• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013 TRC] Australia vs. Argentina in Perth (14/09/2013)

I feel Australia has totally lost of its intimidating aura.

I remember when Australia came to town and you were scared of what they'd do to your team. The old Berrick Barnes/Mitchell/on form Quade/Rocky and Pocock at flanker...
I'd be afraid whenever they got the ball and the field looked like it was WIDE OPEN and I knew it was just a matter of time before they drew first blood. With the work at the breakdown, turnover ball, and see you later. You'd be happy when their attack would be shut down by your team.
Now, they look like they're just "making it through" the games. Like they're glad they got the win, and they're over-performing each time.
When's the last time Australia looked really good in a match ??...first test against Wales in summer of 2012, sorta ?

And Argentina are equally unimpressive. They manage some fine results, but have what it takes to actually be on the winning side of those results. There's so much "unfinished business" after each match..
and their attack is now a genuine concern...they can thank God for their forwards.

Now this is still Argentina going into Australia, and the Aussies aren't exactly a terrible side either, let's stay realistic here. And this was an absolute, absolute must win for them, and you could tell looking at their intensity during the last 15min there or whenever the score became 14-13.
Folau is a fantastic young prospect for the 'green and gold', but what an effort for Australia every time they get a win these days !

I don't even feel like watching the game now - I was really hoping Argentina would win. Ratfarts. Besides, it's just not worth wasting the time without Marshall's brilliant commentary. ;)

das

The only reason Australia won the game is by the referee, what a shame...

Not quite.

Whilst Owens had an iffy game, missed a couple of fairly big calls that should have gone Argentina's way, it was Argentina's ill discipline and lack of a cutting edge in the Aus 22 that really hindered them.

Right in front of Nigel's eyes, the Australian player plays the ball on the ground in the red zone and spoils Argentina's promising attack... and he does NOTHING! That was at LEAST a penalty, that was potentially 3 points for Argentina, if not more, for what could have been a try... in a 1 point game!

He gave endless warnings to the Wallabies for hands in the ruck, and there could easily have been more sanction against the home scrum. He indeed seemed to miss that glaring yellow, which would have swung the match.

The Five nations:
I believe that while Los Pumas are not treated like other teams by referees we will have no chance to win any game. There are a lot of situations as evidence, even the unjustifiable sanction suffered by Senatore in the macht against South Africa. Leave a link to the note on the sanction to senatore

http://www.sanzarrugby.com/therugby...icial-release-leonardo-senatore-found-guilty/

Please pay special attention to the part where said

"the Judicial Officer was satisfied on the balance of probabilities that biting took place to the forearm of the South African player Eben Etzebeth"

Last edited:
I cannot understand how there was not a penalty try for Argentina (remember the one given to SA on the first match: why not to Argentina today after Aus conceeded three straight penalties on scrums)? Why not a yellow card for any of the aussies? What is it, anyone can come from the side against argentina but the Pumas cannot even look to the side of the rucks?

Rusoref

off course not, if you see the game ones more, you will be mad again...

Last edited:
Mariano, mira otra vez el partido, fijate las veces que nos tiraron el scrum en las 5 de ellos, contra sudafrica nos cobraron un try scrum y aca no paso nada. La otra jugada, tambien en sus 5, metieron mano desde el piso en frente del arbitro y no cobraron nada, era penal y amarilla, como te digo, mira esas jugadas y despues hablamos...

Mariano, mira otra vez el partido, fijate las veces que nos tiraron el scrum en las 5 de ellos, contra sudafrica nos cobraron un try scrum y aca no paso nada. La otra jugada, tambien en sus 5, metieron mano desde el piso en frente del arbitro y no cobraron nada, era penal y amarilla, como te digo, mira esas jugadas y despues hablamos...

Can we keep it to English please

Its cool, we used to have a sub forum where people could converse in other languages, not sure where its gone though

For english speakers: it's just the same complains from two posts above.

I know about all those things, but the last 10 minutes were just too much for me. Handling errors, dumb penalties, etc I don't even want to talk about referees anymore, I just can't bear anymore how green this guys are, and these things happen game after game after game... I'm tired of excuses, I'm tired of "one half performances", I want to win.

Ok Mariano, I fill the same, and soo bloody angry, will see next game in Argentina...maybe we are not ready yet...si going to take more time than we hope...

That's ridiculous. This ain't canchallena.com where everyone is argentine and will agree with you.
The ref made mistakes, granted, but we played dumb, particularly the last 15 min. Agulla's game was preposterous. Fernandez had a pretty bad game too.

And to be honest, and doing my best to post with my head as opposed to my heart, we got a bit lucky, not with the ref, but with Lealiifano kicking game. Entering the game his record was 23/24. He kicked 3/6 today. Fernandez'ridiculous flop ended up in a penalty.

For english speakers: it's just the same complains from two posts above.

I know about all those things, but the last 10 minutes were just too much for me. Handling errors, dumb penalties, etc I don't even want to talk about referees anymore, I just can't bear anymore how green this guys are, and these things happen game after game after game... I'm tired of excuses, I'm tired of "one half performances", I want to win.

Yes, what you said its ok, but we already deserve to win at least one game and having the oportunity i feel robbed because against SA the other day and today against australia we could win the mach and other will be the story.

Latest posts