• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What book are you currently reading?

All of Raymond Chandler's novels are excellent, IMHO. I just finished this one that he wrote in 1959.

1695963611333.png

Just finished the audiobook of Colditz by Ben Macintyre, great insight into what went on there. Douglas Bader was a bit of an enigma, does lots of charitable work but comes across as a thoroughly unpleasant individual.

My favourite book I can't tell you

Here's a clue for everyone:

Born in 1945.

Owns a ton of property in London and Brighton.

Several documentaries about him.

Accused of setting up a murder in 2002 - jailed and freed a year later.

Pick up these books:-

By Oliver Shah - Damaged Goods - The Inside Story of Sir Philip Green, the Collaspe of BHS and the Death of the High Street.

By Simon Jordan - Be Careful What You Wish For.

By Mikey Carroll - Careful What You Wish For (Lottery book)

(Shoulder still hurts)

Storm Watch by C.J. Box (A Joe Pickett novel)

Great book! It's the third book that I've read in the Joe Pickett series and I really enjoyed it.

Press Reset by Jason Schreier.

It's a book following the lives of game developers and what they have to deal with. The industry treat their staff quite badly and it shows in this book. So many people work very hard on a game only to be given the boot days later due to sales not meeting expectations of publishers - who's expectations are usually absurd to begin with. It's a really interesting read and tough at times as you see some good people hurt. The industry really does need to press reset to it's culture.

The Joe Pickett series by C.J. Box is great. This was the fourth book in the series that I've read so far. Fortunately there are 20 more (and counting) to read.

1698861395628.png

In Plain Sight (Joe Pickett series) by C.J. Box.

I really enjoy this series!

Where the crawdads sing. It was recommended at work so giving it a go.

I just finished another novel in the Joe Pickett series by C.J. Box. This one is called Wolf Pack and it's excellent. Just like the previous books I've read by Box. I'm glad there's still 18 more in the series, because I hope to read them all. And he's still writing them so I'll have even more of them to look forward to.

"Captains of the Sands" by Jorge Amado. Heard a lot about this book of course, and finally found a time to read it. I was reading before only "Dona Flor and Her Two Husbands" by the same author, but it was a long time ago.

Great book! Definitely recommend it to everyone,also plan to read other novels written by Amado. Reminds me a bit of an old Soviet novel "The Republic of ShKID" (that I read when I was a child and still love it, although it was written in 1926), and I can also recommend this novel.

Well not a book per Se, rather went to my local library and registered for their press reader app which gives free access to the likes of online paper version of the likes of the Guardian, independent, daily telegraph, the Economist, Empire, T3 magazines and other newspapers and magazines from around the world.

Well worth a look.

I'm addicted to the Joe Pickett series by C.J. Box. Just finished this one and it was great. 👍

1708546224785.png