• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 6 Nations: France vs Ireland (Round 5)

PSA will see France through: he's the pride of the North West.
Shock recalls for Sebastiens Bruno and Chabal to bolster to front and backrow and they'll be flying.

The only way that Ireland could compete would be to recall Buckley and hand a first cap to Kyle Tonetti.

Shock recalls for Sebastiens Bruno and Chabal to bolster to front and backrow and they'll be flying.

34567.jpg

Attachments

• 34567.jpg
    34567.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 13
would love Ireland to win, and if both teams keep playing the way they are, then Ireland should win rather comfortably. My only doubts for Ireland winning are the fact that it's in Paris where they've only won once since 1972, and the fact that the French attitude (Attitude not game plan) will be more resilient, for the fact that in France it is seen as a dishonour to lose a home game, and that flows through all the French top 14 sides.
But if Ireland keep playing the way they have been doing all championship, keep their discipline, not give France any cheap points then the game should be theres

All this talk about France being still in the running for the ***le is ludicrous! We would have to beat Ireland by at least 5 or 6 tries to stand a chance! And in that case France would definitely deserve the ***le. It would be amazing if England lost to Italy in Rome just to mix things up a little. Makes things interesting! But it's not going to happen so the best we can do is a sneaky 2nd place 

And while we're the subject... screw BOD's last send off!! It's about the 10th time he's retired in the last 3 years isn't it?! It's just another excuse for a **** up if you ask me! Bloody Irish!  if we beat them to make a cosy 2nd and they get bumped down to 3rd place then so be it. That's the nature of the beast I'm afraid sports fans! 

agreed lol, he's retiring for the 10th time "for good". I think if Ireland wins - and they will win - he'll call it an int'l career coz it's just too convenient a time.
And oh yeah, France winning the ***le is a hilarious but very distant probability. But we can finish at a fairly good ranking though...which, I mean, nobody gives a fk...but still.

yes and by then our team will be in full auto pilot mode hopefully coaching itself. Leaders within the side will have naturally emerged. They will watch PSA's lips move during team talks but not hear him. PSA will be relegated to media duty and smiling to the camera, and generally lick arsing the FFR president. His true full time job. The AB will be in town fearing for their darling RWC and we will knock them out just to **** them off...It happened in 1999, 2007 & 2011, it will happen again

:D now now, Frenchfan !

... Hey English ... can you please leave the commentary/opinions on the French team, to the FRENCH supporters please :D :p

this gives me a semi-erection.

lol the Chabal pic. 'Quel con !' :p

Yeh so Parra definitely won't be called up. I'm sure we pick him up again to go "down undah" this summer, but no Parra for the 2014 6N. Better for him, he plays on a team about 4x better than France.

This match right here hasn't even occurred yet, but whatever happens here isn't very important anyways: I'm projecting myself in the future for France. I think there may be something good happening before the RWC or at the RWC itself. Regardless, it won't be all that highly significant, but smt fine awaits. All in all, France will have basically lost its time with PSA and co., for 4 years, who took over the team as Lièvremont "finally" left it at the last WC in NZ. Funny because we all thought France had only started to find stability around 2012, after the most chaotic WC France had ever authored, and looked promising for the future. Nope. It was all a waste.

Rougerie, Marty, Harinordoquy, Yach, Poux, Servat, Clerc, Nallet, Bonnaire....all left at exactly the right time !...

Last edited:
Chabal needs to return to this team. He's old, but at least he's got. Balls. And he's a fantastic drop goal kicker.

Easy win for Ireland here. Well done on the championship guys, you deserved it :champion:

:cheers:

All these comments on easy wins, Ireland will win, be careful my friends you are all setting yourselves up for a great fall from very dizzy heights, and a couple of weeks of comments that could leave you all in self pity for a very long time, "he who laughs last laughs longest" for the moment i am just chuckling!!!!!!!!!!

All these comments on easy wins, Ireland will win, be careful my friends you are all setting yourselves up for a great fall from very dizzy heights, and a couple of weeks of comments that could leave you all in self pity for a very long time, "he who laughs last laughs longest" for the moment i am just chuckling!!!!!!!!!!

Very few of those making the comments are Irish!

All this talk about France being still in the running for the ***le is ludicrous! We would have to beat Ireland by at least 5 or 6 tries to stand a chance! And in that case France would definitely deserve the ***le. It would be amazing if England lost to Italy in Rome just to mix things up a little. Makes things interesting! But it's not going to happen so the best we can do is a sneaky 2nd place

And while we're the subject... screw BOD's last send off!! It's about the 10th time he's retired in the last 3 years isn't it?! It's just another excuse for a **** up if you ask me! Bloody Irish! if we beat them to make a cosy 2nd and they get bumped down to 3rd place then so be it. That's the nature of the beast I'm afraid sports fans!

absolutely, what difference would a 2nd or 3rd place make?! absolutely zero. It will not change anything. hurry up lads. Noves wants HIS players back. PSA has had them for too long and he doesn't know what to do with them. Clermont will get a fully fit & firing Fofana. And the fun will start again with some proper rugby when Top14 resumes

Very few of those making the comments are Irish!

Firstly i did not point any fingers at the Irish, who are known for their friendlyness hospitality etc i always enjoy my rugby visits to Ireland and would never mock them, the crap is as always coming from the arrogant Rosbifs supporters who still can not swallow the loss of their team against the mighty but miserable French, how could they not win a game that was given to them on a plate!!!!
maybe its time they got their own house in order before knocking how bad we are, we know this already and do not need their comments or their help.

absolutely, what difference would a 2nd or 3rd place make?! absolutely zero. It will not change anything. hurry up lads. Noves wants HIS players back. PSA has had them for too long and he doesn't know what to do with them. Clermont will get a fully fit & firing Fofana. And the fun will start again with some proper rugby when Top14 resumes

Noves commented on PSA and France's play. You can tell he's containing himself a lot, but he also seems concerned which is a relatively good sign. He sometimes sounds like he doesn't give a fk at all, and say what you want but that would just be an exaggerated stance. Too bad we couldn't get him to coach France...just such an impossible task, he's almost literally married to Toulouse !
Could you imagine if we called up someone like Martin Johnson out of ultimate desperation ?! :lol: :lol:

Firstly i did not point any fingers at the Irish, who are known for their friendlyness hospitality etc i always enjoy my rugby visits to Ireland and would never mock them, the crap is as always coming from the arrogant Rosbifs supporters who still can not swallow the loss of their team against the mighty but miserable French, how could they not win a game that was given to them on a plate!!!!
maybe its time they got their own house in order before knocking how bad we are, we know this already and do not need their comments or their help.

Gee, gaston, you'd make a fantastic diplomat you know that ?
Koombaya, we need to stay humble and not arouse old apprehensions or animosity, or glucosity. Too much glucose is bad for the pancreas.

Last edited:

French I really don't like that attitude buddy! Although I do agree Toulouse desperately need their star players back I also believe that way of thinking is partly to blame for the french national side being so crap! Its a football fans frame of mind! It's not big and it's not clever!

French I really don't like that attitude buddy! Although I do agree Toulouse desperately need their star players back I also believe that way of thinking is partly to blame for the french national side being so crap! Its a football fans frame of mind! It's not big and it's not clever!

I didn't know that was a football fan mindset. I dont watch soccer so your comment is lost on me. Its certainly a common view around here and other rugby places. When you look at what PSA is doing with the players at his disposal, they might as well stay with their clubs. They are wasted on him.
And his employers (FFR) have further antagonised the clubs provider of same players. So good luck to our Philippe. From now on, he's gonna get it from every angle, clubs, media and the players...

French I really don't like that attitude buddy! Although I do agree Toulouse desperately need their star players back I also believe that way of thinking is partly to blame for the french national side being so crap! Its a football fans frame of mind! It's not big and it's not clever! 

I agree...but obviously that post translates the frustration of a french fan who's had it, and a while ago I feel, with the BS of the FFR and not being nearly where we should be - although the IRB rankings say otherwise :p. So it's all about the Top14 now, and given how established the league is and the beautiful plays we get to see there, I mean an on-form Toulouse is gorgeous, Toulon is awesome, Clermont is poetry, MP is flair itself when they're happy, and then even the UBB or Grenoble have game to show. Perpignan was super exciting when fully fit with Guitoune and co., and we barely saw Lopez animating the game there.

Anyways. For the non-French speakers, please just watch the first guy and how outraged he sounds:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1...re-nous-dit-il-n-y-a-rien-de-vrai-10-03_sport

Moscatto: "it's been a while in football since the best French club teams can beat the national one. It was never like that in Rugby before, now it's the case though."
"Saint-André talks about playing at a very high level. Test level isn't always a 'very high level'."

Laporte: "England went in Scotland and gave em 0-20. You hear Saint-André speak before the match, you'd think it's Jacques Brunel with his Italy team: 'it'll be a really tough match...we'll try our best....we'll stick to it hard....blah blah blah...' This is France, goddamn it !...
You hear PSA saying they were in command. In command of what ?!!! They don't get that penalty at the end, they lose the game. You gonna say you were 'in command' then ??"

Seb Chabal: "on est dans la merde", "we're in deep shhit".

Moscatto: "first time I ever see SCOTLAND asking for a scrum !!" - Chabal - "first time that's happened in their history :p"

and a lot of...
"Putain, putain !!"........."putain !!"

Last edited:
I agree...but obviously that post translates the frustration of a french fan who's had it, and a while ago I feel, with the BS of the FFR and not being nearly where we should be - although the IRB rankings say otherwise :p. So it's all about the Top14 now, and given how established the league is and the beautiful plays we get to see there, I mean an on-form Toulouse is gorgeous, Toulon is awesome, Clermont is poetry, MP is flair itself when they're happy, and then even the UBB or Grenoble have game to show. Perpignan was super exciting when fully fit with Guitoune and co., and we barely saw Lopez animating the game there.

Anyways. For the non-French speakers, please just watch the first guy and how outraged he sounds:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1...re-nous-dit-il-n-y-a-rien-de-vrai-10-03_sport

Moscatto: "it's been a while in football since the best French club teams can beat the national one. It was never like that in Rugby before, now it's the case though."
"Saint-André talks about playing at a very high level. Test level isn't always a 'very high level'."

Laporte: "England went in Scotland and gave em 0-20. You hear Saint-André speak before the match, you'd think it's Jacques Brunel with his Italy team: 'it'll be a really tough match...we'll try our best....we'll stick to it hard....blah blah blah...' This is France, goddamn it !...
You hear PSA saying they were in command. In command of what ?!!! They don't get that penalty at the end, they lose the game. You gonna say you were 'in command' then ??"

Seb Chabal: "on est dans la merde", "we're in deep shhit".

Moscatto: "first time I ever see SCOTLAND asking for a scrum !!" - Chabal - "first time that's happened in their history :p"

and a lot of...
"Putain, putain !!"........."putain !!"

i love Moscato. He is right all the way. and listen to Laporte...I love his pisstake on PSA talk before the Sco game as if he was Jacques Brunel coaching Italy!!!!!!!!

Moscato is dead right when he says that the big 3 Toulouse Toulon Clermont would BEAT the current french team. Oh yes. So when i said before the Sco game that the team we were sending was a France B. I was being KIND. Ditto abouot the crap standard of 6N when Sco & Ital are involved and that they wouldn't survive in Top14.

There's more rugby nous in this chat show btw Laporte Moscato Chabal than in the entire FFR selection committee...

and Laporte to conclude : "The players might as well remain at their clubs disposal...." just what i posted 10min ago. Dead right.

The only problem is all that truth being said will fall on deaf ears, as those 3 guys just do not do it with the FFR suits but it will probably the last time the RMC journo does a rugby interview, all 3 of them very funny but very truthful.

on talksport Full Contact on Sunday night they played a PSA post match intevriew, and afterwards Brian Moore was gobsmacked with what the french were sayign about how they showed character and controlled the game and that their discipline was fantastic and blah blah blah... his words were along the lines of PSA being deluded.

They then interviewed Serge Betsen who was trying to be diplomatic about it all but just kept saying "it's difficult to understand what can change" over and over again.

Moscato is dead right when he says that the big 3 Toulouse Toulon Clermont would BEAT the current french team. Oh yes. So when i said before the Sco game that the team we were sending was a France B. I was being KIND. Ditto abouot the crap standard of 6N when Sco & Ital are involved and that they wouldn't survive in Top14.

Of course, they're not full of Frenchmen.

Latest posts