• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales' 6 Nations Squad

Ireland are the team to beat then 2-5 could go any way to be honest. I think Scotland are a match for anyone at home, but their away record in the 6 nations is poor and they do seem to struggle. I am positive about Wales' chances of doing well however I wouldn't be surprised if they finished 4th

I think the unpredictability between the top 5 is what makes it so exciting. It depends which France turns up. Winning in Paris is a tall order for any team.

Wales and Ireland are the key games for Scotland as I don't see any return in Paris or Twickers. Have a feeling Ireland will have too much this time at Murrayfield which means Italy and Wales are must wins IMO. Two years ago was easier as Howler was in charge of Wales when they came to Edinburgh. They will be stronger under Gatland this time around and I have concerns about the Scottish back row (in particular the breakdown) with no Barclay and now potentially Watson.

Murrayfield is a tough place for anyone to go to right now... can't really think too much about it atm though as currently having kittens about Paris. Murrayfield seems a long way away and (although current rankings suggest otherwise) Wales could be totally out of contention by that point (though I clearly hope not).

A fairly good squad, injuries considered. I predict Wales to come second, losing to Ireland on the last day, who'll get a second consecutive Grand Slam in the process.

It's all about the France game first up. Can't decide if it's a good opener or a horrible one. Proved to be good for Ireland last year, but it could easily have been a different story.

I know it's said every year, but France cannot stay a poor side for too long. Regardless of the politics etc. they have too many good players, too many monsters up front, too many exciting backs to be written off. Unless we play close to our best, or France have a shocker, I can easily see us losing in Paris.

Wouldn't mean it's all over if we do lose because everyone could end up losing at least one match. Bonus points could be vitally important this year! Italy second up is a good fixture to have in that regard. It should allow us to either keep the momentum going, or pick ourselves back up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/46973900

Halfpenny defiently out of the France game and probably the Italy one too, Liam Williams also has a broken finger so is doubtful, which adds to the list of Scott Williams, Gaerth Davies, Ross Moriarty, Adam Beard and Patchell who are all doubtful for France game.

If people are still wondering why the Welsh regions did so poorly in Europe this season, look at this injury list...

Tomos Williams will more than fill the gap of Gareth Davies.
As I said earlier I think Anscombe will go to 15 and Biggar in at 10(theres a reason he picked 4 10s) Personally id rather Amos in at 15 with Anscombe at 10.
Scott Williams isnt first choice atm and Watkin is more than capable.
Seb Davies can come in for Beard and we dont lose a lot and gain some athleticism.

Not all doom and gloom.

I think Parkes will start 12, not sure about 15 though, I would rather Amos as well but wouldn't be surprised to see Anscombe there. I still feels weird to be positive about the depth in the Wales team for once. :p

Putting this here as it's not really worth a thread of its own.
Faletau needs a 2ns operation on his arm.
Sounds like the plate came loose

Genuinely worried for Halfpenny's future. Even if he recovers from this latest set back, he's surely got to be one head injury away from being encouraged to retire.

He's fit to be selected, you would expect them not to select him though as he hasn't played in 3 months.

Latest posts