• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 6 Nations: Wales vs Scotland (Round 5)

not unless clermont brings in an interim manager because im sure they said he'll be available for the summers

OK....bit strange that he is there the whole season and misses his swansong......but we shall see!

OK....bit strange that he is there the whole season and misses his swansong......but we shall see!
and yes we will but vern would rather be at clermont atm because he'll have a heck off a job to do when he gets to murrayfield

as a neutral, got to see a Welsh side step it up and try more things on attack as they were rid of whtvr complex later in the game. Super stale for a long time there with the score stuck at 44-3, but some really nice moves.

I just feel Wales have lost their aura from the past two years this tournament. And it's unfortunate it would happen now, as the pool of death looks just a tad less deadly now...probably England and Australia to advance ? I dunno, hope not for Welsh fans...

Denton, what a fantastic young man. And Hogg paid dearly for having scored that sneak-try on a French mistake there in Murrayfield. Good for him !! :p just jokin..

I do wonder how much the loss of 1/2p affected the game. Rather than just kicking 3pts from anywhere inside the opponents half, we now had to be more creative and run the ball. Looked a totally different team, one playing without pressure.

Scotland are in trouble, hopefully the new coach can get the structure sorted and bring them back from what appears to be the brink of the abyss.

I do wonder how much the loss of 1/2p affected the game. Rather than just kicking 3pts from anywhere inside the opponents half, we now had to be more creative and run the ball. Looked a totally different team, one playing without pressure.

Scotland are in trouble, hopefully the new coach can get the structure sorted and bring them back from what appears to be the brink of the abyss.
they are its not a another coach we need even though vert cotter i think will do a good job well i hope anyway we need a new attacking coach the one we have isn't good if we have to attacking ability which explains how we lack on number off tries. with the likes off stuart hogg and maitland we shouldn't be lacking tries as these are very good players but we need to have a better attacking ability to get these guys more involved which will get us a better try count and do better in the six nations

easy game to anaylise. Hogg gets sent off, Scotland lose their shape and belief, Wales capitalise. I dont feel anything at all after that Scotland defeat, sure the margin is huge, and our ball-in-hand team play was as bad as ever but still, with 14 men, its hard for them to take anything out of this game. Its a game we scottish supporters and the players need to move on from asap. I'm not annoyed with the rest of the players cause it wasnt like they weren't trying. Stuart Hogg let his team and country down with a moment of madness.
Fair play to wales for capitalising and scoring some great open field tries.

It's a 6 nations to forget for Scotland frankly. We should have beaten a poor french team, but the most positive aspect I an think for our championship was Denton's ball carrying and his consistant performanes, the rest of the team, have either been too inconsistent or not up to scratch.
Scotland have got to look forward now. When Vern Cottor comes in, he's got to be the man in charge of the national team, and he's got to be allowed to have the coaching staff he wants, and the team structures that he wants. I know he'll try to improve the team individually and collectively. It's important that the players listen to him, and seriously take on board criticism in the right manner or if he challenge a player to improve on a area of his game then they need to work on that, and give it their all for him, for themselves, their team, their country.

i agree we had a hard fixtures for this years six nations and nothing went our way. but i would never forget when weir did something good for us but after this years six nations i hope he gets dropped till he understands went to pass and when not too but i would like to see vern cotter make him understand that you shouldn't do a miss pass when you can just pass it out the hands and you still score. the wales game i'll definitely forget ... well ... i'll try to anyway nothing went our way hogg red card i hate to say but it was the right decision because you cant just put a shoulder into a guys head and get away. and a message to you guys who thinks that scotland should be dropped from the six nations then you can just F**K! OFF! because you know we can play better you know it

easy game to anaylise. Hogg gets sent off, Scotland lose their shape and belief, Wales capitalise. I dont feel anything at all after that Scotland defeat, sure the margin is huge, and our ball-in-hand team play was as bad as ever but still, with 14 men, its hard for them to take anything out of this game. Its a game we scottish supporters and the players need to move on from asap. I'm not annoyed with the rest of the players cause it wasnt like they weren't trying. Stuart Hogg let his team and country down with a moment of madness.
Fair play to wales for capitalising and scoring some great open field tries.
yeah i agree like losing your best player who controls most the match and your full-back to get sent off is not good at all. what i didn't like though that during the match david denton was moved back to fullback to assist the winger who is helping cover the fullback which is something you cant do like losing on player in defence is one thing but to lose another one on the front line is just going to leave gaps no wonder wales scored alot off tries because if the red card didn't happen then it would have never been 7 tries past scotland. to improve this i'd say denton you need to trust the winger to make the tackles at full-back because we cant leave so many gaps in the front line and that cost scotland those tries. i'll have to forget this loss most definite apparently it wasn't our worst ever lost but to me it felt like it was. the first thing that i hope vern cotter does is to hire a new attacking coach for next year like an experience one

mmm I've been reading a lot of comments that make it sound like Scotland played this whole thing with 15 men. They were in Cardiff with 14 men the whole game, and actually managed to contain Wales for a really long stretch there before the Welsh scored again.
I know this was Aussie Johnson's last game with them, and he looked like he was so stoned he was about to pass out on his chair up there, or even...the blob. I thought he looked liquid at a point, like he was melting away from his seat.

Anyways, he was an interim, that's over with. Exit aussie, enter Cotter.
This summer they go to the US, Canada, Argentina and then a huge test in South Africa again. We'll see what he can manage so soon.

All gone a bit scrappy. Scotland keeping it tight and putting pressure on the scrum, understandably. Wales looking a bit disjointed at half back.

I think Warbs has been unlucky, had his hands on the ball a few times and the ref allowing a little more time for the ball to come back.

It hasn't been a tournament for open-side flankers. Only Nigel Owens, Wayne Barnes and Craig Joubert really had any time for competition at the breakdown.
The french referees in particular let teams get away with holding on a lot.

BBC writing they're instead of their... Deary me. I disagree with that. Hogg isn't a dirty player but it doesn't change the fact that what he did was stupid and reckless. Scott Johnson is doing what Martin Johnson did and just brushing off ill discipline. What he should be saying is that such actions aren't accepted and Hogg needs to make sure a repeat won't happen.

the only thing which i would argue about that red card is that owen farrell did the same to one off the irish players clearly even though that he didn't get him in the head but it was uncalled for and atleast should have been a yellow thats all that i would argue but yes it was a red card

BBC writing they're instead of their... Deary me. I disagree with that. Hogg isn't a dirty player but it doesn't change the fact that what he did was stupid and reckless. Scott Johnson is doing what Martin Johnson did and just brushing off ill discipline. What he should be saying is that such actions aren't accepted and Hogg needs to make sure a repeat won't happen.

Must say, did not read it like that....I think he was saying he is not a dirty player but caught doing something wrong, has apologised to all concerned (thus admitting his guilt) and is in a dark place.....?

Wales vs Scotland RBS 6 Nations 2014 [Highlights]

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts