• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Which team is going to have the first sold out game>

J

JaFa 01

Which Air New Zealand cup team do you think will have the first sold out of the 2009 season?

I reckon the first up Ranfurly Shield challenge for the Wellington Lions against Otago will have a good crowd.

Make sure you get there.

Children are free :D

Went to the game last night it was an ok crowd but nothing spectacular and yep took all my brothers million kids it's not often anythings for free.

hawkes bay had a pretty good crowd in today didn't see too many empty seats and I am sure if they keep winning and playing like they do should have good crowds all season. The presence of dan carter will boost the canterbury crowds depending on how many home games he gets to play before the selectors call him back up to the abs. other than that not sure some of the shield games might get good crowds and then it will be down to the semis and final where I think the big crowds will be.

For some reason Air New Zealand Cups way more important to me than the Tri-Nations and Bledisloe now I don't know why maybe it's probably because alot of players play their hearts out for the regular season only to get pushed aside by our All Blacks in the finals which just ****** me off.

Anyway back to the topic I'm not sure if we'll see a sold out match in the regular season maybe only in the Semi's or Wellington Lions vs Canterbury again in the final lol nah just being cheeky but yeah numbers look better than last season already I reckon.

What's with attendances in the SH? SA v NZ wasn't even a sell-out last week! I couldn't believe that.

I think the prices for tickets might have alot to do with it because I was gonna go to the All Blacks vs Wallabies in Wellyz but the decent seats were $100-120 each so it's just not worth that much when I can stay home and get someone telling me play by play, stay warm, have a feed, rewind it if I miss something and not have to fork out anything.

Probably the same in South Africa I don't know it's really hard to afford to go to games these days I heard the Lions tour tickets were equivalent to $500nz I'm not really sure how much that is in South African money but it can't be that cheap.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Aug 1 2009, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What's with attendances in the SH? SA v NZ wasn't even a sell-out last week! I couldn't believe that.[/b]
Well, in the Air NZ Cup it is because the best players aren't playing.

I think in the tri nations the fact is we play South Africa and Australia so much people get bored of it. The games are not special anymore. We should only host Australia and South Africa once a season.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (William18 @ Aug 1 2009, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Aug 1 2009, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What's with attendances in the SH? SA v NZ wasn't even a sell-out last week! I couldn't believe that.[/b]

I think in the tri nations the fact is we play South Africa and Australia so much people get bored of it. The games are not special anymore. We should only host Australia and South Africa once a season.
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, I've always found the 6 Nations to be just that extra bit special because we only play each team once a season (not counting World Cups and World Cup warm ups), it just adds an extra edge for the spectator. Not saying that Tri-Nations rugby is worse thean 6 Nations rugby (lets please not get into that arguement again :p ) but the tournament structure is a bit better imo. I guess it'd be better when SANZAR can add teams like Argentina into the tournament.

But yeah, back on topic, whats the general capacity of the Air New Zealand Cup teams? I mean Neath RFC (on of the Semi-Pro sides that make up the Ospreys region) have a ground with a capacity of 6,000, and tend to get a good turn out there. Cardiff RFC don't get a bad turn out at the Arms Park either (roughly 16,000). Was just wondering how they compare really, though the ANZ Cup teams are fully proffesional right?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Aug 2 2009, 01:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (William18 @ Aug 1 2009, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Aug 1 2009, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Yeah, I've always found the 6 Nations to be just that extra bit special because we only play each team once a season (not counting World Cups and World Cup warm ups), it just adds an extra edge for the spectator. Not saying that Tri-Nations rugby is worse thean 6 Nations rugby (lets please not get into that arguement again :p ) but the tournament structure is a bit better imo. I guess it'd be better when SANZAR can add teams like Argentina into the tournament.

But yeah, back on topic, whats the general capacity of the Air New Zealand Cup teams? I mean Neath RFC (on of the Semi-Pro sides that make up the Ospreys region) have a ground with a capacity of 6,000, and tend to get a good turn out there. Cardiff RFC don't get a bad turn out at the Arms Park either (roughly 16,000). Was just wondering how they compare really, though the ANZ Cup teams are fully proffesional right?
[/b][/quote]

Yes, they are fully professional. Some of them turn over pretty small profits and are barely viable, hence why the number of teams has been cut back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Air_New_Zealand_Cup If you scroll down a bit there you get the average attendances for last season.

Here are the crowd capacities:

Bay of Plenty Bay Park Stadium 19,800
Rotorua International Stadium 34,000
Canterbury AMI Stadium 36,0001
Counties Manukau Growers Stadium 12,0002
Hawke's Bay McLean Park 16,500
Manawatu FMG Stadium 18,000
North Harbour North Harbour Stadium 25,000
Northland Okara Park 25,000
Kerikeri Domain 10,0002
Otago Carisbrook 29,000
Southland Rugby Park Stadium 17,000
Taranaki Yarrow Stadium 25,000
Tasman Lansdowne Park 15,000
Trafalagar Park 16,000
Waikato Waikato Stadium 25,800
Wellington Westpac Stadium 34,500
Auckland Eden Park 45,4721

Wellington averaged the highest attendance at only 11,500 people damn that's crap compared to before the Rugby World Cup. I thought it might of been more than that but that's just terrible what has happened to the interest?

I think it's all the **** rugby that's been played. Plus the New Zealand rugby public are a bunch of dickheads.

The only reason Wellington would have been averaging the most is because they were playing the best, most attractive rugby last year. If they have crap season, what are the chances of their attendance levels being that high again this year?

Whoever is playing the best rugby is likely to draw in the biggest crowds. It's sad but true, and unfortunately it says a lot about rugby fans in this country.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jawmalawm24 @ Aug 2 2009, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Wellington averaged the highest attendance at only 11,500 people damn that's crap compared to before the Rugby World Cup. I thought it might of been more than that but that's just terrible what has happened to the interest?[/b]
I don't know about other people, TBH. Personally I love it, so much rugby to watch and lots of upsets. I think it's a great competition.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Aug 4 2009, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Flux @ Aug 1 2009, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hawke's Bay.[/b]

True that.

Their ass-raping of Auckland was magnificent. They got some good signings as well (Thomas Waldrom).
[/b][/quote]You took our tank engine :( ya ********. Nah just kidding but damn he's good and if it weren't for Rodders coming back every now and then he'd probably still be playing for us.

Latest posts