• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

We Need To Talk About Wasps

So the Times reporting that London Irish could be next.

Shouldn't your dons be hyper sensitive about things like this?
first and foremost we need the money to pay off our stadium debt. I think in a more general sense we happy to provide a home in the london area and considering they have moved around a bit already whilst keeping their brand (name, badge colours) its not quite the same as what we went through

Something for you all to get your teeth into. Sounds like we have some work to do for sure.

I guess they had to wait for a stadium to be approved before they can start signing players, because no stadium = no spot = no employment
A LOT to do before whenever the teams have to be submitted by, but it's definitely the off-season they could have wished for with just how many players are available atm

I guess they had to wait for a stadium to be approved before they can start signing players, because no stadium = no spot = no employment
A LOT to do before whenever the teams have to be submitted by, but it's definitely the off-season they could have wished for with just how many players are available atm
Yeah we have an opportunity still but the stadium issue has been the challenge.

As long as Wuss's issues rumble
On then we face more of a challenge. At some point if things with Atlas/Wuss aren't resolved then I could see is changing course

I've never understood how celebs get themselves in so much tax debt, surely the first thing you do when you've got a bit of cash is get a decent accountant
Thea stories are sometimes blown out of proportion. He might of known the bill was coming and is stalling or just trying to offset something.

I completely agree with your statement though. He's either inherited a lot or not thought he would make as much as he did and just not account for it. Mental really but it's all a good story for the scummy press.

Have the fit and proper person criteria become realistic recently?
Not sure, I think when the board for the club was put together, he clearly was seen as influential but decided to not be suitable to be on the board full time. Clearly the new board members decided they didnt want to upset the apple cart with the RFU.

I've never understood how celebs get themselves in so much tax debt, surely the first thing you do when you've got a bit of cash is get a decent accountant
For a tax bill that big he's had to have earned at least 2m in that financial year? Even I have an accountant and I earn considerably less than that

Unsurprising, but sad news

If Wasps (and Worcester) have to drop to tier 10 will they even bother to continue considering Wasps FC and Worcester RFC exist/will be higher in the league structure?

Very sad.
But yeh all the Wasps talk seemed like a lot of blowing hot air.

Worrying thing is I see Irish going the same way.

So wasps fc will play at higher level than wasps rfc. Will the professional arm still even bother?

Latest posts