• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2011 CC-What's Happening?

Seaton

First XV
Club or Nation
Sharks
Okay, so anyone not sleeping under a rock for the last 3 years and has an interest in rugby should know that the S14 is changing to the S15 next year. So, what will this mean to the Currie Cup, as the S15 will end only several games into the usual CC season.

Of course the CC is going to continue, I'm nae ignorant, but I don't know what is happening. Is it going to start later (Highly improbable, with the Boks needed for finals for broadcasting purposes). Are the games between the current SA S14 franchises in the S15 count towards the CC, thus avoiding the need for these fixtures a-new in the CC (this is the one I heard about, not sure where from though)
Or will SARU expect the S15 franchises to compete with u-21 teams until the S15 ends, or etc...

So, if anyone has a clue what is happening in these regards, please do post

46 views and not a single person (assuming that all views were from different people) knows whats plotting?

Well then, for the New Zealanders, whats happening with the ITM Cup?

Well,

The Currie Cup will start in july, the Super 15 will end in august. It will only be a handful of matches of which the first teams cannot play. Griquas will miss only a couple of players to the Vodacom Cheetahs so for them it might be a big, big advantage. Will this mean a shift in powers? Will the Griquas finally make it to the play-offs again?

What worries me is the years to come. Next year there won't be any June Tests because of the World Cup but what about 2012 onwards? Test rugby in the middle of a Super15 competition? How will that work? Will that affect teams the way it has done Currie Cup and ITM Cup rugby in the past?

That would mean that the decisive phase of Super15 Rugby (towards the play-offs) will be played without the players included in the national squads.

It feels to me as if the whole s15 concept was designed by people who don't watch it or play it. . . It's slowly taking over the world. . .

Rory Lawson is back in training for Scotland, after passing a pressure test on his previously broken hand

He should start (scrum-half) if Mike Blair isn't fit, he will make bench if he is.

Latest posts