• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

URC 2023/2024 Quarter Finals

We're going with a stronger starting XV for this one anyway. Backrow looks a lot better balanced. A Friday kickoff for the reigning champ is ******* idiotic. Ticket sales will be muck.

Munster: Simon Zebo; Calvin Nash, Antoine Frisch, Seán O'Brien, Shane Daly; Jack Crowley, Craig Casey; Jeremy Loughman, Niall Scannell, Stephen Archer; RG Snyman, Tadhg Beirne (C); Peter O'Mahony, John Hodnett, Gavin Coombes.

Replacements: Diarmuid Barron, John Ryan, Oli Jager, Jack O'Donoghue, Alex Kendellen, Conor Murray, Tony Butler, Mike Haley.

Ospreys:

15. Max Nagy

14. Luke Morgan

13. Owen Watkin

12. Keiran Williams

11. Keelan Giles

10. Owen Williams

9. Reuben Morgan-Williams

1. Nicky Smith

2. Dewi Lake

3. Tom Botha

4. James Ratti

5. Huw Sutton

6. Jac Morgan

7. Justin Tipuric (C)

8. Morgan Morris

Replacements:

16. Sam Parry

17. Gareth Thomas

18. Rhys Henry

19. Victor Sekekete

20. Morgan Morse

21. Luke Davies

22. Luke Scully

23. Harri Houston

We're going with a stronger starting XV for this one anyway. Backrow looks a lot better balanced. A Friday kickoff for the reigning champ is ******* idiotic. Ticket sales will be muck.
It was preset. Obviously expected a team with real fans that show up any day of the week to top the league.

It was preset. Obviously expected a team with real fans that show up any day of the week to top the league.
It's all relative I suppose. For instance, we will probably do a bit better than the 9K Leinster managed against Glasgow in the QF two years back!

I reckon we've got a good chance of keeping this loss within 40 points. Might put a bet on.

Munster play less games because of their conscientious objection to European knockout games. Less supply, higher demand.
Ohhhhh, ok. Doesn't really make sense though. We definitely held the record for the most QF wins up until 2ish years ago (not sure who has it now, Toulouse I suspect) and haven't missed the knockouts in I'm going to say 8 years.

I reckon we've got a good chance of keeping this loss within 40 points. Might put a bet on.
I'm a bit squeaky bum about this. We should win it, but I think we will do poorly in scrums and the Osprey's backrow are a very good unit. We are not well covered at second row or Outhalf now.

I'm a bit squeaky bum about this.
oh **** off Groundhog you polite, respectful person. I know you're real game, you're doing the old humble reverse jinxeroo (ironically what I was doing in my post, lol)

I'm not falling for it.

Nah joking aside, there's a small chance we could make a game of it but I see it going like this.

60% chance we lose by 40 plus
30% chance we keep it within a couple of scores.
10% Jesus comes off the bench in the dying minutes to perform a miracle that makes feeding the 5000 look like a cheap Paul Daniel's trick.

Munster play less games because of their conscientious objection to European knockout games. Less supply, higher demand.
Does that mentality apply to trophies over last 2 years too?

17,500 tickes sold in 5 days ain't to shabby on Munster hurling weekend

Strong team, I get increasingly worried that despite all the noise, we won't see Ringrose again until next season.

Strong team, I get increasingly worried that despite all the noise, we won't see Ringrose again until next season.
Is the rumours he may need an op true. Was said before European final he was unlikely to play again this year.

Ospreys pack with Lake, Morgan and Tips should be competative with Munster, although Snyman and Beirne are a big upgrade on the Ospreys SR pairing.

Owen Williams worries me at 10. He was really poor the last time these sides met, costing the Ospreys any chance of voctory despite controlling much of the territory and possession. Dan Edwards is a big loss imo.

Hoping for a close one though, but I think Munster score a few 'soft' try's, whilst Ospreys battle hard but struggle to convert more than a couple of opportunities.

Definitely feels weird not seeing Thomond Park at full capacity for a quarterfinal.

Definitely feels weird not seeing Thomond Park at full capacity for a quarterfinal.
Not really as it a Friday evening on same weekend as Munster hurling and 6 day turnaround. Crowd actually decent considering.
Next weekend if we win is a Saturday so 8 day turnaround on a weekend much much better if we get through this. Weather turning here a bit so still a battle on

Latest posts