• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers 2016-2017

Very good signing, I'd say he's about as good as a player can get without being unavailable during international windows

Probably a very good move for both club and player.

For all the chat about Underhill, Evans etc a reinvigorated Kvesic could get back in the Eng mix.

Kvesic playing out of his skin before this season, and wasn't picked. (Despite pundits praising him)

I just can't see that changing even at Exeter, although playing champions cup rugby and challenging for play-offs will help his exposure.

He's only 24. Thought he was much older. Agree if he didn't get picked last season he ain't getting picked by Jones.

Not sure how he fits into ex back row. Is salvi still there?

He's only 24. Thought he was much older. Agree if he didn't get picked last season he ain't getting picked by Jones.

Not sure how he fits into ex back row. Is salvi still there?

Maybe he'll improve his game enough to warrant a EPS spot. But then I'm sure you the much talked about underhill will be tearing up trees by then.

Sadly I expect you're right Tigs, but I cling to the fact that Back was 25 before Eng cottoned on.

Kvesic is (potentially) world class, IMO.

His non-promotion under Lancaster is still one of the most mysterious situations I've witnessed in the sport.

I'm a fan of Kev and think he could be a very good player internationally. But I don't think he has the athleticism to become world class. He has neither the speed like Tipuric, nor the power like Pocock.

He hasn't had a great season for Gloucester, losing out his first-choice spot to Jacob Rowan; a change of scene will probably bring out his better side again.

He hasn't had a great season for Gloucester, losing out his first-choice spot to Jacob Rowan; a change of scene will probably bring out his better side again.

I think you're being naive if you don't think that's partly down to his move. I'm fairly confident this would have been sorted before the season - when Kev was being coached by Hepher with the Saxons.

That and (again) not being selected by England is easily enough to demoralise a player.

It's pretty crazy to see so many people ****ting all over him in social media.
People seem to think not being an international player = being a **** player.
Seen him branded as lazy and with no work ethic on the pitch, as well, which is just mental.

Bannanahands reminds me of the kind of player Kvesic is. Excellent at club level not quite good enough for international except Banna's got a chance.....

How'd you figure that?

Every time he's been brought into Saxons or England A sides he's been outstanding, and outplayed players who have many, many caps - including direct competitors like Haskell and Wood.

I think you're being naive if you don't think that's partly down to his move. I'm fairly confident this would have been sorted before the season - when Kev was being coached by Hepher with the Saxons.

That and (again) not being selected by England is easily enough to demoralise a player.
I'm not too sure about that. Even if the decision to move had been made, he's still playing for an EPS spot, and the better he plays for Gloucester, the better a contract Exeter will offer. He had incentive to perform for Gloucester.

Not really.

He had played better than his competitors for the previous two seasons, and outperformed them in England teams they also played in.

He would have to be running on blind optimism to not be effected negatively by that.

Gutted to see Kvesic go tbh but it's been pretty much set for months.

I do think the reason he lost his starting spot this year is because of the impending move - Although Rowan doesn't let us down, Kvesic (and the team) is better when he plays.

He's not the quickest but reads the game pretty well imho.
When he first joined Gloucester he got physically dominated by opposition players - but he was only 21 and, while he doesn't look like one who will ever be physically dominant, he doesn't get pushed around any more.

Is he a world class openside? Probably not but I would say he's up there with England's other options right now and maybe this move will be good for him (esp. since we'll struggle to make the Champions Cup again this year).

How'd you figure that?

Every time he's been brought into Saxons or England A sides he's been outstanding, and outplayed players who have many, many caps - including direct competitors like Haskell and Wood.

I'm with rats. Have never really understood why he wasn't given a chance.

Don't see it happening now though, if it wasn't last year it's never.

It's pretty crazy to see so many people ****ting all over him in social media.
People seem to think not being an international player = being a **** player.
Seen him branded as lazy and with no work ethic on the pitch, as well, which is just mental.

To be fair though I've just a "discussion" with a lovely Irish lad who labelled Billy Vunipola a fat, one trick pony !

Social media rugby discussions are the gift that keeps on giving

Last edited: