• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 6 Nations: England vs Wales (Round 4)

Liam Williams certainly gives away quite a few penalties.

Youngs gets a line out?!?

And then we mess it up.

and that's the ball game!

Wish we could've gotten a try in the 2nd half, but I'm happy with that :)

Very, very poor Welsh performance and totally the wrong tactics from Gatland........good performance from England but lots of room for improvement!!

Lawes - Man of the Match...who would have seen that then!!!!!

and that's the ball game!

Wish we could've gotten a try in the 2nd half, but I'm happy with that :)

Yeah we really should have got another score.

Also wish Ford had had a few more phases to play. But overall, I'm a happy man!

Jolly good. Felt very comfortable really. Could get used to this. Feels like the Lancaster project has taken a big step forwards over the last two games.

Hard luck Wales, never stopped trying. I imagine a lot of the Welsh fans are very irritated by the kicking.

The England's second row is one of the best in the world. Top class, for me.

Congrats England, thoroughly deserved victory.

Fuming at Gatlands' reluctance to make changes. Painfully obvious that Priestland was having another shocker, especially with his kicking game, but he leaves it too late to bring Biggar on. Gethin Jenkins was on the wrong side of Poite, yet Gatland leaves it till he get's yellowed before bring Paul James on, then promptly takes Adam Jones off! He doesn't make any other changes of real note to try to change things in attack, with Tips coming on once the game was lost.

Tactics were appalling in that first half.

Still, excellent defence from England throughout. Great tactical display from Farrell, and Brown once again brilliant. Laws, Launchburry anf Morgan were great in the pack.

Awesome!! Have been waiting a year for this match. Revenge is sweet:0).

Well done England. They got their revenge, and kept attacking, with great defence as well.

The last round will be amazing... That Ireland-France game now... :D

Wales found out tactically for the second time in three games. Where do they go from here?

Well done England. Clinical when needed and a good defence.

If Priestland starts again next week for Wales I give up. Executed the wrong game plan in a very bad way in the first half. They were chasing the game from then on. Even Jamie Roberts kicked through at one point. Crazy and not playing to Welsh strengths at all.

Quick Edit: For me, Burrell has been one of the finds of the tournament.

well done England. Wales haven't been their best this year but they've still got big bodies to stop and quite a few opportunities presented themselves while England just constantly defended and defended and defended.
England were easily above Wales, met them and surpassed them in the physicality, and with found good enough creativity on 1 try, and really could've been 2 (the Burrell left wing one).

England have seriously implemented a new dimension to their game, and compared to the 2013 tournament, they are oh so much more threatening on attack.

However, as seen in all games but the one against France, it should be noted they will miss on key opportunities and make either the wrong choice deep in a play or be too febrile to finish those off. They will stutter their attacking Rugby still, and hopefully for them that corrects eventually because on too many occasions they should've gone farther, or even scored.

Latest posts