• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013 TRC] Australia vs. Argentina in Perth (14/09/2013)

This could be something old but reflect exactly what´s Happen with the referees. The result of the RWC 2007
wasn´t only by the players (the best Pumas team ever). The argentinian coach made a claim against Paddy O´Brien about the impartial application of the law by referees.

Feel that it's time that Santiago Phelan makes something like that for, at least, the two last games

This could be something old but reflect exactly what´s Happen with the referees. The result of the RWC 2007
wasn´t only by the players (the best Pumas team ever). The argentinian coach made a claim against Paddy O´Brien about the impartial application of the law by referees.

Feel that it's time that Santiago Phelan makes something like that for, at least, the two last games
In the sport of Rugby Union, and indeed many other sports, when playing away from home you not only have to beat the opposition but often also the "homer" referees. Argentina should get more 50/50 decisions at home particularly if the crowd play their part.

Man, I prefer being thrashed 73-13 than losing like this..

I know we didn't play well this match (so did Australia) and you could say Ref wasn't so bad, but the truth is that I feel robbed. What do you want me to say? Yeah he didn't make a lot of mistakes but he failed on crucial situations and being a one point differene match is kinda a big deal.

If we don't beat Australia in Rosario (Assuming we're gonna lose against All Blacks of course) this tournament would be a failure, I'm tired of 60 min performances and moral victories.

In the sport of Rugby Union, and indeed many other sports, when playing away from home you not only have to beat the opposition but often also the "homer" referees. Argentina should get more 50/50 decisions at home particularly if the crowd play their part.

I disagree with you on this.

Back in Mendoza in the whole Senatore-Etzebeth incident when the Ref asked for TMO it was showed that Etzebeth first made a high tackle and then he reacted not one but twice punching Senatore. When the crowd noticed that, it started to reprove the South African attitude by whistling... Then, after the Ref saw the TMO Felipe Contepomi asked about Etzebeth's reaction and the Ref told him "Oh sorry, I wasn't looking at it" :rolleyes: ffs he supposed to watch the whole tape. Yet Etzebeth (unlike Senatore) wasn't cited nor disciplined.

I don't think that Ref decision had something to do with the crowd reaction.

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree with you on this.

Back in Mendoza in the whole Senatore-Etzebeth incident when the Ref asked for TMO it was showed that Etzebeth first made a high tackle and then he reacted not one but twice punching Senatore. When the crowd noticed that, it started to reprove the South African attitude by whistling... Then, after the Ref saw the TMO Felipe Contepomi asked about Etzebeth's reaction and the Ref told him "Oh sorry, I wasn't looking at it" :rolleyes: ffs he supposed to watch the whole tape. Yet Etzebeth (unlike Senatore) wasn't cited nor disciplined.

I don't think that Ref decision had something to do with the crowd reaction.
I did say "should", unfortunately that day the Springboks got into Steve Walsh's ear about foul play. Also, I'm pretty sure they went upstairs on the basis of a complaint about the bite so Walsh was more looking for that than the Bok indiscretion. I hear you though, sometimes things can be unfair.

Come on man, no way lol. Results like that threaten Argentina's future in the tournament. Close results like this solidify them in the competition.

I know we didn't play well this match (so did Australia) and you could say Ref wasn't so bad, but the truth is that I feel robbed. What do you want me to say? Yeah he didn't make a lot of mistakes but he failed on crucial situations and being a one point differene match is kinda a big deal.

If we don't beat Australia in Rosario (Assuming we're gonna lose against All Blacks of course) this tournament would be a failure, I'm tired of 60 min performances and moral victories.
I hear you. I hope they get that first win. They can take 3rd place if they do which would surely mean success.

Last edited:

I think you are expecting too much too soon, Argentina is now getting top class matches against top opposition on a regular basis but I think it will take 4-5 years before that is translated into regular wins.

My personal opinion is that you are doing better this year than I expected you would, out side of the first game which you can put down to a bad game they have all been close fought affairs.

I think you are expecting too much too soon, Argentina is now getting top class matches against top opposition on a regular basis but I think it will take 4-5 years before that is translated into regular wins.

My personal opinion is that you are doing better this year than I expected you would, out side of the first game which you can put down to a bad game they have all been close fought affairs.

Absolutely, agreed. Those punishing close losses will forge Argentina's destiny in the tournament: you must lose in order to learn how to win, and they won't remain the "tourists" of the competition forever, and obviously we'll see improvement with each year.
It's already the second time they almost beat SA at home, in two years of existence in the tournament.

But it's true that in terms of the actual quality of their game per se, they can do much better with what they have. And their backs have been dormant for the past like 7 test matches or smt.

Also, something peculiar to note:
Argentina seems to score a try literally within the first 5min as a tendency, in matches they ultimately lose and likely never score a try again. Last year in NZ (12') and at home vs NZ (7'), this year again in NZ (4'), this year against SA (try 1').
Either they're such outsiders that they sort of stun underestimating opposition, or they have a steel mentality that slowly withers away during the match - probably both.

Disculpen pero me parece que hay una realidad. NO SOPORTAN PERDER CONTRA UN EQUIPO QUE CONSIDERAN INFERIOR!!!!!!!!!

if not understand use google translate..... no puedo creer lo que lei.

Disculpen pero me parece que hay una realidad. NO SOPORTAN PERDER CONTRA UN EQUIPO QUE CONSIDERAN INFERIOR!!!!!!!!!

Or just use English, like I've already asked in this thread

I don't think I am asking for too much, this Wallabies match (unlike others in this tournament) was absolutely winnable for us. All the conditions were on our favour to be honest. God damn, even the weather was in our favour once again and we couldn't pull out a win. Seriously, when we're going to have another chance like this to beat them? This must be the worst Wallabie team in years for sure... and even though they're still a strong side I don't think they are the number 4 team in the world. Right now they're playing like 6-7.

I'll repeat it again, if we don't beat them playing home this tournament would be a failure. We haven't showed almost any progress since last years, we keep giving easy points and making bad decisions.

if not understand use google translate..... no puedo creer lo que lei

Bueno mi estimado compatriota, muchos de los foristas nos ven como inferiores, mientras perdiamos por mucho hablaban bien de Los Pumas, ahora que los partidos son mas parejos y estamos muy cerca de ganarlos ya no les gusta tanto, eso es hipocresia...y el arbitraje parece seguir esta regla...

ive asked 3 times now, keep it to english please guys

This is for you...

disculpen pero me parece que hay una realidad. No soportan perder contra un equipo que consideran inferior!!!!!!!!!

"Sorry but there is a reality. You can't tolerate losing to a team considered inferior..."

bueno mi estimado compatriota, muchos de los foristas nos ven como inferiores, mientras perdiamos por mucho hablaban bien de los pumas, ahora que los partidos son mas parejos y estamos muy cerca de ganarlos ya no les gusta tanto, eso es hipocresia...y el arbitraje parece seguir esta regla...

"My dear compatriot:

Many of the forum members see us as inferior, while we lost much, they spoke well of the Pumas, now that games are more evenly matched and we are very close to win and they don't like so much, that's hypocrisy ... and arbitration seems to follow this rule".

Thank very much Conrad, that is (only) my opinion, I hope the nexts games change the mantality of the referee...

This is for you...

"Sorry but there is a reality. You can't tolerate losing to a team considered inferior..."

"My dear compatriot:

Many of the forum members see us as inferior, while we lost much, they spoke well of the Pumas, now that games are more evenly matched and we are very close to win and they don't like so much, that's hypocrisy ... and arbitration seems to follow this rule".

Thanks man, don´t forget that we speak spanish, it´s will be goog you learn it

Australia aren't inferior to Argentina, I'm afraid that is the uncomfortable reality. Right now, the two teams are about the same level. Argentina should expect to win their home game against them.

I don't think I am asking for too much, this Wallabies match (unlike others in this tournament) was absolutely winnable for us. All the conditions were on our favour to be honest. God damn, even the weather was in our favour once again and we couldn't pull out a win. Seriously, when we're going to have another chance like this to beat them? This must be the worst Wallabie team in years for sure... and even though they're still a strong side I don't think they are the number 4 team in the world. Right now they're playing like 6-7.
Every time you play them? Australia don't match up well against Argentina's forwards-based approach. They struggle with Italy too.

if not understand use google translate..... no puedo creer lo que lei

Bueno mi estimado compatriota, muchos de los foristas nos ven como inferiores, mientras perdiamos por mucho hablaban bien de Los Pumas, ahora que los partidos son mas parejos y estamos muy cerca de ganarlos ya no les gusta tanto, eso es hipocresia...y el arbitraje parece seguir esta regla...
If translated accurately, I think that's an unfair post. It's suggestive of a conspiracy theory lol.

Last edited:

Latest posts