• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Why the argentinians are so competitive in so many sports?

Superalexmarket

Bench Player
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Duendes
For example; they have top ten teams in the following sports: Football (FIFA N°3, two times world champions and the three times best player of the world Lionel Messi) .Basketball (FIBA N°3 and Olimpic Gold Medal in 2004). Rugby(IRB N°6). Hockey(Last world champion and Silver Medal in London 2012 female team, and the best player of the world Luciana Aymar) Tennis (Del Potro N°8, US Open winner in 2009, and Argentine team runner up in Davis Cup 2011) Volleyball (FIVB N°9) Polo (best team and players of the world, for far,and best player of all times: Adolfo Cambiasso) and etc, etc...

Last edited:
54830-random-picture-thread-%2Akeep-sfw-%2A-also-videos-pictures-too-kelso-burn-jpg

It is a fair point though. Argentina's record at the Olympics is pretty poor (granted many other of their achievements are excellent). The whole argument is stupid though. Any person, from any country can come up with some bullshit reasons as to why they are better than another country at sport. In New Zealand we think we're all that because we win a lot of medals per capita. In Equatorial Guinea they probably think they're all that because they win a lot of medals per GDP. I find the whole "my country is better than yours" to be a childish debate. I have far better things to do than to aggregate our sporting achievements and compare it to other countries throughout the world. I just prefer to celebrate every success individually and leave the pointless, inane, over nationalistic chest beating to others.

Adolfo Cambiaso is one of my sporting idols.

On a side note, I think your "Argentina is the best" nationalistic type of threads/posts are a few too many by now.

I'm not saying "Argentina is the best", I'm just trying to show some of the best athletes from Argentina who achieve great results worldwide with little or no government support and much effort.

I'm not saying "Argentina is the best", I'm just trying to show some of the best athletes from Argentina who achieve great results worldwide with little or no government support and much effort.

None of those sports need government funding as those sports seen in the pictures gets a lot more money from sponsorship deals and the tournaments involved in that sport.

As you show those pics, nearly every other country in the rugby playing world will be able to show as many or more athletes.

****, Even South Africa will be able to show more stars than what you posted...

This is a really pointless thread you could do the same for any country.

a la:

katie-Taylor.jpg
article-1176393-048E3E77000005DC-649_468x416.jpg
WARNING!!!! CONTROVERSY!!!! :p
A-beaming-Rory-McIlroy-sh-008.jpg

So better luck next time.

Padraig-Harrington.jpg

Edit: Why are my pictures so small. :(

In some cases there is not even supported by the sponsors in the beginning, only when they get good results. By the way... who star are you able to show (not rugby players) Pistorius?...
:lol:

To be fair Ireland punches far above its weight in terms of population. Also with a population of 40 million you're gonna be good at sport (typically)

Latest posts