! Loni Uhilia was very good, I thought. Nick Ross would be a good pick up for someone like the Highlanders or even the Chiefs.

Last edited:

Latest posts