• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

We Need To Talk About Wasps

i kind of wanted them to share with Wimbledon....because we need the rent money...but also might be able to see some rugby near by next time im in the UK

If, hypothetically, Wasps were to play in URC, how would national selection work? Physically still in England but playing in a non-English league. Would they be eligible for England selection or in some weird geographical limbo?

Players wouldn't be able to play for a new nation because residency would only make them eligible for England and those with dual nationality wouldn't be able to play for the 'grandparent' nation as the player is playing outside of the country.

So Wasps would be an ideal club for players with no desire for international recognition/ required ability.

Ineligible, I'd imagine, as the release agreement is between the RFU and PRL

Ineligible, I'd imagine, as the release agreement is between the RFU and PRL
They'd be eligible to play for England, but not in the EPS or having any dual contract - so they'd be essentially ruling themselves out, but technically not.
Of course, it'll never happen anyway, so purely hypothetical

Wasps ground sharing with a football club, what could possibly go wrong?
You would hope lessons have been learned, the area doesn't (to my knowledge) hold the same level of hostility and thuggery as some I've first hand experienced in cov.

Why do Wasps still think it's okay to start up in the second tier? To the bottom and work your way up like those that have gone before.

Charlton have a chequered history with Kent running the "valley express" busses that claimed places as far as Dover were their home, but were since shut down due to lack of interest. Fans of other clubs were not happy.

Last edited:
Why do Wasps still think it's okay to start up in the second tier? To the bottom and work your way up like those that have gone before.

Charlton have a chequered history with Kent running the "valley express" busses that claimed places as far as Dover were their home, but were since shut down due to lack of interest. Fans of other clubs were not happy.
Probably because the rfu have told them that.

Premiership is not RFU owned but the championship is. So getting those clubs back who have a big fan base in (wasps, London Irish and Worcester) into the championship would be a big boost to the RFU.

Although the fact that the RFU have massively reduced the championship funding kind of contradicts this.

So maybe I'll shut up.

Latest posts