• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Under 20 Six Nations

I'm looking forward to this (Ireland France) game. Just hoping the weather will be dry and we'll see some good rugby. I watched a bit of the France Scotland match. Boys against men so its hard to judge. Hard to judge Ireland too since it was playing in a mudbath but they played well and the scrum looked very strong. This Arnold and Ringrose center partnership could cause some damage if they click.

If Callard dropped Max Clark, rather than it being an injury, it only confirms my impression of him as a coach. The other puzzling thing is that we actually JWC champions like Morris and Tompkins in the squad, so why aren't' they playing? The only thing I can imagine is that they are injured - not even Callard could drop them for Marchant (decent, but not Tompkins) or O'Connor (very mediocre on first impression).

Frances -20 team for tonights match against the Irish dont know about you guys but we have it live over here on France 4. would you believe not a foreigner insight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FRANCE : Ramos â€" Bonneval, Roudil, Fontaine, Blanc â€" (o) Meret, (m) Meric â€" Sanconnié, Bachelier (cap), Macalou â€" Cazaeux, Labouteley â€" Simutoga, Marchand, Neti

Remplaçants : Chat, Estorge, Bethune, Delannoy, Devergie, Dupont, Penaud, Saurs

If Callard dropped Max Clark, rather than it being an injury, it only confirms my impression of him as a coach. The other puzzling thing is that we actually JWC champions like Morris and Tompkins in the squad, so why aren't' they playing? The only thing I can imagine is that they are injured - not even Callard could drop them for Marchant (decent, but not Tompkins) or O'Connor (very mediocre on first impression).

Quite possibly playing club rugby; the clubs get first dibs on them during the 6N.

Frances -20 team for tonights match against the Irish dont know about you guys but we have it live over here on France 4. would you believe not a foreigner insight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FRANCE : Ramos РBonneval, Roudil, Fontaine, Blanc Р(o) Meret, (m) Meric РSanconni̩, Bachelier (cap), Macalou РCazaeux, Labouteley РSimutoga, Marchand, Neti

Remplaçants : Chat, Estorge, Bethune, Delannoy, Devergie, Dupont, Penaud, Saurs

Its live here too! ;)

Btw, you have 2 Pacific islander (Neti and Simutoga) props. Neti struggled against Scotland while Simutoga looked good when he came on.

Don't think Callard has anything to do with the u20s?

The pack really needs to up the intensity this week.
Looking forward to seeing Genge and Hill on the front foot.

Ringrose is looking sharp.

Backs are really class in general.

EDIT: Nicely worked try. With Arnold, Cleary and Brewer we have some depth at 12.

Great seeing the 12 look for that offload. Agree BG8, backs are looking sharp. Well drilled. Still early days so lets hope for a big performance.

That scrum needs to be sorted though. Heffernan has always had dodgy technique.

That scrum needs to be sorted though. Heffernan has always had dodgy technique.

Didn't phase the Ireland number 8 while giving a few big don't argues just now :lol:

edit. That number 8 for France burned our back three.

Last edited:
Well that's annoying, controlling game but individual French flair and athleticism brings them level.

Had to turn off the Scotland u20's vs Wales u20s, watched about 15mins of the worst, most one sided refereeing I've seen in a long time. Scotland were given about 4 awful calls in a row, then a Welsh lock gets binned for a "high" tackle that was nowhere near to being even high!

Haha those French players had no idea what the ref said. "wtf he say?" "I duno man just keep walkin'"

edit. Fark Fitzgerald is fast.

Last edited:
Not actually losing that much pace with Fitzgerald instead of O'Shea it seems.

Scotland under 20 just beat Wales under 20, 36 - 34 one off the best matches I've ever seen and this is the first time watching a under 20 game.

This is 1 of best variety games I've seen. Like they're not afraid to try things and playing freely.

Latest posts