• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Under 20’s 2019

3rd probably. Hell of an achievement, especially considering we generally get more out of worse teams than England and France do too.
Well especially the levels of professionalism. They are much more ahead at that stage but yes it is a phenomenal achievement even doing it with 1 game to spare

Cracking performance. Firstly delighted with the full house and serious atmosphere in cork. 8k is a great size. Brilliant to see all the kids there. Have to say I wondered how it would go there.

They look a really well coached bunch. The 3g pitch suits them obviously but the skill set is very good. Hodnett Healy French wren Wycherley and flannery all look capable of stepping to the next level from a Munster POV. Casey is some player. I'd worry about his durability given he's already had surgery on both knees and his back prior to this year but sometimes it's just getting to age 22/23 and they get an injury free phase. His attitude spikiness and incredible pass could make any team buzz.

Fair play to McNamara after last year's debacle. They have made huge strides. Players making all the right decisions.

Yeah I'd have been happy with third before the tournament, all I'd have hoped for against France or England were competitive games, they're well ahead of where we are at this age. Plenty of those players had played Top14 last week, while we had two(?) players who'd played for their provinces, Penny and Kernohan. From a Leinster perspective, Penny (obviously), Ryan, Baird, Byrne, Turner and Hawkshaw look very talented. Liam Turner sometimes needs to pass it a bit more but overall he's very good. Up front, Josh Wycherley is prone to the odd handling error but he's generally excellent. The backrow have been brilliant. Casey is everything you'd want in a 9, he seems like a nightmare to play against. Healy did fairly well last night after a shaky start, but he isn't as good as Byrne, who's been brilliant. Hawkshaw is obviously very talented but sometimes he doesn't always impose himself on games. Wren is very talented out wide.

England men U20s v Scotland
15. Tom de Glanville (Bath Rugby)
14. Ollie Hassell-Collins (London Irish)
13. Ollie Lawrence (Worcester Warriors)
12. Cameron Redpath (Sale Sharks)
11. Arron Reed (Sale Sharks)
10. Manu Vunipola (Saracens)
9. Ollie Fox (Yorkshire Carnegie)
1. Kai Owen (Worcester Warriors)
2. Samson Ma'asi (Northampton Saints)
3. Joe Heyes (Leicester Tigers)
4. Alex Coles (Northampton Saints)
5. James Scott (Worcester Warriors)
6. Tom Willis (Wasps)
7. Aaron Hinkley (Gloucester Rugby)
8. Rusiate Tuima (Exeter Chiefs)
Replacements:
16. Alfie Barbeary (Wasps)
17. Olly Adkins (Gloucester Rugby)
18. Alfie Petch (Exeter Chiefs)
19. Jon Kpoku (Saracens)
20. Richard Capstick (Exeter Chiefs)
21. Gus Warr (Sale Sharks)
22. Kieran Wilkinson (Sale Sharks)
23. Josh Hodge (Newcastle Falcons)

That 10/12/13 is vveerryy good

I think at home we'd have gotten both of them. For what it's worth I thought the first one was slightly short, I thought the second one was a try though

Costelow is gonna be a star... has had to play second fiddle to Cai Evans all Championship but the boy is sheer class.

Latest posts