• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Just speaking from viewing. Tom Farrell is predominantly an inside centre. Not what I think we need as Rory Scannell is still there to fill that role. But Farrell is out of contract this year. Will be a good squad option cheap. Tom Daly would be a bit more realistic in terms of fitting the squad profile but not the starter we need. I'd expect the resources to be put in to someone who can start.

Last edited:
I like Farrell, would be a good player for Munster I reckon. Clearing space for Hugh Gavin is a win win for all parties I reckon.

Tom Daly wouldn't get me excited as a Munster fan however.

I like Farrell, would be a good player for Munster I reckon. Clearing space for Hugh Gavin is a win win for all parties I reckon.

Tom Daly wouldn't get me excited as a Munster fan however.
No but the POM news now frees up money that was set aside as part of what we thought we may have to offer him. The problem from the inside is not finances but more who is out there. We have Frisch wage + transfer fee to spend on wages for a replacement if he goes (nothing signed yet)

Does that settle the beef re: Rowntree in that case Muff?
Talks have eased but alot was based on costs vs playing. Rowntree has relaxed a bit as he still has budget to get other areas targetted that he feels are important.
POM I think will be mainly 20 next year for alot with the transition happening over the season.
Wig will be here next year as I was talking to him this morning (not on beef) but he is talking like a man deep in plans for next year.

I do agree he will probably end up there 1 day. Is Jack still with ye?
Joel is going to be a very good player if his tracjectory continues.
Jack I believe retired, focused on getting a real job at Loughborough

Joel managed to avoid the front row club right? I think I remember he played 10 when he lived here in the age grades

Yeah I heard he was impressive at the age group levels when he played here
Honestly I can see him staying in Munster
Yeah he's starting in his first eligible year of three as a 16 year old which is good going. Depends what he wants to do college wise, but I'm sure he will have a good shot at making age grade sides with Munster

Just speaking from viewing. Tom Farrell is predominantly an inside centre. Not what I think we need as Rory Scannell is still there to fill that role. But Farrell is out of contract this year. Will be a good squad option cheap. Tom Daly would be a bit more realistic in terms of fitting the squad profile but not the starter we need. I'd expect the resources to be put in to someone who can start.
Piers o Connor in the mix I wonder?

Latest posts