• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Which is the strongest squad that can present Wallabies?

Jaguares

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Argentina
One of the strongest teams in Rugby World, Australia, suffered a major crisis is not new, this comes from 2011 when they won the Tri Nations for the last time, they would never be a feared team.

There is a short term solution? They can go back to being the team they were always feared? They have players like to overcome this situation?

Assuming that Aussies aren't have any injured player (David Pocock), without any player disqualified, either by playing overseas (Matt Gitteau) or for other reasons (Henry Speight).

Which is the strongest squad that can present Aussies?

For me:

1 Benn Robinson
2 Stephen Moore
3 Ben Alexander
4 Sitaleki Timani
5 James Horwill
6 Michael Hooper
7 David Pocock
8 Scott Higginbotham
9 Will Genia
10 Quade Cooper
11 Digby Ioane
12 Christian Leali'ifano
13 Adam Ashley Cooper
14 Henry Speight
15 Israel Folau

16. Tatafu Polota-Nau
17. Scott Sio
18. Sekope Kepu
19. Kane Douglas
20. Ben Mowen
21. Nic White
22. James O'Connor
23. Kurtley Beale

We all know that the first row of the Wallabies package is the weakest part of the forwards, I think there is no solution to this, so if I the coach would put the first row that have more games.

Since retiring Nathan Sharpe, Aussies couldn't find a partner to James Horwill, I would put the team's strongest player, Sitaleki Timani, as it's a very lightweight package of forwards and Timani can bring a lot of weight (120 kg). In the third row, I would put the two best "fishermen" that have the team, two very similar players, David Pocock and Michael Hooper and as Number 8 I would make a strong player to add strength to this package again: Scott Higginbotham is my chosen

As 9 and 10, I would put the last couple that was successful (3 Nations 2011): Will Genia and Quade Cooper.

At number 12 I choose to Leali'ifano because although he has not dazzled, has been an effective kicker, something that's very important in high-level rugby and something that's been a problem for Aussies in the last years (Remember when they not found a reliable kicker and changed kicker every game: Quade Cooper, O'Connor, etc.)

Number 13: Adam Ashley Cooper, is a player who can make a difference at any time, also has a lot of experience, many games played.

Wingers: Digby Ioane and Henry Speight, one of the most amazing wingers that had the Super Rugby this year, he would be a great help to this team, no doubt.

And Israel Folau, one of the best Aussies players in the Rugby Championship 2013.

Last edited:
I don't know about O'Connor - he's been stood down due to his off-pitch antics and I'm not sure he'll get his act together to be called up for the Wallabies anytime soon. He reminds me of a young starlet who can't handle fame and ends up self-destructing (a la Lindsey Lohan, et al).

das

1. Benn Robbinson
2. Stephen Moore
3. James Slipper
4. Sitaleki Timani
5. James Horwill
6. Micheal Hooper
7. David Pocock
8. Scott Higginbotham (missed him the most, one of there only fowards who consistently gets over the game line and acts as an enforcer)
9. Will Genia
10. Quade Cooper
11. Digby Ioane
12. Christian Lealiafano
13. Adam ashlee cooper
14. Israel falou
15. Kurtley beale

16. Tatafu polota nau
17. Scott sio
18. Sekope kepu
19. Kane douglas
20. Ben mowen
21. Nic white
22. Tevita Kirrundrani (kurtley and christian can cover 10)
23. Henry speight

1. Benn Robbinson
2. Stephen Moore
3. James Slipper
4. Sitaleki Timani
5. James Horwill
6. Micheal Hooper
7. David Pocock
8. Scott Higginbotham (missed him the most, one of there only fowards who consistently gets over the game line and acts as an enforcer)
9. Will Genia
10. Quade Cooper
11. Digby Ioane
12. Christian Lealiafano
13. Adam ashlee cooper
14. Israel falou
15. Kurtley beale

16. Tatafu polota nau
17. Scott sio
18. Sekope kepu
19. Kane douglas
20. Ben mowen
21. Nic white
22. Tevita Kirrundrani (kurtley and christian can cover 10)
23. Henry speight

Digby Ioane!!!!!!! You're right, buddy! I completely forgot, Digby is better wing than JOC who is more complete but I prefer Digby as wing, more power.

I can see that you liked my team, your team is very similar to mine. Pocock and Hooper together, Higginbotham like number 8, Genia and QC...

Last edited:
Digby Ioane!!!!!!! You're right, buddy! I completely forgot, Digby is better wing than JOC who is more complete but I prefer Digby as wing, more power.

I can see that you liked my team, your team is very similar to mine. Pocock and Hooper together, Higginbotham like number 8, Genia and QC...

your not wrong mate, i do like your team! The wallabies need all the power they can get at the moment, they need to utilisie timani, pocock, higginbotham, ioane, polota nau, douglas and kirrundrani. there getting bullied currently

Latest posts