• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

Caught first episode of new Frasier on flight to Japan - wasn't impressed.

Just finished House of the Dragon S2

I don't get the hate for the season tbh, it's not as good as S1 but it's still very very good TV - the people comparing it to S7/8 of GoT are mad

Do agree that, while this was a good episode, it wasn't a great finale - feel like the season needed to be 10 episodes if they were going to move so slowly with it

It was the final episode that did it for me. Yes, it should have been longer season - didn't they learn from s8 of GOT?. I mean we waited so long for this big battle/war and we have to wait another season for it. It just ended on a bit of a damp squib.

And WTF happened to Otto? He left as hand and now he's ended up locked up somewhere.

Read that they are only making 4 seasons, so maybe they are just stretching it all out.

While HOTD is pretty good, parts of it do drive me crazy. Alicent and Rhaenyra are both very well acted, but Jesus Christ let the women be a bit evil. I get it they want to add depth to the characters and make them more sympathetic, but that point has been driven beyond home. I think the showrunners way overestimate how interesting people find the Rhaenyra and Alicent dynamic that they entirely made up. Maybe they get there eventually, but the whole point of the book is that this pointless war twists nearly everyone into a vengeful monster.

This season just built and built into precisely nothing, there was no climax and its as a result of HBO being cheap and cutting this to an 8 episode season where in a normal GOT season Ep 9 would be a huge battle and Ep 10 building the next season. Left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth as we got 20 minutes of slapstick Lannister mud wrestling. With that said though I think they easily could have made a better season in 8 episodes.

Certainly not S8 bad, but a really forgettable season with way too much fluff. Praying that Dunk and Egg is a bit better as those stories are in my opinion the single best thing GRRM has written. I would highly recommend the audiobook narrated by Harry Lloyd (Played Viserys in S1), he is fantastic.

I'm going through a bit of a stint of sports documentaries atm, I'm currently on Tour de France: Unchained which is really good although slightly let down by the dubbing. Should have just left the original voices with subtitles to really capture the emotion.

I enjoyed it. Has Steven King vibes about it.
I'm not a big fan of Steven King tbh,but I agree with you about these vibes and also enjoyed it. For me it had a taste of "Lost" (that is not a surprise I guess :D ) and also weirdly it reminded me an old Soviet movie for children "Tale about the Lost Time", although that old movie was not a horror but some scenes gave me absolutely the same vibe (there was a "magical forest" with "bad magicians" who were travelling through trees), here's one scene from this film for example:
251031-skazka-o-poteryannom-vremeni_0.jpg

But first of all it's a horror "Lost" version... I really hope they won't do the same with its' scenario this time

Thanks for the recommendation.

Was that Black Francis singing Que Sera?
Do you mean the cover? Yeah, and this version is very catchy isn't it

Thanks for the recommendation
I'm glad to recommend something interesting, I'm also checking in Internet for others' recommendations. From western tv series can also recommend "Dark matter" , that one was also pretty good

Last edited:

Latest posts