• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

USA Sevens

Sorry Little Guy guess the cup semi's weren't meant to be, but it's USA v Canada for the consolation plate semi's tomorrow morning.

3rd day fixtures:

33. 10 Feb 2013 - 09:20 Portugal 0 - 0 Uruguay SF Shield
34. 10 Feb 2013 - 09:42 Australia 0 - 0 Kenya SF Shield
35. 10 Feb 2013 - 10:04 Spain 0 - 0 Argentina SF Bowl
36. 10 Feb 2013 - 10:26 England 0 - 0 France SF Bowl
37. 10 Feb 2013 - 10:48 United States 0 - 0 Canada SF Plate
38. 10 Feb 2013 - 11:10 Scotland 0 - 0 Wales SF Plate
39. 10 Feb 2013 - 11:32 Fiji 0 - 0 New Zealand SF Cup
40. 10 Feb 2013 - 11:54 Samoa 0 - 0 South Africa SF Cup
41. 10 Feb 2013 - 12:45 Winner Game 33 0 - 0 Winner Game 34 Final Shield
42. 10 Feb 2013 - 13:10 Winner Game 35 0 - 0 Winner Game 36 Final Bowl
43. 10 Feb 2013 - 13:35 Winner Game 37 0 - 0 Winner Game 38 Final Plate
44. 10 Feb 2013 - 14:00 Loser Game 39 0 - 0 Loser Game 40 Third Place
45. 10 Feb 2013 - 14:25 Winner Game 39 0 - 0 Winner Game 40 Final Cup

Last edited:
Sorry Little Guy guess the cup semi's weren't meant to be, but it's USA v Canada for the consolation plate semi's tomorrow morning.

3rd day fixtures:
Yeah both our teams played well in Cup QF's but lacked that finish that's needed, could be a great game tommorow heading into the plate round.

Plenty of feeling in a lot of the matches today ... Argentina v Uruguay, Portugal v Spain, Australia v England ... Scotland v England ... plenty of Yellow cards too ... plenty of good matches tomorrow ... Canada v USA (plenty of crowd support for that one) ... thecup semis could go either way too ... I am hoping that NZ's form can remain good, and they can beat Fiji ... and I think Samoa might beat South Africa

Canada defeating the USA in oevrtime, what a great match up crowd was really into it, USA missed a conversion from right in front of the posts that cost them later on.

Wow, both cup semi-finals decided in extra time, great rugby! Especially the first one between New Zealand and Fiji, which is no surprise as these are the two best sevens teams in the world.
And just a note, Ben Lam is probably the best sevens player currently, every tournament I see him he is a standout.

Canada v Usa, NZ v Fiji were great games ... Canada's win over Scotland was also exciting ... not so pleased with he cup final result, but South Africe were desrved winners on the day ... congrats!

Really proud of the boys for the Plate win especially missing Mack and Duke to injury, looks like we are getting ourselves out of the relegation zone fairly well.

Didn't think we'd beat Samoa in the semi's never mind romp NZ in the final so a nice little surprise this morning. Well done, guys, we weren't giving you much chance but you won one back.

Canada defeating the USA in oevrtime, what a great match up crowd was really into it, USA missed a conversion from right in front of the posts that cost them later on.

Congrats on winning that one and the plate against Scotland. I still don't know why but the coach let somebody else kick that one that missed than the usual kicker. I know it's tougher to drop kick it through than with a tee, but right in front? Was a really fun game though, I'm looking forward to the two 15s matches this summer between the two rivals, they are just as exciting and last a whole lot longer with more cheap shots it'll be great.

Congrats on winning that one and the plate against Scotland. I still don't know why but the coach let somebody else kick that one that missed than the usual kicker. I know it's tougher to drop kick it through than with a tee, but right in front? Was a really fun game though, I'm looking forward to the two 15s matches this summer between the two rivals, they are just as exciting and last a whole lot longer with more cheap shots it'll be great.

Apparently Hume went against coaches orders in taking that kick and the U.S. coach has accused his team of going rogue and not respecting him looks like **** is hitting the fan a little in the Eagles camp.

Didn't think we'd beat Samoa in the semi's never mind romp NZ in the final so a nice little surprise this morning. Well done, guys, we weren't giving you much chance but you won one back.

Well they certainly had the crowd support for the final ... it seemed that a lot of the supporters from the other nations suddenly became South African supports ;) ... I was expecting a bit of trash talk to come my way, after such a crushing defeat, but surprisingly, it only came from a guy with anEnglish accent ... Vegas was great after it all finished ... feeling it a bit today :)

Well they certainly had the crowd support for the final ... it seemed that a lot of the supporters from the other nations suddenly became South African supports ;) ... I was expecting a bit of trash talk to come my way, after such a crushing defeat, but surprisingly, it only came from a guy with anEnglish accent ... Vegas was great after it all finished ... feeling it a bit today :)

I'm not sure that it's that surprising!!! Especially considering England's form on the tour this year(aside from the one they won they've been fairly pants)

I'm not sure that it's that surprising!!! Especially considering England's form on the tour this year(aside from the one they won they've been fairly pants)

... the rivalry/sledging is all part of it, and would have laughed and played along if there was more ... just expected it from the SA supporters ...met some great people from all over the world LG .. hopefully you can make it next time :)

Did you go over to the after-party at Monte Carlo last night? I had an 8 AM flight and missed it...

Did you go over to the after-party at Monte Carlo last night? I had an 8 AM flight and missed it...

It was pretty sweet. Rugby people all over the place, the French and Spanish teams at least showed up. (Maybe more came later, but I left to find where all the Kenyans were partying)

Apparently Hume went against coaches orders in taking that kick and the U.S. coach has accused his team of going rogue and not respecting him looks like **** is hitting the fan a little in the Eagles camp.

Haha I mean I can see where how the two may not get a long. Mags comes across as very strict, very stern, and I feel like he wants to play a super structured disciplined game, very little risk. Hume is pretty nice guy, gets along with most everyone, very confident and it shows on the field. He's very spur of the moment, creative, and wants to take risks. And I can see how Luke may be frustrated with the cuffs Mags probably puts on.

2014 usa 7s pools

pool a: so africa,wales,kenya,canada
pool b: nz,fiji,australia,scotland
pool c:samoa,portugal,england,uruguay
pool d:argentina,france,usa,spain

so there thet r...DISCUSS!!! :)

2014 usa 7s pools

pool a: so africa,wales,kenya,canada
pool b: nz,fiji,australia,scotland
pool c:samoa,portugal,england,uruguay
pool d:argentina,france,usa,spain

so there thet r...DISCUSS!!! :)

My only comment will be that I think a new tournament can have a new thread. It just seems tidier.

Latest posts