• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 EOYT] England vs South Africa

Ouch... yes. But still a fantastic night

was just kidding. We'll never know what really went down that day. All I can say as a neutral is I was blown away by what was happening as I was watching live, but then again New Zealand did look weird in that game. It's not bad faith or wtvr. They just looked different. Weird test match.

Anyways England can't beat the AB now for another 'whatever', but they CAN beat the Boks. Finally. The more I watch Rugby, the more I realize there really isn't all that much that's really necessary to be said about tight matchups like this one ! Best thing we can do i just wait and see...this could, like, literally go almost any way.

The more I watch Rugby, the more I realize there really isn't all that much that's really necessary to be said about tight matchups like this one ! Best thing we can do i just wait and see...this could, like, literally go almost any way.

Very true. When eve was the last time we beat the Boks? I honestly can't remember? 2009?

Don't honestly see the problem^^^. If England have improved over that timeline, where is the evidence? Lots of "we're not far away" comments, but in all honesty, apart from the first test in NZ, they haven't really been close at all. Couple of late scores in games, to make scorelines look closer than they actually should have been, but what else? No 6 nations ***les, and nobody with any sense betting outside of Ireland this season. I just think if this next WC was being played anywhere other than England then they wouldn't be a factor in most people's thinking. I'm just not sure they've moved on from Johnson. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
To keep on topic, I'll go with SA by 8 on Saturday.

England did manage a draw IN South Africa, and their last test in Twick the Boks had that freak try go their way and won by a point, otherwise it hasn't been close during that streak. They reaaaally made up for that previous England streak over them. So just for the sake of repetition and maybe annoy easily annoyable dudes, this would be the 12th for the Springboks...of course I'm one to talk, my nation's currently building a solid losing streak to every single nation for the past 2 years :lol:

Well yeah. But 2006? Brian Ashton was the last coach to beat the Boks? Yikes. With the 2007 WC, if we lose tomorrow that'll be 10 in a row.

dude...are you doing this on purpose ?! :lol: sorry, I have to intervene...TWELVE. That would be England's twelfth in a row, with the draw there in 2012.

dude...are you doing this on purpose ?! :lol: sorry, I have to intervene...TWELVE. That would be England's twelfth in a row, with the draw there in 2012.

Note to self, use the Internet to look these things up rather than attempting back of an envelope guesstimates while in the pub.

Note to self, use the Internet to look these things up rather than attempting back of an envelope guesstimates while in the pub.

ah you're in the pub. You are forgiven for all the sins. All the sins.

I can't say I'm optimistic about this, but then I'm generally a pessimistic ****. In 2012 I watch the 2 England games except where we beat NZ... Maybe I should stop watching England?

England have definitely improved.Boks are marginal favourites. I don't know what Ladbrokes and the other betting houses are placing on England but if I were a betting man I would place a few quid on them.

Optimistic. If England disrupt the breakdown, kick-and-chase well, and get the ball to May, they will do it.

Latest posts