• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales v Scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent win for Wales, and great stuff from Williams. Their forwards should have scored in the first minute, and they need to get tighter in the mauls. Jones really mucked up a ball at the base of one attacking scrum - not on.

Shanklin was patchy - using him too much for crash ball? Not sure about the new guy on the wing. Most interesting thing was the replacement of the half backs - I'd say that's going to get on the nerves of Wales supporters for the next couple of seasons.

Long way to go before the team settles, but they may overtake Ireland next season.

Scotland are dire. Although they do have one of the smartest players in the world.

Half-back will be an important selection for the Ireland game; we'll need our best pairing possible to combat O'Gara and Reddan. Which is why I feel, since the combinationhad a good run-out today, Gatland will pick Peel and Jones for Italy, to see how they cope starting a game.

A Few More Stats

<div align="center">
Errors_Made_WvS.png

</div>
<div align="center">
turnovers_WvS.png

From SAS Software Ltd
</div>

Nice pie charts + graphs.

The turnover count for Wales makes the score look timid.

Pie charts, no problem - but can someone please explain the first graph?
I'm not a bright boy...

Half-back will be an important selection for the Ireland game; we'll need our best pairing possible to combat O'Gara and Reddan. Which is why I feel, since the combinationhad a good run-out today, Gatland will pick Peel and Jones for Italy, to see how they cope starting a game. [/b]
I guess Hook/Peel and O'Gara/Stringer to start in the next matches.

RC - you mean the first pie-chart? Wales had 100% of the turnovers, a whopping 2!

Yes, clear and interesting.
That top graph tho...
[/b]

Well Matt

It shows the number of Errors from Both Sides every 10 mins and the score... at that period...

ie Scotland Made 3 Errors in the first 10 Mins and Wales Made 2 in the First 10 mins.

Anyone else think it was a bit cheeky that whenever Scotland scored you could hear Alive and Kicking over the tannoy? Gave the impression they'd just woken up to find themselves sealed in a coffin.

Whatsup,

Good win for Wales in the end. Cannot believe Scotland left Paterson (or Paterson's boot) on the bench for the French game. The guy just does not miss.

Does anybody know who got the official RBS Man of the Match? Was it Shane or Martyn Williams?

Are Wales supporters not slightly worried that their best backrow forward, by far and away, is a guy who had to be persuaded out of international retirement?

I've always considered Martyn Williams a massively talented and highly underated (by those outside Europe at least) player.

But where is the new talent to fill the number 7 jersey going to come from? I've heard a lot of talk about Sowden-Taylor, but on current form you couldn't possibly hope to dislodge Williams. He can't keep going forever though - could Wales not being in severe danger of being hit by his eventual retirement even harder next time around?

The irony is that that blurred photo makes it look like Shane's right foot is in touch.

Not that it was of course. Try.

<div class='quotemain'>
Decent win for Wales, and great stuff from Williams.
[/b]

And no doubt about that try.

Divots, my arse.

incontrovertible evidence.

The linesman was there. And there are no photographs of the incriminating bootmarks on the line.

Try.
[/b][/quote]

Huh, it clearly wasnt a try. After the game they showed a replay which showed Williams kicking up a big puff of chalk well before he grounded the ball, only arrogant people would or could say otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts