• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Snyman and De Allende signing for Munster apprently.

I feel like a kid when your little brother better Christmas presents than you. Where's my world cup winning Sprinkbok, Mum?* Life is cruel and unfair.

I'll settle for Faf de Klerk (please don't ban me Olly)

*Mum being the IRFU
Imagine claiming to be a top side and not having two world cup winning South Africans playing for you
#CantRelate

Imagine crying about the English clubs spending too much money on players
Now I'll just cry about Munster, which is way more fun in all honesty.

Imagine claiming to be a top side and not having two world cup winning South Africans playing for you
#CantRelate
Wouldn't expect someone from Sale to be able to relate to supporting a top side in fairness.

And CJ van der Linde spent a few constantly injured seasons here 10 years ago so we basically have the Sprinkbok quota down as well.

And everybody knows the 2015 Wallabies world cup finalists are who you actually want to base your squad off anyway, and we have two of them.

Disses Sale but Ireland takes their English players
The only Irish provinces to win anything in the last eight years are the ones without Sale players.

Edit: unless Connacht have one I haven't heard about, which admittedly wouldn't surprise me at all.

So the exodus starts, you rich NH a$$holes!!

Couldn't you just let them have their victory parade before you swoop down like vultures???

Anyways, I have an idea that this is just the beginning, and I would be very surprized if any of the World Cup squad players are actually left in SA by 2020. At least they will come visit once a year when they play the Cheetahs and the Kings in SA...

Couldn't you just let them have their victory parade before you swoop down like vultures???

Anyways, I have an idea that this is just the beginning, and I would be very surprized if any of the World Cup squad players are actually left in SA by 2020. At least they will come visit once a year when they play the Cheetahs and the Kings in SA...

SA SR teams, apart from maybe the Sharks are gonna suck next year. I have no hope for the Bulls, player drain and Pote as coach.

SA SR teams, apart from maybe the Sharks are gonna suck next year. I have no hope for the Bulls, player drain and Pote as coach.

Well, let's wait and see what happens. Maybe we'll get 2 cash cows and we buy some quality players of our own.

I see Reinach has been offered a lucrative deal to join Montpellier.

Well, let's wait and see what happens. Maybe we'll get 2 cash cows and we buy some quality players of our own.

I see Reinach has been offered a lucrative deal to join Montpellier.
Saints need to fight to keep Reinach he was literally their best player last season. And top try scorer.

Saints need to fight to keep Reinach he was literally their best player last season. And top try scorer.
With Young Michell and H.Taylor. C Tupai coming through 9 is not a position I'm to concerned about.
Cobus is a great player though.
No point being in a bidding war with a French team we can't compete with financially.
Back row must be the investment area for Saints.

Two players going to Munster stinks of Rassie having an influence on their decisions. They'll be on 75% of what they'd get in France or England at best but they'll play less rugby.

Worrying for SA clubs if the top man can only influence their players so far as saying leave for this country, not that one!

Two players going to Munster stinks of Rassie having an influence on their decisions. They'll be on 75% of what they'd get in France or England at best but they'll play less rugby.

Worrying for SA clubs if the top man can only influence their players so far as saying leave for this country, not that one!

That sounds a bit butthurt coming from a Leinster fan.

It's just 2 guys, so Leinster still has some options for the others that aren't yet playing abroad.

Get your chequebooks out, there's gonna be some Sarries on the market in the coming months.

i wonder who still has space?

Leicester? Sale?

Not sure how many teams could squeeze these guys into their budget.

Isiekwe, Whiteley, Malins, Kpoku, Manu Vunipola, Segun, Tompkins, Earl would seem like players they will either hold onto and build from or sell quickly.

Wish Wasps had some budget space haha

We don't - we're spending up to the cap for the first time now.

I've heard Kpoku is leaving - can't remember to who, Saints maybe?

Saints rumored to be signing Kpoku and Dombrandt.
Exter rumored to be signing Malins

Tigers won't have cap space but I would imagine they will be freeing up a good chunk next year.

That sounds a bit butthurt coming from a Leinster fan.

It's just 2 guys, so Leinster still has some options for the others that aren't yet playing abroad.
Haha it's really not. DDA would be a wasted foreign player for Leinster and Snyman would be good if we can't renew Fardy's contract but we have two promising second rows primed to join Ryan next year. The world cup winner that would make sense to sign is tied to Toulouse for 5 years considering it seems to be against IRFU policy to have foreign talent starting in the front row or either half back position. South Africans are rarely good fits in Leinster anyway, Ollie le Roux and Richardt Strauss are the only ones who are remembered fondly, Ulster (religion) and Munster (presumably land and farming) are far better fits more often than not.

But, this is nothing short of a coup for an Irish province, you really have to go back about ten years to Pienaar, Elsom and De Villiers to find us signing an SH international who wasn't retired from international rugby. And it's a team Rassie was coaching less than two years ago who he provided with his replacement, and it's come just after South Africa have allowed the selection of players regardless of where they play their rugby.

Haha it's really not. DDA would be a wasted foreign player for Leinster and Snyman would be good if we can't renew Fardy's contract but we have two promising second rows primed to join Ryan next year. The world cup winner that would make sense to sign is tied to Toulouse for 5 years considering it seems to be against IRFU policy to have foreign talent starting in the front row or either half back position. South Africans are rarely good fits in Leinster anyway, Ollie le Roux and Richardt Strauss are the only ones who are remembered fondly, Ulster (religion) and Munster (presumably land and farming) are far better fits more often than not.

But, this is nothing short of a coup for an Irish province, you really have to go back about ten years to Pienaar, Elsom and De Villiers to find us signing an SH international who wasn't retired from international rugby. And it's a team Rassie was coaching less than two years ago who he provided with his replacement, and it's come just after South Africa have allowed the selection of players regardless of where they play their rugby.

I'm actually surprized that Munster signed 2 saffas that are already capped for SA to be honest. I thought they look for the uncapped guys who was overlooked at some stage for the boks...

UzRaI6x.png

Get it guys? Cause they're poachers?

Latest posts