• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

I could see it
Tigers building a pretty beefy pack - If one of Martin/Chessum goes to 6 permanently then that would make up some of the lack of grunt at 8, like Ewers at Chiefs

As I said let's just say there alot behind scenes. Won't say much but there reports out there with some close to what is fact. Wig wasn't with us flying over Saturday. And I think part of it was cooling tempers. Other bit was if you watched Sunday what happened in 1 case probably nearly showed a bit of what happening.
so POM and Wig are against each other and only one will stay..

If that is the case and Munster pick POM over Wig then god help them.
Rowntree is a top coach and guy he won't be easy to replace

I could see it
Tigers building a pretty beefy pack - If one of Martin/Chessum goes to 6 permanently then that would make up some of the lack of grunt at 8, like Ewers at Chiefs
Yeah, honestly Hanro can do that job, I guess it's more Reffell and Simmonds balance IF true

Fully fully agreed. Club legend or not PO'M is at the end of his career and this is a business. Rowntree is imo key to the future success of this club. I truly believe in this coaching ticket if given time and resources.

On the Kelly note I would love to have him, and it would soften the Frisch blow, but I doubt that will materialise. I don't see the IRFU buying..... anyone out of a contract.

but I doubt that will materialise
Never say never,
Addison and Haley were both in contract at Sale and the IRFU bought them out - Kelly would be a bigger snag for Ireland than those considering positional depth and age, if the IRFU have a word with him and say a cap this summer(/autumn? think he's eligible in early July but dunno what Ireland's schedule is) is a likelihood then he might take it
Kelly went to school in the town where Haley is from, as well, so they could talk pies or whatever people from Preston bond over

Never say never,
Addison and Haley were both in contract at Sale and the IRFU bought them out - Kelly would be a bigger snag for Ireland than those considering positional depth and age, if the IRFU have a word with him and say a cap this summer(/autumn? think he's eligible in early July but dunno what Ireland's schedule is) is a likelihood then he might take it
Kelly went to school in the town where Haley is from, as well, so they could talk pies or whatever people from Preston bond over
Did they buy those lads out? Didn't know that, interesting one. I think it will depend on the Frisch situation. he has to his credit been very honest about the fact he may well jump ship this summer, which would also involve a contract buyout from a French suitor. That could facilitate a Kelly buyout financially I suppose.

Did they buy those lads out?
From what I remember hearing at the time: Yes, but it wasn't publicised (and wasn't an exorbitant sum). Both had 1 year left on their deals, and it was more of a "Sorry for inconveniencing you" kind of payment, rather than a "We will pay whatever you're asking". Kind of like when Forshaw left mid-contract to go join Wales - we were never going to stand in their way of leaving

Think we brought in Ashton to replace the two of them, combined

Well I think most agree with you is consensus I got chatting to few fans in Airport Sunday.
POM is a superb player but is 35 this year.

Wig is loved here also. Has brought in a good coaching unit. Has given chances to everyone. And has done well considering his resources.
My own personal view. And I know Pete and know he isn't a money grabber but pride kicks in.
He wants a big contract for a year. There is a probably the pride element of I can't take huge drop as it makes me look weak.
IRFU won't pay full whack. Munster are like we aren't playing that much as he is away 50% of time with Ireland and when he is back with us part of that time is recovering from punishment of international game.
Wigs view is we need to move on at some stage and eventually the cost doesn't equal the reward.
Like we lost alot when POM went off but look I've treated Pete for years and his body as I said is aging and it natural cycle.
I just hope it does finish well for everyone.

On Kelly rumour. There is a few other names been mentioned for centre replacement. Frisch hasn't signed for Toulon yet and is more hoping for offers closer to Paris. Also we had 2 hookers 95% over line and both have fell through.

Never say never,
Haley wasn't bought out contract was "mutually" terminated to allow him chase international pursuit after IRFU contacted. Possibly did get a "sorry" fee. And Haley is now a fan favourite. And a superb guy off the field. On Kelly he is IQ from July 4th. You'd swear homework was done on him :)

Frisch on the other hand is going on slightly cheaper side as IRFU just want him gone. A bit of joke really they treat it as if he let them down and embarrassed them when they clearly did not want him.

I'd hate it if Kelly played for Ireland to be honest.

Not a criticism of anyone, it's makes absolute sense, I just hate nation switching and this would be his second time doing it. Worst thing in rugby currently.

I'd hate it if Kelly played for Ireland to be honest.

Not a criticism of anyone, it's makes absolute sense, I just hate nation switching and this would be his second time doing it. Worst thing in rugby currently.
It's fundamentally ridiculous, but I don't really care if it gets Munster a quality player.

Haley wasn't bought out contract was "mutually" terminated to allow him chase international pursuit after IRFU contacted. Possibly did get a "sorry" fee. And Haley is now a fan favourite. And a superb guy off the field. On Kelly he is IQ from July 4th. You'd swear homework was done on him :)

Frisch on the other hand is going on slightly cheaper side as IRFU just want him gone. A bit of joke really they treat it as if he let them down and embarrassed them when they clearly did not want him.
Hey muff Are we looking at NIQ or IQ options for Frisch?
Any hope of cover at Loosehead ?

Challenging scenario re Pom. Definitely top5 of our best players of all time but definitely can see the other side of Munster getting stumped for a bill if it's only to recuperate him after Ireland games. Time waits for no man.
not a great look for irfu head office though…I wonder would a man in blue have been left without a central contract even for a year

It's fundamentally ridiculous, but I don't really care if it gets Munster a quality player.

Lads were honestly forgetting this is a career for guys. A brutal painful dangerous one given the risks of brain injury.

Player will try to play u20 wherever to make the breakthrough.
Hasn't really worked out I terms of getting further English caps but with bundee aging and henshaw injury prone there is options beside forde and Osborne. Cant blame any man

Lads were honestly forgetting this is a career for guys. A brutal painful dangerous one given the risks of brain injury.

Player will try to play u20 wherever to make the breakthrough.
Hasn't really worked out I terms of getting further English caps but with bundee aging and henshaw injury prone there is options beside forde and Osborne. Cant blame any man
Zero, zero judgement towards the player or tbh the IRFU for playing within the rules. Like I said I cynically don't care if we're the beneficiary, but players playing for multiple nations, esp tier 1 is ridiculous.

Hey muff Are we looking at NIQ or IQ options for Frisch?
Any hope of cover at Loosehead ?

Challenging scenario re Pom. Definitely top5 of our best players of all time but definitely can see the other side of Munster getting stumped for a bill if it's only to recuperate him after Ireland games. Time waits for no man.
not a great look for irfu head office though…I wonder would a man in blue have been left without a central contract even for a year
Centre/Utility players are IQ. Forwards are NIQ. Very hard find right 1 though

From what I hearing Kelly isn't in Top 3 of list

Zero, zero judgement towards the player or tbh the IRFU for playing within the rules. Like I said I cynically don't care if we're the beneficiary, but players playing for multiple nations, esp tier 1 is ridiculous.
Agree it a wrong rule and to be honest the 3 year rule should only be allowed if going from Tier 1 to Tier 2. Lads swapping from Ireland to England or Vice versa or South Africa etc shouldn't be allowed but in official terms what is Tier 1. Is it just the 10 nations (6Nations + Rugby Championship)

Like it was a rule brought in ro help lower nations especially Pacific Islanders but top tier nations will exploit this now especially that Residency Rule gone to 5 years