• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France v South Africa - 12.11.22

I am so over Rassies rants wish he would just shut up and rather work on getting SA a proper head coach. I think the ref was good. The only thing I did not understand was the yellow on Deon Fourie but we had a lot of chances to win the game that we did not take. Well played to France. Was n good watch! Sucks too lose but onto the next!

Two close losses away from home to top ranking teams has to be frustrating to SA but reassuring they are there or there abouts I think most would have probably given a small win to the home nations which showed to be the case and probably the difference, I have never really rated pollard but think I have probably massively under appreciated what he brings to the bocks in terms of structure and style of play I do wonder what would have happened were he in.
Willemse does not look like a fly half. Why do South Africa never produce world class fly halves?

Willemse does not look like a fly half. Why do South Africa never produce world class fly halves?
I don't know if this is accurate.

You certainly wouldn't put any of our 10's since the Naas Botha era in a discussion about being #1 in their era but I'd say I can name plenty of 10s that would not be too much out of place starting for any nation other than perhaps NZ.

That said we are in a pinch currently.

Rassie must be involved !

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2022-11-14-at-1.08.46-PM.png
    Screen-Shot-2022-11-14-at-1.08.46-PM.png
    238.1 KB · Views: 33
Rassie must be involved !
You should check out the edit summary, it's hilarious quite a few like that and also calling Barnes various names (I assume impolite) spelt in Afrikaans

I think at some point World Rugby should just say "Don't do this because we don't want the game to be like this." There's a difference between wishing some calls went your way and firing up iMovie and making a thirty minute video. It's just annoying and makes the world a more toxic place than it already is.

I think at some point World Rugby should just say "Don't do this because we don't want the game to be like this." There's a difference between wishing some calls went your way and firing up iMovie and making a thirty minute video. It's just annoying and makes the world a more toxic place than it already is.
The problem is that any action taken against Erasmus or SA rugby just further feeds their victim complex. Not saying action shouldn't be taken, it should, but SA rugby needs to get a grip and stop perpetuating this toxicity. I think at this stage WR needs to set out very clear rules about the proper process for raising complaints, provide additional clarity so people can see the conclusions drawn and also very clearly set out the punishments for those who are found to have basically just gone public slagging off the refs.

I also think, if it is someone in the coaching staff for a union, there needs to be a sort of 3 strikes rule. If members of the coaching staff from the same union are found to be in breach on multiple occasions, some penalty needs to be applied to the union as a whole.

I think World Rugby should react by instructing refs to actually be biased against SA. The more Rassie tweets the more actively bias they get, embrace the toxicity, be petty, ruin games, only text her at 2.30am after posting an insta story of your mates drinking Guinness at 8pm.

Could you imagine if Wayne Barnes or the International Panel released a video critiquing Rassie's tactics or substitutions? The world would go to berserk.
I'm sure Nige would be up for that (but would then have too much class to actually publish it)

I'd say the solution is just to keep telling Rassie he is being a twat till it reaches critical mass and actually gets through to him. I'd follow my own advice but I refuse to get into twitter.

Results of the disciplinary commission examining the 2 red cards rightly given by Barnes during the Fra-SA match:
- Dupont gets 4 weeks ban for a badly misjudged decision to try to contest a ball that was out of reach, cannot avoid a player who jumps to get the ball, result : player HIA passed, no further issues.
- Du Toit gets 3 weeks for cynically headbutting a player on the floor who cannot get out of the way, broken orbital floor, could have been far worse.
Do you guys make any sense of ouf this?

Results of the disciplinary commission examining the 2 red cards rightly given by Barnes during the Fra-SA match:
- Dupont gets 4 weeks ban for a badly misjudged decision to try to contest a ball that was out of reach, cannot avoid a player who jumps to get the ball, result : player HIA passed, no further issues.
- Du Toit gets 3 weeks for cynically headbutting a player on the floor who cannot get out of the way, broken orbital floor, could have been far worse.
Nope that's a complete joke.

- Du Toit gets 3 weeks for cynically headbutting a player on the floor
I don't agree with this framing. Seems a bit harsh.

I agree with the general point you're making, though. Du Toit should've got a longer, or at the very least the same, length ban as Dupont.

I don't agree with this framing. Seems a bit harsh.

I agree with the general point you're making, though. Du Toit should've got a longer, or at the very least the same, length ban as Dupont.
Don't you think DuToit could have extended an arm or put a shoulder first to avoid head to head contact ?
He intends to clear the ball alright, but then he put his right arm on the floor and keep his head up. His final intention is to go for the man on the ground.
No issue the guy is usually tough, but clean. There he just lost it completely. And gets away with it.

Don't you think DuToit could have extended an arm or put a shoulder first to avoid head to head contact ?
He intends to clear the ball alright, but then he put his right arm on the floor and keep his head up. His final intention is to go for the man on the ground.
No issue the guy is usually tough, but clean. There he just lost it completely. And gets away with it.
I think he was reckless and it was clear foul play but I guess their rationale will be so was DuPont's. I'm not as sure as you Dutoit acted with any intent but he could've done, if he did I don't know why you'd choose to use your own head as a weapon to hurt someone but not unheard of

I think the issue for is intent if you take the generous interpretation of their decisions make.

DuPont is attempting to position himself to catch the ball. It's a perfectly normal act in the course of the game.

Dutoit he's thrown himself (with a little help) head first into a ruck. Regardless that's a pretty wreckless move you shouldn't be doing.

Mind you I also agree with Which Tyler on this. Defending players shouldn't be penalised for attacking players jumping into a position they are likely to occupy. DuPont positions himself to safely gather the ball and dint have to jump to compete. But is adjudged to have wrecklesly acted.

The ball that was dropping into his breadbasket if Kolbe hadn't chosen to knee him in the head?
Not all that out of reach

Du Toit should have been 4 times longer!

Latest posts