• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What would be Your 31 man Squad and Starting 15 for Your country in the Rugby World Cup 2019 guys

1. Rob Evans
2. Ken Owens
3. Samson Lee
4. Cory Hill
5. AWJ
6. Ross Moriarty
7. Sam Warburton
8. Taulupe Faletau
9. Gareth Davies
10. Rhys Patchell
11. Steff Evans
12. Hadleigh Parkes
13. Jonathan Davies
14. Josh Adams
15. Hallam Amos

16. Wyn Jones
17. Elliot Dee
18. Dillon Lewis
19. Seb Davies
20. Aaron Shingler
21. Tomos Williams
22. Gareth Anscombe
23. Liam Williams

24. Aaron Jarvis
25. Ryan Elias
26. Jake Ball
27. Josh Navidi
28. James Davies
29. Aled Davies
30. Scott Williams
31. Leigh Halfpenny

Was extremely tough and can't believe I left North out of a 31. Also feel for Watkin, Jenkins and Beard but I felt that there is currently players with around the same amount of ability but with more experience (Williams, Navidi & Ball).

Also I went with the dual cover of Jarvis in an effort to take more back rowers but would depend on his season at the Dragons.

You've also left Tipuric out of the 31! I know Navidi offers more versatility with his ability to slot in at 6,7 & 8, but he misses out for me for 3 of Tips, Warns, Cubby & Elis Jenkins.

Good shout on Jarvis, he could be in with a great shout to cover both sides of the scrum. Personally I'd have Smith ahead of Wyn Jones. His scrummaging seems strong again, whilst his work in the loose and over the ball is superior.

Maybe North goes at the expense of Halfpenny with Liam, Amos and Adams all able to play fullback? North will need to show some form at the Ospreys to justify it though.

Wouldn't be surprised if Watkin overtakes Scott Williams this season either. I like Scott, flashes of brilliance, but he's just not consistent enough.

Do we need a third 10 in the squad, or does Parkes provide emergency cover?

You've also left Tipuric out of the 31! I know Navidi offers more versatility with his ability to slot in at 6,7 & 8, but he misses out for me for 3 of Tips, Warns, Cubby & Elis Jenkins.

Good shout on Jarvis, he could be in with a great shout to cover both sides of the scrum. Personally I'd have Smith ahead of Wyn Jones. His scrummaging seems strong again, whilst his work in the loose and over the ball is superior.

Maybe North goes at the expense of Halfpenny with Liam, Amos and Adams all able to play fullback? North will need to show some form at the Ospreys to justify it though.

Wouldn't be surprised if Watkin overtakes Scott Williams this season either. I like Scott, flashes of brilliance, but he's just not consistent enough.

Do we need a third 10 in the squad, or does Parkes provide emergency cover?

Good shout about North over Halfpenny due to the coverage at fb. Agreed that he needs to have a pretty good season at the Ospreys to make that happen though. Feel a little concerned for the Ospreys next season too, a lot depends on whether Sam Davies can reach somewhere near the potential I think he has.

Hope your right about Watkin, had a decent summer tour and needs to be at that level or better moving forward. He looks to capable of doing so.

About the 10's, for me although there is some capable players out there (Owain Williams, Biggar though you know what you will get with him, Preistland, Jarrod Evans, Sam Davies if he steps up), currently I don't see anyone that could offer enough more than Hadleigh to justify the selection when you can only take 31. Hadleigh also has the benefit of being a Scarlet, whom will in all probability provide the majority of the backs.

What a big miss Warbs will be for Wales next year. Both at the breakdown and his leadership qualities. Lydiate done now for Wales?

England:
1. Vunipola
2. George
3. Williams
4. Launchbury
5. Itoje
6. Underhill
7. Curry, B
8. Vunipola
9. Youngs
10. Ford
11. Daly
12. Farrell
13. Joseph
14. Watson
15. Brown

16. LCD
17. Genge
18. Sinckler
19. Lawes
20. Simmonds
21. Care
22. Te'o
23. Nowell

24. Hartley
25. Cole
26. Kruis
27. Robshaw
28. Hughes
29. Lozowski
30. Slade
31. May

I suspect Jones wilol go with:

1. Mako
2. Hartley - for his leadership if nothing else and George didn't do enough on the SA tour
3. Cole - return to him to start and play for 50 and Sinckler to finish for the final half hour.
4. Itoje
5. Kruis - still the best locking partner for Maro imo.
6. Shields
7. Underhill
8. Billy Vunipola
9. Youngs
10. Ford
11. Daly
12. Farrelll
13. Joseph
14. Watson
15. Brown

16. George
17. Marler
18. Sinckler
19. Lawes
20. Tom Curry
21. Care
22. Te'o
23. Nowell

24. LCD
25. Williams
26. Launchbury
27. Robshaw
28. Robson
29. Slade
30. Cipriani
31. May

Maybe Tuiliagi, but just can't rely on him any more. Haskell is another one - between him and Robshaw. But time to phase one or both out.

What would be Your 31 man Squad and Starting 15 for Your country in the Rugby World Cup 2019 guys :)
England squad if fit and firing (fingers crossed)

STARTERS:
1 MAKO
2 HARTLEY
3 WILLIAMS
4 LAWES
5 ITOJE
6 SHIELDS
7 CURRY
8 BILLY
9 YOUNGS
10 FARRELL
11 COKANASIGA
12 SLADE
13 TUILAGI
14 MAY
15 DALY

FINISHERS:
16 OBANO
17 GEORGE
18 COLE
19 LAUNCHBURY
20 SIMMONDS
21 ROBSON
22 CIPS

REMAINING SQUAD:

MOON
KRUIS
UNDERHILL
ARMAND
LOZOWSKI
JOSEPH
TEO
BROWN
WATSON

Match day 23
Its a tough one actually....locks are a dilemma...front row...back row...centres....
Jeez we're in trouble for this World Cup.

1 Mako
2 George
3 Williams
4 Lawes
5 Calum Green ;) - Actually I generally don't know who I would partner Lawes with...we are missing a genuine Bruiser, wheres our Retallick
6 Mercer
7 Underhill / Curry / (Possibly Simmonds an option)
8 Billy V

9 Young
10 Farrell
11 May
12 Williams
13 Slade
14 Watson
15 Daly

16 Hepburn? Moon? Will Obano be back playing?? Its all very Meh!!
17 LCD
18 Sinkler
19 Lock Replacement...just unsure
20 Underhill / Curry / (Possibly Simmonds an option)
21 Care / Robson
22 Manu
23 Nowell

01 Rob Evans
02 Ken Owens
03 Samson Lee
04 Jake Ball
05 AWJ
06 Aaron Shingler
07 James Davies
08 Taulupe Faletau

09 Gareth Davies
10 Rhys Patchell
11 Steff Evans
12 Hadleigh Parkes
13 Jon Davies
14 George North
15 Liam Williams

16 Elliot Dee
17 Nicky Smith
18 Leon Brown
19 Seb Davies
20 Justin Tipuric
21 Tomos Williams
22 Gareth Anscombe
23 Halam Amos

24 Ryan Elias
25 Tomos Francis
26 Cory Hill
27 Sam Warburton
28 Ross Moriarty
29 Owen Williams
30 Owen Watkin
31 Leigh Halfpenny

Others: Wyn Jones, Dillon Lewis, Dacey, Bradley Davies, Adam Beard, Navidi, Ellis Jenkins, Olly Griffiths, Aled Davies, Dan Biggar, Scott Williams, Tyler Morgan, Josh Adams, Keelan Giles.

Wales update:

01 Rob Evans
02 Ken Owens
03 Samson Lee
04 Cory Hill
05 AWJ
06 Ross Moriarty
07 Justin Tipuric
08 Taulupe Faletau

09 Gareth Davies
10 Rhys Patchell
11 Liam Williams
12 Hadleigh Parkes
13 Jon Davies
14 George North
15 Leigh Halfpenny

16 Elliot Dee
17 Nicky Smith
18 Tomos Francis
19 Jake Ball
20 James Davies
21 Tomos Williams
22 Gareth Anscombe
23 Josh Adams

24 Ryan Elias
25 Dillon Lewis
26 Seb Davies
27 Ellis Jenkins
28 Aled Davies
29 Jarrod Evans
30 Scott Williams
31 Steff Evans

1 Healy
2 Best (C)
3 Furlong
4 James Ryan
5 Beirne
6 O'Mahony
7 Leavy
8 Stander

9 Murray
10 Sexton
11 Stockdale
12 Henshaw
13 Ringrose
14 Earls
15 R Kearney

16 S Cronin
17 J McGrath
18 Porter
19 Henderson
20 O'Brien
21 Cooney
22 Carbery
23 Addison

24 John Ryan
25 N Scannell
26 Toner
27 Murphy
28 Marmion
29 R Byrne
30 Aki
31 Larmour

I've seen a lot of people thinking we may take just the two 10s and use Cooney as third-choice, but I think with the versatility given by Addison (can cover 11-15, the ideal #23) we'll bring Byrne along to allow us to rest Sexton entirely against the tier 2 nations.

Other talking points:
  • I appreciate no Larmour in the 23 seems crazy. However I really think Addison will have that 23 shirt nailed down as it's so handy him being able to cover both centre and the back 3. Depending on form Larmour could easily find himself starting - I think if all are fit it will end up Larmour vs Stockdale for the 11 shirt, as fielding both inexperienced wingers against the likes of NZ may just be a bit too risky. Both have an enormous future with Ireland though.
  • The options in the back row are just ridiculously strong. Conan and Ruddock would make most other nations' squads, but leaving out van der Flier in particular seems so harsh. It will come down to form at the time - vdF could very easily have established himself as Ireland's first choice 7 by then. Just feel if the starting line-up come RWC is the same as it was during the 6N, Murphy and O'Brien offer greater versatility in a small squad. Could well bring 6 back rows and drop a back.

Not been into Rugby that long so still learning some of the ropes for England I think Jones will go for (not my preferred team tbh)

1. Mako Vunipola
2. Dylan Hartley
3. Dan Cole
4. Maro Itoje
5. Joe Launchbury
6. Chris Robshaw
7. Tom Curry
8. Billy Vunipola

9. Ben Youngs
10. Owen Farrell
11. Jonny May
12. Manu Tuilagi
13. Elliott Daly
14. Chris Ashton
15. Mike Brown

16. Ellis Genge
17. Kyle Sinkler
18. Jamie George
19. Courtney Lawes
20. Sam Underhill
21. Danny Care
22. Henry Slade
23. Jack Nowell

Harry Williams
George Kruis
Brad Shields
Nathan Hughes
Dan Robson
George Ford
Ben Te'o
Anthony Watson

Attempt 3

15. Kearney
14. Earls
13. Ringrose
12. Henshaw
11. Stockdale
10. Sexton
9. Murray

1. Healy
2. Scannell (maybe Best)
3. Furlong
4. Toner
5. Ryan
6. POM
7. J Vdf
8. Stander

16. Cronin
17. J McGrath
18. Porter
19. Henderson
20. Leavy/SOB
21. Marmion
22. Carbery
23. Larmour

As a squad

Props: Healy, McGrath, Furlong, Porter, Ryan/Bealham (depending on form)
Hookers: Scannell, Cronin, Best/Herring
Locks: Ryan, Toner, Henderson, Beirne
Back row: O'Mahony, Van Der Flier, Leavy, SOB (a certainty for his versatility even if he never finds his form again), Stander

Halfbacks: Murray, Marmion, McGrath, Sexton, Carbery, Byrne
Centre: Aki, Henshaw, Ringrose
Back 3: Stockdale, Kearney, Earls, Larmour, Addison

A list of players that'll start the QF when all of the above players inevitably get injured: Kilcoyne, Tracy, Bealham, Kleyn/Roux, Ruddock, J Murphy, Conan, Cooney, McCloskey, C Farrell, Conway.

No idea who'd be captain of Best is gone. POM/Sexton aren't good at talking to refs. Maybe Murray? Or we could just skip to the point and give it to James Ryan.

Can't wait to decide that this is wrong and do it again in a few months. ;):D

this would be my starting 15. not sure about wider squad
1. Mako Vunipola
2. Hartley
3. Sinckler
4. Itoje
5. Lawes
6. Tom Curry
7. Sam Underhill
8. Billy V
9. Youngs
10. Farrell