• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wallabies squad for The Rugby Championship

fan-fkn-tastic:
http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3821_8841240,00.html

The 2012-13 Wallabies have got to be a Top 10 most injured (at least in the pro era) side, wouldn't you say ?...
seriously, it's fkn ridiculous. And I like the Aussie attitude A LOT from what I've seen: no complaining or nothing, was expecting a bunch of *****ing during the Lions Tour...

fan-fkn-tastic:
http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3821_8841240,00.html

The 2012-13 Wallabies have got to be a Top 10 most injured (at least in the pro era) side, wouldn't you say ?...
seriously, it's fkn ridiculous. And I like the Aussie attitude A LOT from what I've seen: no complaining or nothing, was expecting a bunch of *****ing during the Lions Tour...
Tbh they have used their quota of that for life.

When Ioane returns? Someone can answer me, please?

When Ioane returns? Someone can answer me, please?

I don't think the ARU have said, nor the Reds.

I'll be honest here, I have no clue how either Faingaa have made it, two of the worst Wallabies I have seen in a long time.
My backline: Genia, Cooper, O'Connor, Leali'ifano, Ashley-Cooper, Mogg, Folau; White, Harris, Cummins
Plenty of versatility in the backline (JOC 10, 11/14, 12, 15), Leali'ifano (10, 12), AAC (11/14, 13, 15), Mogg/Folau (11/14, 15) so bench can vary. Folau over Mogg at fullback due to his form being better, but that back three can easily rotate as needed. Foley would be a decent bench option, but Harris would offer more stability in the event of Cooper melting down.

Tbh they have used their quota of that for life.

yeah ?! I dunno, from my experience Aussies are very gathered...NZ is a small country, and the AB are the best team in the world (current and historical) so they live and die by the AB, that's normal for a 3million ppl nation.
Saffas are very proud, understandable too, they've had to fight for everything they've got.

Wallaby fans seem a LOT cooler, more relaxed. They don't seem to have this will to complete hegemony or make a gigantic deal out of one loss or two. And they "fart around" a whole lot !

I don't think the ARU have said, nor the Reds.

I'll be honest here, I have no clue how either Faingaa have made it, two of the worst Wallabies I have seen in a long time.
My backline: Genia, Cooper, O'Connor, Leali'ifano, Ashley-Cooper, Mogg, Folau; White, Harris, Cummins
Plenty of versatility in the backline (JOC 10, 11/14, 12, 15), Leali'ifano (10, 12), AAC (11/14, 13, 15), Mogg/Folau (11/14, 15) so bench can vary. Folau over Mogg at fullback due to his form being better, but that back three can easily rotate as needed. Foley would be a decent bench option, but Harris would offer more stability in the event of Cooper melting down.

Agree the Faingaa twins should stick to Super Rugby they're not international players. I think Mogg/Folau would be pretty much interchangeable at 14/15 maybe Folau back on defense to cover the highball and Mogg in attack as he probably has a better understanding of when and where to join the line. I'm really excited to see what Cooper can do to bring these guys in to play as with the Reds this season they're outside options have been lacking.

Folau has shown some very impressive attacking skills. I know it was the Kings, but his performance at fullback was masterful, he was everywhere he should be.
JOC at the back also offers a good boot. Forwards is a bit more difficult. No clue about the props, Moore at hooker. I'd say Horwill and Pyle in the second row, a backrow of Mowen, Hooper, and possibly Kimlin (bet the Brumbies wish they could keep him). Gill off the bench, maybe McCalman.

McCalman has been a disappointment. I thought he looked the business in 2010, but never really kicked on. Never been a big fan of Palu, maybe now they can really look for a replacement.

Has McKenzie named his staff yet?

Ioane will never play for Australia again. Remember he is moving to Paris.

Yeah but if he recovers before the end of TRC, he could say goodbye in this tournament as René Ranger with ABs. So I ask him how long is recovery...

Regards

Last edited:
Yeah but if he recovers before the end of TRC, he could say goodbye in this tournament as René Ranger with ABs. So I ask him how long is recovery...

Regards

Still no clue. By the time he is fit, Aus would probably have a somewhat established back three, so changing it up might not be worth it.

I think Slipper has to start as a scrummager he's much better than Alexander and you don't lose a lot around the park. Robinson dose the job but I think they'll take a look at Scott Sio who has been good for the Brumbies this season. Pyle to me seems like the best option to partner Horwill he dose a lot of carrying and is quite dynamnic along with being a good line-out player Douglas and Simons aren't really up to it IMO, Pyle might not be but give him ago he seems like he'd fit in with the atletic pack that the Aussies should/can pick. In the back-row I think Mowen has to fit in there for sure as he's a very good line-out caller along with his all round play being superb. I'm a big fan of Gil so I would pick him at 7 and I think McKenzie will too as hes been picking him since he was 18 or so. I'm not to sure who should fill the last spot not really impressed by Palu or any other 8/6's the only one who really comes to mind in Kimlin or Hooper at 6 as I think he fills that role rather well tbh hes a very good carrier while Mowen can do the graft.

Latest posts