• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales v Scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Controversial try for wales. Williams foot was clearly in touch, poor call from the video ref

Well that is the most dubious decision so far in the Tournament... You can clearly see the foot cross the white wash and take a chunk of grass with it...

How the TMO has missed that...

Bad call by the TMO but still doesn't take anything away from William's run. If that foot was in the air...oooh...good drive by Scotland.

Poor call or not, Wales were in control the whole game and Scotland's defence had to break eventually.

Wales deserved it, Scotland didn't get into the Wales 22 in the second half until right at the end and we desperately need to come up with an alternative to Paterson's boot.

Congrats Wales

Ecellent appetizer, let's turn to the main dishes now !!!

Jamie Roberts had a decent debut, shame he couldn't top it off with a try. I'd pick him over Mark Jones for Italy now though.

Poor call or not, Wales were in control the whole game and Scotland's defence had to break eventually.

Wales deserved it, Scotland didn't get into the Wales 22 in the second half until right at the end and we desperately need to come up with an alternative to Paterson's boot. [/b]
Yeah your right to a degree. Up to that call (which was close, but a poor decision in the end) Scotland still had something to play for. Once that try was awarded though it was all over.

Wales did deserve it though, no doubt about it.

For a guy who can barely speak English im surprised he was the tmo. Shocking decision but Wales were by far the better team anyway, we rarely looked like scoring and for the second week in a row didnt score a try.Even although it was close with 20 to go we just didnt look like getting out of our half, also Danielli is a dipshit, just ran into Byrne at the end and the crappy forwards couldnt get over from half a yard.

Anyway i was VERY impressed by Wales in general they controlled the game, played in Scotlands territory like im sure Gatlan told them to do. I had my heart in mouth whenever they attacked and they constantly got over the gain line, ultimately the score flattered them a bit with all the late points. But i think its Wales for 2nd this season, best of luck to them and their brilliant fans.

One more thing, both anthems were sung in great spirit. Good to see :)

Watching this, its making me even more depressed about last weekend. This is like New Zealand watching the World Cup Semi-Final and wondering how they got knocked out the weekend before...
[/b]
What does that mean?

A really enjoyable game of Rugby to Watch, Scotland do need to sort the basics out to be able to stand a chance.. well done to Wales although being dominant most of the game they should of had a larger lead but there is still work to be done for the Welsh side because it could of been a totally different result if the TMO never gave that decision...

<div class='quotemain'>
Watching this, its making me even more depressed about last weekend. This is like New Zealand watching the World Cup Semi-Final and wondering how they got knocked out the weekend before...
[/b]
What does that mean? [/b][/quote]

Just how did we lose that game?

...bit obvious really. :wah:

That was a great game of rugby, nice that it was much more fast and fluid this year than last years war in the trenches. Henson and Hook ever improving, going to be so hard for the Saracens backs to contain those guys...

I reckon that 30-15 flatters Scotland not Wales. The try that wasn't is totally irrelavent to the result imo.
The plain facts are that we only got into their 22 for the first time in the second half with 4 minutes to go, all our points came from an exceptional Chris Patterson and Wales could have scored 2 or 3 more tries. Massively disappointing again from Scotland, I thought it was a better display than against France but creatively, aside from breaking the line once or twice, we were nowhere.
Hard to see anything in prospect but the wooden spoon. Well done Wales, but they'll need to improve their finishing to have a realistic chance of beating France.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

broken-record.jpg

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

broken-record.jpg
[/b][/quote]

blog7pixi.jpg

(by the way, I know it took about five minutes, but kudos for getting it :D )

well i did get it but i have a tendency to wade straight into banter so i have turned over a new leaf and now get confirmation of an opinion before i wade in.
You are supposed to wind us up when Wales lose, not when they get one step closer to a triple crown or grandslam.
Nice one for bringing up a different game in this thread, if i do come on after the Italy game tommorrow, whatever i say wont be about last week's game.
But we all know the world revolves around England and so i guess we should just expect it, a job in the BBC or ITV awaits i think.

well i did get it but i have a tendency to wade straight into banter so i have turned over a new leaf and now get confirmation of an opinion before i wade in.
You are supposed to wind us up when Wales lose, not when they get one step closer to a triple crown or grandslam.
Nice one for bringing up a different game in this thread, if i do come on after the Italy game tommorrow, whatever i say wont be about last week's game.
But we all know the world revolves around England and so i guess we should just expect it, a job in the BBC or ITV awaits i think. [/b]

Oh come now, wasn't really a wind up, if anything I'm even more depressed this week than I was last week so I'm not exactly sitting pretty here am I.

And thank you, I try to bring up different games in all the threads I encounter! Mission accomplished in this case!

Now, like a shadow in the night, watch as I vanish! Nyaaar ha hahahahaaaa!

That last Wales 'try' was not a try, and I say that as the most patriotic of Welsh supporters.

But we should have scored three tries in the first half, and there's little doubt that the best team won.

Scotland are turning into an England who can't win matches. Fair enough be boring and score all your points from kicks if you win, but boring and score all your points from kicks and lose...

A Few Match Stats

[table=Top Carries][tr][td=width]Brown[/td][td=width]10[/td][/tr][tr][td=width]R P Jones[/td][td=width]10[/td][/tr][tr][td=width]M E Williams[/td][td=width]8[/td][/tr]
[tr][td=width]Shanklin[/td][td=width]8[/td][/tr][tr][td=width]J Thomas[/td][td=width]7[/td][/tr][/table]

[table=Top Tacklers][tr][td=width]Barclay[/td][td=width]14[/td][/tr][tr][td=width]A R Jones[/td][td=width]13[/td][/tr][tr][td=width]Hamilton[/td][td=width]12[/td][/tr][tr][td=width]M E Williams[/td][td=width]12[/td][/tr][tr][td=width]Parks[/td][td=width]12[/td][/tr][/table]

[table=Most Missed Tackles][tr][td=width]Blair[/td][td=width]3[/td][/tr][tr][td=width]Murray[/td][td=width]2[/td][/tr][tr][td=width]Parks[/td][td=width]2[/td][/tr][tr][td=width]Barclay[/td][td=width]1[/td][/tr][tr][td=width]Bennett[/td][td=width]1[/td][/tr][/table]

[table=Most Off-Loads][tr][td=width]Hook[/td][td=width]3[/td][/tr][tr][td=width]Brown[/td][td=width]2[/td][/tr][tr][td=width]Bryne[/td][td=width]2[/td][/tr][tr][td=width]Hines[/td][td=width]2[/td][/tr][tr][td=width]A R Jones[/td][td=width]1[/td][/tr][/table]

[table=Most Errors][tr][td=width]R P Jones[/td][td=width]4[/td][/tr][tr][td=width]Blair[/td][td=width]3[/td][/tr][tr][td=width]Paterson[/td][td=width]3[/td][/tr][tr][td=width]Southwell[/td][td=width]3[/td][/tr][tr][td=width]de Luca[/td][td=width]2[/td][/tr][/table]

Scotland - Minutes in Oppossion Half
[/b]
1st Half - 14.01
2nd Half - 15.02

From SAS Software Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts