• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Coca Cola Crawenweek- 2011

Seaton

First XV
Club or Nation
Sharks
Yes, its that time of year again, where we get to watch the cream of South African school rugby players in action for their respective provinces.
The tournament is usually dominated by the likes of Western Province and Free State, however the format of the tournament means that a single loss by either of these teams can result in them missing out in the chance to be in the final.

Some of the smaller unions like Boland also tend to do much better than their senior counterparts, as they are yet to be depleted/ robbed (depending on which side your on) of their talent. With the junior ranks of Namibia and Zimbabwe participating, its always an exciting tournament, with skills on displaying that leave you wondering why some of these school boys are yet to have played Super rugby.

And you may yet see a future star of different sports codes in this tournament, with the likes of Herschell Gibbs and the late Hansie Cronje having once played in this prestigeous rugby tournament.

Mon the Natal XV. This is our year!

This is probably the first year where I don't know a single player.. all part of getting older I guess. This is where you really see what's going on in SA rugby IMO.

For those who never saw, KZN beat WP 23-21, with the latter missing a 50-metre penalty at the death.

Yaaassssss!!!!!!!

This could be Natal's year B)

Some interesting results as well, Namibia and Zimbabwe doing surprisingly well in Kimberely

And a player who in my eyes is destined to fail before he has started...

Andries Swanepoel

Last edited:

Latest posts