• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

With Billy Vunipola going to Montepiller I wonder if Simmonds might be looking elsewhere?
I would be interested to see him at a English club again. Must be watching Earl and thinking that could've been him (Personally I feel Earl is a lot more physical than Simmonds ever was, largely down to him starting at 7 where the defensive work is more expected, whereas at Exeter Baxter kinda hide him behind two big ass flankers)

Steven Kitshoff returning to South Africa from Ulster after only 1 year of his 3 year contract.

To be fair, I've thought he's been quite poor for Ulster this season

I feel it's hard to maintain that high of winning a RWC
Pollard form has also dropped a lot this season
I've said it before it seems that in rugby at least living in the UK has performance disadvantages. Especially if you are coming from SA.

Pollard always played better for club than country though and even then he was just a game manager.

I've said it before it seems that in rugby at least living in the UK has performance disadvantages. Especially if you are coming from SA.

Pollard always played better for club than country though and even then he was just a game manager.
That's a wild take given the amount of highly successful South Africans who have done very well in the Premiership.

Faf improved an insane amount when he moved to England
Akker, Rohan, RdP... In fact I can't think of any of our saffers who didn't improve quite a lot - maybe just Oosthuizen?

Jasper Wiese leaves Tigers one of the best 8s in the world

Pollard one of the only South Africans I can think of that will leave on a slump - but I've never particularly rated him at club level tbh

Mujati and Kruger at saints also improved massively here off the top of my head. Seems that statement is a bunch of BS unless you weren't talking about rugby development.

Akker, Rohan, RdP... In fact I can't think of any of our saffers who didn't improve quite a lot - maybe just Oosthuizen?

Pollard one of the only South Africans I can think of that will leave on a slump - but I've never particularly rated him at club level tbh
Pollard last season was class

Same for Esterhuizen, Green and Louw at Quins IMO.

There have been so many over the years. On the whole, I wouldn't necessarily say the Premiership improves SA players, but to suggest there are 'performance disadvantages' is bizarre and plainly incorrect.

Steven Kitshoff returning to South Africa from Ulster after only 1 year of his 3 year contract.

To be fair, I've thought he's been quite poor for Ulster this season
Rumours the accounts in Ulster alot worst than first thought. Kitshoff departure will involve no buyout of contract and a mutual tear up.

IRFU looking to move alot of Leinster fringe players and AIL guys in.