• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013 TRC] Australia vs. Argentina in Perth (14/09/2013)

Awful game for the Pumas... and almost get a win?!?!?! Wow, so that's mean the Australia team is really bad right now. About the ref: my fellows countrymen say it very clear in previous posts, he wasn't impartial, clearly favors the Wallabies, I think still there is a little kind of discrimination for the Pumas in high level of rugiby. I'm glad that so many argentines are posting right now, and also they're very good posters, much better than me.

Really Bad game form both teams.

Pumas just did not have a good game, but what was worst was Lady Luck was not on their side. The home game should be great.

Awful game for the Pumas... and almost get a win?!?!?! Wow, so that's mean the Australia team is really bad right now. About the ref: my fellows countrymen say it very clear in previous posts, he wasn't impartial, clearly favors the Wallabies, I think still there is a little kind of discrimination for the Pumas in high level of rugiby. I'm glad that so many argentines are posting right now, and also they're very good posters, much better than me.
You know the South Africans say the same about themselves. Personally I think Owens just had a poor-ish game with a few homer calls. He's had them before, it's not an Argentina thing. Everyone thinks the ref is against them when they lose.

Last edited:
UAR board had talks with the following people during the Oceania tour to find a coach for the next year: Michael Cheika, Richard Graham, Jamie Joseph, John Kirwan.

Awful game for the Pumas... and almost get a win?!?!?! Wow, so that's mean the Australia team is really bad right now.

Well I think we're not giving enough credit to both teams. The Pumas were very stale and uncreative, but they were not terrible. And the Wallabies were not awful either, but they welcomed a mediocre Pumas side at home only to win by a point. Obviously, these aren't the intimidating, terrifying Wallabies we've always known, I don't know the history of the game too much but I'd imagine this is clearly their worst era, and I'd imagine by far too.

I don't think they're 4th world wide as the IRB rankings suggest. But time will tell, everything else is speculation. We'll see what they can do the rest of this tournament, and then in Europe in November.
But the Pool of Death in 2015 suddenly looks a little less..."deadly". Of course, it's still is Australia...not saying they're bad.

UAR board had talks with the following people during the Oceania tour to find a coach for the next year: Michael Cheika, Richard Graham, Jamie Joseph, John Kirwan.

Yes but even we have the best coach, if we have to fight against the poor refereeing, it´s will be the same.

I don't think the Wallabies are as terrible as these results suggest though because I suspect they'll adapt to the new scrum sequence soon enough and remember they are carrying some injuries to forwards where they are struggling for depth; TPN, Timani and Horwill as their tight forwards with the most grunt as well as their entire 1st choice backrow in Pocock, Higginbotham and Palu. SA and NZ could probably cope but Aus evidently don't have the depth in quality in the forwards to cope with 6 1st choice forwards being unavailable. They'll be back soon I expect.

^ it's true they've been decimated by injury lately, it's pretty bad...
Obviously Pocok alone helped a bunch.

But I'm not sure when we'll really see the Wallabies at 'full strength' and how much that changes who they are.

Time for Mckenzie to try and stamp this out of the team the hard way.
Drop JoC, hard. Anybody read that article in the Sydney Morning Herald a month ago about JoC, Beale, and Cooper?
Sydney Morning Herald

Found something..

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad news for both JOC adn Aus even if standing him down is the right decision long turn. Him and Folau seem like the only really dangerous players ATM with some of the others a tad off form.

if that was made by an argentinian player, was a yellow card. Its was a certainly try opportunity.

I actually think it was open to interpretation. He could've be done for illegal entry, perhaps.

Latest posts